Default Wonder Woman #47: A New High For Diana

Wow, there's nothing that I like better than an issue of Wonder Woman in which Diana defeats one of her most iconic foes by doing... absolutely nothing.

In fact, if Diana had been absent from the entire issue, Cheetah would have faced exactly the same problem at the end after stealing the Eye of Antiope. No difference.

It's a lot like Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler's comment about Raiders of the Lost Ark: if Indiana Jones had skipped the adventure altogether, the Nazis would still have been melted by the Ark after they opened it. It's like he accomplished nothing. And similarly here.

Meanwhile, over in Superman/Wonder Woman #24, Diana has her big moment in the issue when, imprisoned, she draws on all her strength and power to... yell at a seriously weakened Superman, also imprisoned, to break out! "Power or no power... you're still Superman, Damn it!" And with her inspiration, he does! Good yelling, Diana!

Later he frees her. Not by yelling.

Sometimes I feel like DC has no idea what to do with Wonder Woman.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

I try to look at the positive but this has been the second arc in a row where she doesn't actually resolve the conflict. I hope they realize this and have her do things that matter next time.