Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Do you think Batman could take on everyone in the DC universe?

Remember the 'Deadpool kills the Marvel Unverse' and 'Punisher kills the Marvel Universe' titles? Imagine DC created 'Batman kills the DC Universe'. If Batman were to go rogue, would he be able to kill/defeat everyone?

He had plans to take on the league. Imagine him having plans to take on EVERYONE including Darkseid and magic users.
    Last edited by DCCoolness; 12-31-2015 at 06:33 AM.

Nope, he couldn't because he has a contengency plan against himself in place. His sons would have to go rogue with him or they would be able to take him on by working together. Something happened to those four and the rest of the universe is screwed though.

That is what Tower of Babel was essentially and DC DOES NOT need another story about Batman taking down other heroes or Superman dying/going evil. I would rather stories showing how impactful they can be working together like a Secret Wars where the Universe is saved and all the heroes come together to save what is left on one planet or reality. I think Crisis on Infinite Futures was similar but borrowed too many Dark themes.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    That is what Tower of Babel was essentially and DC DOES NOT need another story about Batman taking down other heroes or Superman dying/going evil. I would rather stories showing how impactful they can be working together like a Secret Wars where the Universe is saved and all the heroes come together to save what is left on one planet or reality. I think Crisis on Infinite Futures was similar but borrowed too many Dark themes.
    Agreed. Tired of heroes vs. heroes. And Batman is a hero.

That being said, the only impossible part of Batman becoming a global menace is that his character and personality would never allow it.

DC would make a Harley Quinn kills the DC universe before they did that with Batman
    Endgame was basically the Batman defeats the JL story

BANNED

If he went rogue, then the rest of the League wouldn't be holding back or be the ones who'd gone insane/mind-controlled to explain why they forget how their powers work and Supes/Flash/GL/WW, well, tbh fucking anyone with powers would splat him in a couple seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    If he went rogue, then the rest of the League wouldn't be holding back or be the ones who'd gone insane/mind-controlled to explain why they forget how their powers work and Supes/Flash/GL/WW, well, tbh fucking anyone with powers would splat him in a couple seconds.
    Second that - for me it was amusing to see "Batman v Superman" when the latter can theoretically fly up and incinerate someone from the stratosphere -

[QUOTE=LoneNecromancer;1696121]If he went rogue, then the rest of the League wouldn't be holding back or be the ones who'd gone insane/mind

^Very true, Tower of Babel was a sneak attack that was altered by Ras who is one of the few people with equal resources if not considerably more than Batman. An evil Batman would have fair better than Maxwell lord and Lex Luthor but would quickly get smacked down by anyone.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman would apprehend him in about 4 minutes.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    That is what Tower of Babel was essentially and DC DOES NOT need another story about Batman taking down other heroes or Superman dying/going evil.
    I thought, really, the point of Tower of Babel was that those plans were altered by Ra's. That Batman wouldn't actually do most of that. And, even then, having the more hardcore versions done, the JLA won anyway. They got knocked down. They didn't stay down. Not even for six issues.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I thought, really, the point of Tower of Babel was that those plans were altered by Ra's. That Batman wouldn't actually do most of that. And, even then, having the more hardcore versions done, the JLA won anyway. They got knocked down. They didn't stay down. Not even for six issues.
    Yeah it was altered by Ras, I was really speaking to both Tower of Babel and Brother Eye.

BANNED

Like it or not. Heroes at odds with one another is a common trope, it's nothing new. But I would not be interested in a rogue Batman that took on the Justice League or the DCU, because every character will nerfed in order to make Batman look good. Endgame is a perfect example.

I seem to remember in Johns' Justice League that even Batman couldn't devise a contingency plan to deal with Wonder Woman. Or am I imagining that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I seem to remember in Johns' Justice League that even Batman couldn't devise a contingency plan to deal with Wonder Woman. Or am I imagining that?
    Well that was Johns
    Hardly the authority on Batman
    Snyder retconned a lot of what Johns presented in Forever Evil

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Any superhero - really any character - can take down any character, if the writers want it that way.

That said, Batman was so in denial when he first met Zatanna (disguised as an old crone, and before retcons that make them old acquaintances), he was so in denial over magic he justified her as a genetic aberration who can fly, cause energy surges, and transform matter through the medium of dead wood - but that is not magic!

He been befuddled by his butler, the mentally incompetent, and blatant murderers wearing low-cut tops. He has his blind spots.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)