Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    BANNED

Of course Emma is going to help repress them. Emma is all about deceit, backstabbing, fake, faker breasts and name dropping brands to no one who cares. She doesn't know crap about being honest.

ZNOP, Iceman's dad can be a good guy and nice and still be homophobic and or racist. He has prejudices. Anyway, he could have wanted the very best for his son and still repressed him precisely for that reason. Of course this is the sort of conversation more people NEED to have but can't really have in public thanks to the perverse effect of the PC police dragging us straight back to Victorian Era censorship in the name of "sensitivity".
    Last edited by DDD; 01-10-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    ZNOP, Iceman's dad can be a good guy and nice and still be homophobic and or racist. He has prejudices. Anyway, he could have wanted the very best for his son and still repressed him precisely for that reason. Of course this is the sort of conversation more people NEED to have but can't really have in public thanks to the perverse effect of the PC police dragging us straight back to Victorian Era censorship in the name of "sensitivity".
    Since we're talking about this in public, I'm not sure how can argue there's censorship ongoing.

In the particular case of Bobby and his father, we see that even though the two love each other and protect each other, the father's disapproval of the son's life choices makes a close relationship impossible. The last we saw of the two, things had fallen completely apart, what with the father's abandonment of any interest in fixing the relationship and the son's triggering of a heart attack in the father.

There's no reason why someone can't be a generally decent guy while still being bigoted. That's usually how it happens, actually.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RandyMcDonald View Post
    Since we're talking about this in public, I'm not sure how can argue there's censorship ongoing.

In the particular case of Bobby and his father, we see that even though the two love each other and protect each other, the father's disapproval of the son's life choices makes a close relationship impossible. The last we saw of the two, things had fallen completely apart, what with the father's abandonment of any interest in fixing the relationship and the son's triggering of a heart attack in the father.

There's no reason why someone can't be a generally decent guy while still being bigoted. That's usually how it happens, actually.
    Please, define life choices...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Please, define life choices...
    They're defined, multiple times, in the comics themselves: Bobby is a mutant who, rather than behaving like a normal person, is a high-profile superhero. That he dates the wrong sorts of people is an added source of frustration.

This is the case, except when it isn't.
    Who determines that, who determines what I mean when I talk, IMHO that would be me but to be fair I laughed at the comment so thanks for the chuckle.

That isn't quite how it works.
    Are you telling me that respect isn’t a thing anymore that people are allowed to walk up to their friends take them aside and tell them their sexual orientation regardless of the possible effect that it could have. I am like Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs I got rules one of them is simple your life, your choice let no one tell you different. Good words to live by in my opinion.

Jeen is jealous of Magik?
    Thank you so because Jeen from what I have read and you have said is a selfish jealous arrogant confused young girl and people are applauding her and arguing with me when I call her on it because she was the cause of the gay community getting a a lister that represents them, that seems to be what you are telling me. It also seems that you feel that any execution will do just so long as it’s done.

The story doesn't have to fit with your experience to be plausible. It just needs to fit with somebody's.
    Thank you for putting words in my mouth, I didn’t say the story wasn’t plausible, I recall saying imo that it was offensive, bad and an insult its still plausible I just would be pissed if it happened to anyone I cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    In real life when people know what's up just because they tell you don't want to talk about something does not mean that they will stop the confrontation.
    True I never said it’s what would happened I just said usually when I say those things its meant to be a signal that I don’t want to talk about it and not the other person but if the person cared as much as Jeen is supposedly meant to then she would respect it and drop it. To me it sends a signal that she doesn’t.

A wife who suspects her husband is cheating on her with another man won't just shut up because her husband doesn't want to talk about it.
    Yeah because it impacts her, wither Bobby is out that day or the next week the impact to Jeen is the same plus for me it would paint her in a much better light and bobby’s outing would be about Bobby not Jeen’s jealousy and confusion.

An employer who has issues with employee performance won't just shut up about it either.
    Because that’s their job, they hired you and you agree to consent to them managing your performance plus in my experience generally my managers do actually ask am I free for a minute to talk, I even remember asking for a minute.
    Jean and Bobby are more than friends. As teammates they are coworkers, and if one of them is not doing well that needs to be dealt with for the safety of the team.
    In my experience only if it impacts the team’s performance I could be wrong doubt I am though but they had just helped save the universe so I doubt there were any issues with the team’s performance.

Some of you are mixing your own personal issues into the story. Like you're afraid of getting busted for something, and you're getting all hysterical on a teenage girl telling her friend that she knows about his sexuality and that she is there for him.
    A few things
    1)I’m not mixing personal anything I’m stating how I see things I’m pretty sure I have said imo or to me or imho in some form or another about 20 times.
    2) Jeen didn’t say she knows about his sexuality she told him and as I saw it browbeated him into acceptance out of her own confusion and jealous. She could have quite simple said you don’t need to hide Bobby I’m hear if you want to talk so he decides not her, it will now go down that Jeen chosen the time and the place that Ribert Drake was outed.
    3) Couldn’t she have just said that she was there for him did she need to mention the words you’re gay alot. To me she comes across as arrogant, selfish, self-centered and really unlikable. It was Bobby’s life his choice to and Jeen took that from him.

Notice Bobby and Jean became CLOSER friends because of this.
    Personally with friends like Jean you don’t need enemies and Bobby has plenty of enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I don't understand the hate for Jeen. She's been a breath of fresh air since her inception. For one she has no filter when it comes to other people's BS
    There is a time and place for discussions but there are also some discussions you should never have Jeen doesn’t have that filter either.
    and also is very pro-gay.
    Great reason to love a character because there are pro-gay, sorry if a character is a pro-gay selfish ***** I’m not going to like her why because she is a ***** being pro-gay doesn’t change that.

Not to mention she is very accepting and loving to all. Easily the best one from the 05, one of Bendis' best characterizations and one of Emma's best students.
    Ok I don’t agree.
    Are you trying insinuate that Jean's ethical and moral use of her telepathic/telekinetic abilities are due to Emma Frost's mentorial influence?
    That would explain a lot.
    There is a white Storm. Her name is Crystal and she is a member of the Inhumans. But she has a similar enough power set.
    No it’s really not Storm uses Atmokinesis which is basically weather manipulation
    Where Crystal is an Elementalist and uses
    Aerokinesis – air manipulation
    GeoKinesis – bedrock manipulation (includings earth, iron, granite, shale, limestone etc)
    Hydrokinesis – Water manipulation (this also includings Cryokinesis )
    Pryokinesis
    Atomic Manipulation

In terms of characters being gone or changed, that is because they had ran out of ideas for those characters.
    Did they so why do they always go back to the main status quo why was Peter brought back or why did Steve take back the shield or why resurrect Thor.

Rodgers IS an OLD MAN and is not a god, eternal, or immortal mutant. They made him as old as he really is and now he's around in an advisory role. Where he should have been.
    No its where you think he should be I’m still of a mind that he should take the shield back and get the S.S

As noted that does not mean that there are no prominent white men around. Magneto and Tyke lead their teams, Human Torch is earth's ambassador to the Inhumans, Blackbolt is still a member of the royal family but not king, etc.
    Don’t think anyone said that

It means they diversified the heroes in major roles and yes some characters HAD to be PUSHED aside for this to happen. Marvel's original Illiminati was all WHITE MALES as the leaders of all Hero factions, including the Inhumans and mutants were MALE. The fact that Marvel considered all major players at that time to be white males tells you a lot right there. There was no way to have change without pushing some of those guys out of their places.
    No not quite true Black Panther was offered a seat at that first Illiminati and refused but obviously he was considered a major player and tbh there weren’t really leaders, I wouldn’t have thought back then that Tony lead the avengers for me that was Cap for me it’s always been Cap or Cap doing it feels the most natural to me. Plus even back then you had female leaders Wasp in the avengers is one that springs to mind and guess what no one was pushed aside so she could achieve it, that’s all we are asking make it feel as organic as Wasp and Scarlett Witch leading the avengers. Note back in the 90s Wanda tried to step down and let Steve take over guess what he refused.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    If Iceman's entourage was homophobic and she outed him to others. If she outed a colleague and risked his job or if she outed him to his daddy to watch him have a heart attack >, that would be irresponsible and dumb. But that's not what happened. She made him accept himself. She is a wonderful person.
    Thank DDD you have made my point she made him accept himself please explain why because of her confusion and/or jealous she has the right to make him do anything and still be claimed that she is a wonderful person.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

They're defined, multiple times, in the comics themselves: Bobby is a mutant who, rather than behaving like a normal person, is a high-profile superhero. That he dates the wrong sorts of people is an added source of frustration.
    Am I missing something here? last I checked Bobby has only dated female people.

BANNED

Am I missing something here? last I checked Bobby has only dated female people.
    Maybe he meant asians and jews?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Maybe he meant asians and jews?

Hmm? Perhaps...