Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think Marvel's willing to up the ante on the violence, but I'm not so sure they'll want to get too controversial when it comes to analyzing the roots of society's problems. Sure NH willing to burn a pimp alive, but what's he going to do about all the women and children to live in poverty? He might beat up a corrupt judge, but what's he going to do about the all the aldermen who rubber stamp the mayor's policies that keep money flowing into his business partners and not into community services? There's a push to reform the weed laws here which lock up many black and brown men, is NW going to use his resources to support that? How's Kyle going to break "the blue wall of silence"?

I mean, they might touch on a couple of those issues, but I'll pleasantly surprised if they dig deep with a title that's set in the same universe as the FF etc. But I guess we'll see when the comic goes out.
    He won't be beating people up, mostly. He'll be killing them. So every racist cop better watch out, for a start. Then the aldermen, the mayor, his business partners... Nighthawk is supposedly going to be feared by criminals and police alike. And in his civillian guise he'll be pushing through social reforms and aid programs. And he has all of Chicago to play with. The Blue Wall will get torn down with blood. It should be hardcore!

At least, that's how I read the interviews about the book.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

The SS first issue move pretty quickly. I want to see if it gets better when the action slows. IT also seems like this is a thematic successor to Robinson's Invaders series.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    The SS first issue move pretty quickly. I want to see if it gets better when the action slows. IT also seems like this is a thematic successor to Robinson's Invaders series.
    Though I found the execution somewhat flawed, I actually did like the idea of an exposition-lite fast moving first issue in principal. I usually don't like issue 1's precisely because they're so bogged down with expositoin and talking heads. This started off with a band, which was kinda cool. Perhaps when things slow down, the pieces will come together a bit better. Fingers crossed because I really do want this franchise to take off.

BANNED

I'm looking forward to the Nighthawk solo book due to come out soon, and sincerely hope that David Walker brings his a-game to the table.

The Supreme Power stuff was incredible.

GOTDAMN!!! Reading the Nighthawk original miniseries online already up to issue 3 and I gotta say that I am LOVING the story and the Nighthawk character. The story is just dark, brutal and unapologetic!

This makes me even more excited for his upcoming new series. I have to say that I am a new fan of this character. Read the miniseries before you judge the character people.

Finally figured it out lol

Just one of many scenes that I loved from his appearances.

Just finished his miniseries and I LOVED IT!!! Again I am a new fan of this character.

But... Where is the argument that he is racist?? I hardly seen him being racist in the series other than having the pain of losing his parents. He also seemed to be on good terms with the mayor who is white. But also where is the argument that he is a psychopathic murderer??? He actually let some people live! Like the corrupt Judge and some others. I didn't see anything on the level of the Punisher...

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Just finished his miniseries and I LOVED IT!!! Again I am a new fan of this character.

But... Where is the argument that he is racist?? I hardly seen him being racist in the series other than having the pain of losing his parents. He also seemed to be on good terms with the mayor who is white. But also where is the argument that he is a psychopathic murderer??? He actually let some people live! Like the corrupt Judge and some others. I didn't see anything on the level of the Punisher...
    Speaking for myself at least, the psychopathic murderer part came from his attack on Atlantis. Destroying entire cities is well beyond anything Punisher would ever dream of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Speaking for myself at least, the psychopathic murderer part came from his attack on Atlantis. Destroying entire cities is well beyond anything Punisher would ever dream of doing.
    But no innocent people were killed. So it cant be "murderous".

when Nighthawk's ANAD series was announced there were people that made these claims and their wasn't much evidence outside of the woman he refused to help (I believe he chose to help a black woman instead), but since ANAD Squadron Supreme has debuted people conveniently point to the attack against Atlantis as reference.

Honestly I don't think the Squadron had the right to kill any of them, so frankly I'd argue the whole thing start to finish was "murderous."

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    when Nighthawk's ANAD series was announced there were people that made these claims and their wasn't much evidence outside of the woman he refused to help (I believe he chose to help a black woman instead), but since ANAD Squadron Supreme has debuted people conveniently point to the attack against Atlantis as reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I don't think the Squadron had the right to kill any of them, so frankly I'd argue the whole thing start to finish was "murderous."

I didn't include the Namor situation because that was a personal beef the SS had.

I didn't include the Namor situation because that was a personal beef the SS had.
    Yeah, but I'm just saying that's where I speciically labeled him a psychopathic murder. For that story in particular, since you bothered asking where it came from.

Attuma? who got killed for defending his home?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Attuma? who got killed for defending his home?
    Attuma is anything , but innocent. The woman and children we saw on panel? Sure. Attuma? Come on.