Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I wonder what comic reintroduces Captain America or have those plans bee postponed. Cataclysm ends with Storm picking the shield, Oliver Coipel drew a cover with her part of it, but Survive didn't end up showing who the new Cap was.

All-New Ultimates would be more ideal in my eyes, maybe after Fiffe's initial 12-issue arc we can see the team expand? Or will Spider-Man comic show it?

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Post-Death of Spider-man

Ultimates by Hickman (#1-12)
    Ultimates by Fialkov (#25-30)
    Ultimate X-Men by Wood (#13-32)
    Ultimate Spider-man… all of it
    Ultimate Iron Man
    Ultimate Wolverine
    Hunger
    I disagree.

Wood's run was good until "World War X". WW X (#29-33) was a confusing due to Jean's completely lack of motive apart from being bat **** crazy.

Furthermore only "Spider-Man No More" (#23-28) has the quality of being an "essential read" you could perhaps add the venom story (#19-22). Miles's introduction, the fight with scorpion & uncle and his part of DWF/UWS was so hit or miss that it is difficult to recommend anyone to buy it. His entire story is also plagued by the fact that Peter's supporting cast stays in the book and Miles' doesn't get the page time to develop. And then there is his villains the only unique Miles villains yet has been scorpion and his uncle, who is dead now.

That being said I have enjoyed reading about Miles, but for anyone who wishes to catch up then I don't think you need to prioritize anything before issue 19.
    Last edited by Rok; 05-01-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rok View Post
    I disagree.

Wood's run was good until "World War X". WW X (#29-33) was a confusing due to Jean's completely lack of motive apart from being bat **** crazy.

Furthermore only "Spider-Man No More" (#23-28) has the quality of being an "essential read" you could perhaps add the venom story (#19-22). Miles's introduction, the fight with scorpion & uncle and his part of DWF/UWS was so hit or miss that it is difficult to recommend anyone to buy it. His entire story is also plagued by the fact that Peter's supporting cast stays in the book and Miles' doesn't get the page time to develop. And then there is his villains the only unique Miles villains yet has been scorpion and his uncle, who is dead now.

That being said I have enjoyed reading about Miles, but for anyone who wishes to catch up then I don't think you need to prioritize anything before issue 19.
    If you're going to start with Venom Wars, then you need to read issue 16.1 first.

All-New Member

What a bummer , well let's imagine this as our own universe reboot
    I joyned the forums almost a month ago and my first thread was about asking some recomendations on pre and post ultimatum story arcs .Some one , I really don't remember who , gave a a rundown of all the major/good UXM story arcs (classified by author) , It was really interesting .So , if that guy is still around and reads this : Would you mind writing that list ... again?

Quote Originally Posted by InkaTorque View Post
    What a bummer , well let's imagine this as our own universe reboot
    I joyned the forums almost a month ago and my first thread was about asking some recomendations on pre and post ultimatum story arcs .Some one , I really don't remember who , gave a a rundown of all the major/good UXM story arcs (classified by author) , It was really interesting .So , if that guy is still around and reads this : Would you mind writing that list ... again?
    I tried figuring it out for you, but I'm pretty sure I was confusing you with someone else. Anyways you can still access the old forum, you just can't post in it.

http://oldforums.comicbookresources....ltimate-Marvel

I hope that helps you find your topic.
    Last edited by Grayson; 05-01-2014 at 06:50 PM.

All-New Member

Wow thanks , there is my topic.

All-New Member

Ultimate friends, are you there? I'm scared. What's happening. Plawsky. Drz. Wyokid.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrHorrible View Post
    Ultimate friends, are you there? I'm scared. What's happening. Plawsky. Drz. Wyokid.
    Well I'm not any of those, but I'm here. There WAS a thread where we were all talking, but it was closed down. All the chat threads in fact were merged into one...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Well I'm not any of those, but I'm here.
    Hello Crimson.

In case anybody was interested, and even if you weren't, I highly recommend clicking on the following link.
    http://oldforums.comicbookresources....the-beginning!

That was Plawsky's ongoing venture to review every Ultimate comic ever. It probably was one of the things that got me reading comics. Truly a gem when thinking about the old Ultimate threads, and it would be a shame to have it collect dust.

Hello Crimson.

In case anybody was interested, and even if you weren't, I highly recommend clicking on the following link.
    http://oldforums.comicbookresources....the-beginning!

That was Plawsky's ongoing venture to review every Ultimate comic ever. It probably was one of the things that got me reading comics. Truly a gem when thinking about the old Ultimate threads, and it would be a shame to have it collect dust.
    Hey, they made one chat thread for everyone to talk in. I don't know if the others will be there or not. And yeah, Plawsky's reviews need to be preserved.

All-New Member

Hey, they made one chat thread for everyone to talk in. I don't know if the others will be there or not. And yeah, Plawsky's reviews need to be preserved.
    Chat thread? I can't seem to find it. Link please?

Chat thread? I can't seem to find it. Link please?
    They want us to all be friends.

All-New Member

Ah. I see.

I'm going to miss the Ultimately Off-Topic Threads.

Ah. I see.

I'm going to miss the Ultimately Off-Topic Threads.
    So am I. This singular chat thread is Hell. Seriously, you add all the different groups together, you're gonna get chaos. There's I reason I stayed in the Off-Topic thread rather than X-Cres.

Hey guys, I'm Beaux! I had been reading the forums here for just a couple of days when the reboot happened, so I figured that now's as good a time as any to make an account. I'm still fairly new to comics (most of my experience comes from manga and Batman, along with some other random stories) but I've always wanted to get into Marvel. I had read the first two issues of Ultimate Spider-Man years ago and liked them, plus Spider-Man was always my favorite superhero as a kid, so I figured that I'd look up a good introduction to the Ultimate Universe and found Plawsky's thread on the old forums. I've been reading Ultimate Spider-Man and I've really enjoyed the first two arcs. I plan to continue on through the list, but I might start skipping some of the less essential comics as I go on. I think this sounds like a fun way to get into Marvel comics.