Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team MunchKING

1 16.67%
  • Team Dalak

5 83.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I'm only a casual Magic player, so you two are talking about stuff way beyond my scope for the most part.

I think I'm leaning Dalak, but I'll wait a bit to see if Munch replies again.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Leaning slightly towards Dalak. Still undecided.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    I'm only a casual Magic player, so you two are talking about stuff way beyond my scope for the most part.

I think I'm leaning Dalak, but I'll wait a bit to see if Munch replies again.
    Yeah, "The Stack" is where any spell or ability goes when it's cast/activated/triggered/played. Some spells can be cast during another's turn, and only other Instants are capable of responding to Instants (Aka Counter-War). While that matters enough to judge how 'fast' casting certain spells are, my argument is that in the League things are a free for all with everyone acting at the same time so 'turns' aren't as quick as Munchy is arguing.

I also argue that Tom's taking away Flonne's ring and all the Ladies equipment on top of CHuck's TP wave is going to delay them at least long enough for clones to get active.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Yeah, "The Stack" is where any spell or ability goes when it's cast/activated/triggered/played. Some spells can be cast during another's turn, and only other Instants are capable of responding to Instants (Aka Counter-War). While that matters enough to judge how 'fast' casting certain spells are, my argument is that in the League things are a free for all with everyone acting at the same time so 'turns' aren't as quick as Munchy is arguing.
    I disagree with that, however, Munch's own character violates the turn system by casting all the spells at once making the Mindbreak Trap, work to completely counter all of that characters actions. Leaning Dalak.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

First off: What 3 on 1? Who's fast enough to help Flonne do something before there are 13 total of him? Especially when she's pissed off at Tom.
    NICHOL BOLAS fought a three on one, I explicitly said you were trying to stop 2 Planeswalkers and 3 lesser mages.

All Blue Spells is All Blue Spells, nothing says Tourney Legal. And if that were the case this card is legal for a Tourney according to Gatherer. There is a video for things like this.
    Whatever. Remind me to buy Aunt May next time I fight you and claim she's a Herald of Galactus because no where it says she isn't.

Oh, and use all the other herald's feats, As you do with the Magic.

I did miss that, luckily Cyclonic Rift (Another card directly linked in the Strat) could counter the made-up-gambit. Oh, your argument is that you can summon an army of one spell, but Chuck is limited in the number of Traps he can cast?
    I said that was IF we were going Unhinged "No real rules" style.

Fighter is on Bazil's back, who isn't slowing down. Where does that leave her time to talk to him?
    When she flies next to him.

It's not like Fighter OR Bazil ever speed blitzed anyone before.

Nah, not required, it's just more dramatic for the picture that way.

No, that's how the League works - We're not taking turns here as it's a Free For All.
    So the item is "Magic the Gathering, except when that is inconvenient"?

Feats to resist even close to Xavier level TP amped by Banshee and Gauntlet?
    Feats for Xavier hitting CLOSE to Universe busting? (OK, technically Galaxy Busting, but still...)
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

If you want to continue:

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    NICHOL BOLAS fought a three on one, I explicitly said you were trying to stop 2 Planeswalkers and 3 lesser mages.
    In a free-for-all environment like the League with clones backing him and the gauntlet empowering them, yes Strangefate can do it.

Whatever. Remind me to buy Aunt May next time I fight you and claim she's a Herald of Galactus because no where it says she isn't.

Oh, and use all the other herald's feats, As you do with the Magic.
    If you pay 11 for her, then by all means. Surfer is too strong for the league though.

I said that was IF we were going Unhinged "No real rules" style.
    When up against the MunchKING munchkining up 9999 spells for one, I munchkin as hard as I can.

When she flies next to him.

It's not like Fighter OR Bazil ever speed blitzed anyone before.
    Actually he and his unit did strike from ambush to kill quickly and quietly on several occasions, and now he actually has the speed to allow true blitzing so it's not like he had the chance to really do it before now.

Fighter is riding a flying golden sword-wielding sword-powered dragon who is also his best friend, your blitz argument is invalid. She'd be getting in the way of Stabby and Slashy getting into some Prismatic Dragon-guts if she was fast enough to do so.

Nah, not required, it's just more dramatic for the picture that way.
    That picture and "Target" is all we have to go off of, so I'm going to continue to assume I have to find and target foes with Target spells.

So the item is "Magic the Gathering, except when that is inconvenient"?
    Do RPG characters take turns in the league? Do MtG turns allow for battles between hordes of monsters? If the answer to either of these questions is Yes, your argument is invalid.

Feats for Xavier hitting CLOSE to Universe busting? (OK, technically Galaxy Busting, but still...)
    How can you bust galaxies or universes with TP in the first place? If I ask if Flonne has anti telepathy feats she either has them or doesn't, Busting doesn't apply. Mind-Pain isn't HP loss after all.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Do RPG characters take turns in the league? Do MtG turns allow for battles between hordes of monsters? If the answer to either of these questions is Yes, your argument is invalid.
    Wouldn't my argument (that you should follow the rules of the game you're buying powers from) be HELPED by a "yes" answer and invalidated by a No?

How can you bust galaxies or universes with TP in the first place? If I ask if Flonne has anti telepathy feats she either has them or doesn't, Busting doesn't apply. Mind-Pain isn't HP loss after all.
    OH, TP, I read that as TK. Sorry. That one I'll own up to bad reading.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!