Default Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin #1 (Spoilers, obv!)

Did anybody else pick this up yesterday? I realize that there was some shipping weirdness with Diamond accidentally shipping the book and then shops being told not to sell it. Mine either ignored the embargo or didn't get the message, so I got my copy.

I did think it was a little weak, since this is Marvel's first opportunity to tackle the untouched years between Episodes I and II (they've hit some of the II-III period in Kanan). We didn't get to see much, although there's limits on what you can do in 22 issues of story. I hope future issues give us a little more insight into what happened in that decade.

I have more thoughts over here if anyone's interested.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

It was done and shipped...but they decided not to sell it? Is this on Mavel or Diamond? Either way, the delays are becoming very habitual with Marvel and it sucks.
    Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 12-31-2015 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    So it actually shipped...but it was delayed? You know. I've defended Marvel at every turn by these delays are killing comics for me. The Secret Wars delays + all the Uncanny X-Men delays have essentially taken me out of the superhero game because I've lost interest. Good thing they I can't lose interest in Star Wars, although delaying C-3PO three months hurt. Oh well, looking forward to this one.
    No, what happened was that the book was supposed to ship next week, January 6. Diamond somehow ended shipping it and several other books out this week. Marvel then asked retailers not to put the books out until next week. Some stores kept to that and others didn't.

I'm not sure what the concern with the delay is, as I'm not sure that any of the books had any shock revelations about anything. (Spider-Man 2099 made a brief, vague reference to the ending of Secret Wars, but nothing that made me feel like the ending was ruined.)