Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Justice League #47 Clarifies Why Diana's Lasso Was Able to Help Donna Troy

Scan courtesy of Bleeding Cool:

The lasso helps people for who they truly are. That's why when Diana threw the lasso around Donna after the male Amazons' massacre, Donna had that look of shock on her face. She realized that everything she was made to believe by Hecate and the old crone was a lie.

I think it's possible for Donna to be every bit the hero she was Pre-New 52 in light of this.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

I'll be honest; this doesn't explain anything, since it clearly seems to have no effect on Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I'll be honest; this doesn't explain anything, since it clearly seems to have no effect on Superman.

Did you read today's issue of Justice League?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Did you read today's issue of Justice League?
    Just because Lemmy is dead doesn't mean I've suddenly started to buy Johns' stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Just because Lemmy is dead doesn't mean I've suddenly started to buy Johns' stuff.

Well then, how would you know if the lasso helped Superman or not if you didn't read the issue?

Man, whatever. For all of the "Where are the details?" gripes about the previous run, I should get something out of another writer filling details in for Finch?

Whatever.

I liked that they gave the lasso this kind of power. It seems right for the Lasso of Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, whatever. For all of the "Where are the details?" gripes about the previous run, I should get something out of another writer filling details in for Finch?

Whatever.

I thought it was pretty clear what happened in Finch's story with Donna Troy. Johns simply put it in black & white for those who had any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I liked that they gave the lasso this kind of power. It seems right for the Lasso of Truth.

Me too! I think it suits the lasso(and Wonder Woman) quite well.

This isn't really anything new for the lasso though, right? It's dispelled lies and made o hers see the truth about themselves before.....

For the record, yes, it the lasso did restore Superman's mental bearings.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    This isn't really anything new for the lasso though, right? It's dispelled lies and made o hers see the truth about themselves before.....
    Yeah Pretty much what I think. Gail Simone and Joe Kelly used it to great effect I thought. The lasso seemed to be a weapon of immense power. Hopefully they are moving back to that.
    Richard Alexander

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Yeah Pretty much what I think. Gail Simone and Joe Kelly used it to great effect I thought. The lasso seemed to be a weapon of immense power. Hopefully they are moving back to that.
    While I seem to be one of the few who really liked (most of) Gail's run (the Genocide thing was just bad, I do have to admit) the one thing I absolutely loved was that Gail made the lasso a seriously powerful weapon. More than just compelling people to tell the truth, it was seriously powerful. I had hoped that when things rebooted that would have been one aspect they brought back or kept through. Sadly the lasso has been almost non-existant in the reboot. It's nice to see Johns' giving it some authority back.
    And has been the case since the Finchs' took over...Diana's better showing is in a book not bearing her name in the title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Well then, how would you know if the lasso helped Superman or not if you didn't read the issue?
    Because the bloated story still has no end in sight and Superman and the others are likely to remain godly till the end and he's unlikely to spend the remainder wrapped in the lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Whatever.
    Thats whats bothering me. Johns comes in 6 months after Finch's issue came out and gives an explanation, in a completely different book. It's like the UK governments apology to Alan Turing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    For the record, yes, it the lasso did restore Superman's mental bearings.
    Well, thats nice, but let me assume it didn't stay that way.

Nope, it stayed that way. He's still all inverted in appearance but his mental faculties were restored. But OMG the dip in the fire pits is killing him (as I've said countless times before, Johns is just out of ideas for Superman).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El