Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default I dont think scott snyder writes batman well

I think he is a good writer but some things in his batman stories really trouble me
    like how he had batman brake harper's nose and how he had him hit dick so hard his tooth came out

also I dont think scott likes the batfamily he's always hurting alfred
    and when the rest of the family are around they fight all the time
    he doesn't even use robin in his stories
    I don't think he wants them to be a family at all
    and that thought worries me because I really like the batfamily

alfred said in the end game story that batman could have survived if he wanted to
    so in scott snyders story batman gave up and that makes me sad what do you guys think ?
    Last edited by hero talk; 12-31-2015 at 03:53 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hero talk View Post
    I think he is a good writer but some things in his batman stories really trouble me
    like how he had batman brake harper's nose and how he had him hit dick so hard his tooth came out

alfred said in the end game story that batman could have survived if he wanted to
    so in scott snyders story batman gave up and that makes me sad what do you guys think ?
    Snyder just loves the drama...he tries his best for every story to be a mind-bugling and epic as it can be, which isn't necessarly a bad thing, but i do agree that his Batman gets more beat up than he should.
    As for he doesn't wantting to write the Bat-family, that's just wrong, the majority of his arcs so far were about the family, Court Of owls (he called for help), Death Of the family, End Game, etc. He is also behind both Eternals which are basically Bat-family books.
    The only bat-family member that he doesn't write and its because he doesn't feel confortable in doing so, its Damian Wayne, and its because he reminds him of his sons, and he would never put them or want to see them in danger, he alreay said that the issue about Damian is that "he hits too close to home, for me" multiple times.
    Last edited by bat_girl_cc; 12-31-2015 at 04:42 AM.

This isn't anything new. The Batfamily have always had issues.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    Snyder just loves the drama...he tries his best for every story to be a mind-bugling and epic as it can be, which isn't necessarly a bad thing, but i do agree that his Batman gets more beat up than he should.
    As for he doesn't wantting to write the Bat-family, that's just wrong, the majority of his arcs so far were about the family, Court Of owls (he called for help), Death Of the family, End Game, etc. He is also behind both Eternals which are basically Bat-family books.
    The only bat-family member that he doesn't write and its because he doesn't feel confortable in doing so, its Damian Wayne, and its because he reminds him of his sons, and he would never put them or want to see them in danger, he alreay said that the issue about Damian is that "he hits too close to home, for me" multiple times.
    ok but he's suppose to be a writer not cps also he had batman break harper's nose and hit nightwing so hard his tooth came out
    I just dont think its right and we don't know how much writing he did on the eternal books
    Last edited by hero talk; 01-04-2016 at 06:40 AM.

Incredible Member

Batman punching a teenage girl through a fence and breaking her nose (in exchange for her saving his life) is definitely one of the low points of the entire DC Universe, and I'm surprised Snyder was never held accountable for it by this wonderful SJW-outrage culture we live in. Yeah, I don't think Snyder writes Batman well either, and I'm biding my time until someone worth a damn starts writing this series. I barely care who at this point, I just want Snyder gone.

Yeah, the Batman titles are about as uninteresting currently as they've been in my 25 years reading comics. The only time that was close to this was during the Shreck/Willingham/War Games era prior to Infinite Crisis.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

My main complaints with Snyder's Batman is that Bruce Wayne really hasn't existed until this current arc where he has amnesia and his Batman is dumb as a rock - I like all facets of the character, but for 5 years we have gotten the brute force Batman who has been outwitted by every major opponent he's faced

I love Snyder's Batman. I can totally see why people are growing tired of some of the Snyder-isms: very long story arcs, everything is presented as revolutionary and status-quo changing, emphasis on Joker, Gotham as a black mirror. His run on Batman reads much better in trade and I also wish he would have given us at least a little Batman and Robin in his book. But his aversion to Damian helped prop up Tomasi's epic with the character in Batman & Robin and probably is also somewhat responsible for Gleason getting the go ahead to do the wonderful Robin: Son of Batman. Pros and cons there.

Outside of Robin, he definitely hasn't shied away from the concept of the Batfamily. Sure, he "killed" the family in Death of the Family but at the same time he brought them back to life through Batman Eternal and Endgame. He's played with the concept of the family and what it means for Bruce and in that gave Dick, Jason, Tim, and Babs a ton of the spotlight. He added Harper (who I'm not a fan of but she is an addition) and seems to be on his way to adding Duke.

A lot of people seem either skeptical or completely unaccepting of Superheavy while I'm a major fan of it. So that alone may be a solid representation of my differing opinion with a lot of the members of this board. Yeah, Jim's a crappy Batman and that's kind of the point. He's an average (in comparison to Bruce) man hesitantly stepping into the boots of a monster. He's almost adequate but certainly never thriving. At the same time it's still very much a Bruce story as you see that even with a no-strings-attached shot at normalcy that life still manages to drag Bruce back toward his destiny. I think it's an ambitious story that was guaranteed to have naysayers but I predict will have a lot more fans with a few years of hindsight.

I suppose Snyder's Batman is not for everyone as much as any comic/writer is not for everyone. But I've been having a hell of a time following his run and it'll be a sad day for me when he and Capullo step down from the book.

BANNED

ok but he's suppose to be a writer not cps also he had batman break harper's nose and hit nightwing so hard his tooth came out
    does that really sound like he has the best interest of the batfamily in mind and we don't know how much writing he did on the eternal books
    Unless its editorial mandated I feel no writer should be pressured to write a character they have personal limits about. If they can, cool, if not, cool. Artists have valid breaking points in comfort like everybody else.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Snyder's a decent enough writer I think but these two Snyder-isms (overly long story arcs, and every story being a game-changer) are what lead me to eventually drop the book after Endgame. I don't mind long story arcs or stories that are game changers but not every story needs to be either of those and the fact that pretty much all we've gotten from Snyder from Sept. 2011 has been is a bit problematic to me anyway. At the time I dropped Batman I found myself bored with the epic-ness of it all instead of excited as I had been early on.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-02-2016 at 02:35 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Snyder's a decent enough writer I think but these two Snyder-isms (overly long story arcs, and every story being a game-changer) are what lead me to eventually drop the book after Endgame. I don't mind long story arcs or stories that are game changers but not every story needs to be either of those and the fact that pretty much all we've gotten from Snyder from Sept. 2011 has been is a bit problematic to me anyway. At the time I dropped Batman I found myself bored with the epic-ness of it all instead of excited as I had been early on.
    That's my feeling as well, I like him as a writer but his over use of the epic is a huge turn off for me. I've combated that with periodically checking out if the story did wow me.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's my feeling as well, I like him as a writer but his over use of the epic is a huge turn off for me. I've combated that with periodically checking out if the story did wow me.
    I've moved to trade waiting on it to combat that feeling myself though it will likely still be a long while before I read Superheavy.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

I think snyder is a really nice person and some of his stories are good but some of them trouble me like death of the family the end of end game
    and the one where batman hurt harper batman eternal was good though btw what does superheavy mean

I think snyder is a really nice person and some of his stories are good but some of them trouble me like death of the family the end of end game
    and the one where batman hurt harper batman eternal was good though btw what does superheavy mean
    It's the title of the current story, or the Jim Gordon as RoboBat saga.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    It's the title of the current story, or the Jim Gordon as RoboBat saga.
    oh really I didn't see that on any of the jim bat books also wouldn't robobat saga have been a better title
    and jim as batman yuck its Not troubling but it is not to my taste