Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I didn't follow much of the Ultimate line back in the day, but now that it's dead and gone, I have the strangest compulsion to track down trades and read about it.

I only followed Ultimate X-Men, back in the day, but I'm looking to get into Ultimate Spider-Man (from the beginning) and Ultimate Avengers (The Ultimates). I see most of Peter and Miles' trades are still available on Amazon, and they have a single omnibus for Ult Spidey. And Mark Millar's Ultimates run is collected into one omnibus.

Can anyone recommend any other titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I didn't follow much of the Ultimate line back in the day, but now that it's dead and gone, I have the strangest compulsion to track down trades and read about it.

I only followed Ultimate X-Men, back in the day, but I'm looking to get into Ultimate Spider-Man (from the beginning) and Ultimate Avengers (The Ultimates). I see most of Peter and Miles' trades are still available on Amazon, and they have a single omnibus for Ult Spidey. And Mark Millar's Ultimates run is collected into one omnibus.

Can anyone recommend any other titles?
    A lot of the mini's were great. Ultimate Galactus trilogy and Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk come to mind.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I decided to buy the TPB of Ultimates 1 + 2, ad the two Galactus stories against the Ultimates. I was going to spring for the Ultimates omnibus, but $240 is more than I am willing to spend for a book, even used.

I just hate buying paperbacks due to the edges fraying and bending.

Yesterday I finished USM (Peter), in it's entirety. I bought all the HC and omnibui and it took me 6 days to complete them all. Really good stuff. Which is odd, considering Bendis' work nowadays.

Pros:
    The updates to the Spider universe were all really good, Bendis' writing was great, the artists (especially Mark Bagley and David LaFuente), and the long story worked out really well.

Cons:
    Bendis did drop a number of plot threads that he had been building up during his run. I read about this before starting, and I wasn't surprised.

I never took to the Hulk-Goblin transformations. Just too corny and generic. Given that Hulk type characters are a dime a dozen in the MU now.

Ultimatum - Spidey was the least affected by the event, but it's soul crushing tentacles still left their mark.

Lastly, was it just me or was SHIELD even more incompetent than they normally are in 616? I mean, how many times did SHIELD lock Norman up in the exact same style room, only for him to break out in the exact same way? Hahaha

I'll be moving on to Miles' run in a few months from now. I just wish the trades were hard covers and not paperbacks. Oy.

Next thing I'll do is check out the main stories for Ult Reed. The Maker, from what little I've read of him, seems really sinister and cool. That merits more attention.

All-New Member

i am new to the marvel comic world and i have an question, do i read battleworld first and then secret wars, and after that ultimate end? can somebody help, thnx

I'd skip Ultimate End completely. It's trash.

You can get pretty nice reading order for Secret Wars here: https://www.comicbookherald.com/the-...ys-checklists/

But think you'd be fine with reading either off in full completely one before the other. Though, do keep in mind to keep following issues for the very end.

Old Man Logan #5
    Ultimate End #5
    A-Force #5
    Weirdworld #5
    Silver Surfer #15

All-New Member

Thnx for the reply, but 2hen you finish ultimate, where do you go from there