Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    Under Bendis (the incarnation most recent in mind) she was less an X-man hating lunatic and just bent on loveless pragmatist bent on amassing wealth. Her appearances in WATXM VOL1 AND UXF VOL 1, does less itself to the Xmen hating lunacy you described but I feel like those incarnations are removed enough from the current mythos atm. Although I do believe they should be addressed in this series.
    I will concede a little different. Mainly though still mostly a X-man hating lunatic. With little character development really. I found the movie version had more character development than the comic version. The writers did not do any favors to the character either. Sleeping and getting pregnant with Prof X. Working for a bunch of whiny rich brats who fielded Sentinels even though her own son was killed by one saving Hope. A chance to save the universe at the end of Wolverines. Instead it was "Waahh I'm no getting my way let the universe end". Their a reason fans of the character like myself are and remain pessimastic when it comes to Mystique character development. The Wolverines series was a decent step in the right direction. Only to have the last issue ruin it. Until some of us see actually character development. Without in the end portraying the character as a mustache twirling villains. While making other characters look like idiots. We have little to no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I don't think Cullen will do that too Mags.
    I hope your right. Except if the ending of the Wolverines series proves anything. Not only will Mystique be written as catching everyone by surprise. The rest of the characters will be portrayed as idiots. Mags will not be the exception if that happens again. As the current crop of Marvel writers refuse to understand that pushing a favored character at the expense of other characters and the story. Is not good writing imo.
    Last edited by sureshot; 01-02-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Can't really argue with that, she is very far removed from the original I kill mutant killers persona she had back around DOFP. However I do remember Cullen being asked about Mystique haven't been written all over the place seemingly aimless and he said it was something he was going to address. So I'll try and remain optimistic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    Can't really argue with that, she is very far removed from the original I kill mutant killers persona she had back around DOFP. However I do remember Cullen being asked about Mystique haven't been written all over the place seemingly aimless and he said it was something he was going to address. So I'll try and remain optimistic about it.
    A part of me is optimistic. They did write a decent Mystique in Wolverines. Only to throw it all away in the final issue. They do it too often with the character imo. So one gets jaded after awhile.

Love the first appearance of the villains' issues and dates in the line up art.

Mr Jip

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I have hope very little hope. Yet who knows maybe Bunn can write a good Mystique. Or at the very least give us a plausiable reason for her being on the the team. Beyond my theory of it being only because of the upcoming movie. My main issue is that they plan to turn Sabertooth into a villain again. Which is fine. Then have him and Mystique join forces. While writing the rest of the group as idiots not expecting such a ambush. It's not so much a evil Mystique so much as writers making other characters look like idiots to do so.

Which is all good except post Messiah Complex Mystique has been written one way. A psycho, sociopathic nutjob with a 24/7 anti-X-men obsession and nothing else. Once, twice three times after awhile it gets more stale than a loaf bread left out in the sun for a month. Made worse that no one and I mean no expects the betrayal. Or at least the rest of the characters she is with. Are written like complete idiots. At this point she is not even remotely close to anti-hero status imo. Possibly in her solo series. Now just a complete lunatic. Nuttier than a peanut butter factory at full production.

LOL yeah Raven was completely Gone Girl for years.
    She cruelly toyed with Logan whilst attempting to murder him, drugged Dazzler & impersonated her as a SHIELD agent, all the while controlling a whole criminal empire in Madripoor.
    Woman can multitask but no redemption there please.

This new Uncanny team is badass though.
    The only 'real' X-Men on the team are two bitchy telepaths who have no qualms opening up cans of whoop. M & Psylocke must be totally on their guards on this team of (do they count as serial?) killers. I doubt they'll put any real "trust" in Mystique (or Mags or Sabretooth, or Fantomex for the matter). I don't think Mystique could blindside the ladies, even with her mercurial mind & evil genius intellect. And I wish Psylocke remembers that Sabretooth had once gutted her & left her for dead before.

I just hope Monet & Bets aren't written as stupid girls.
    In fact, I want to see Mystique & Sabretooth think they're playing everyone, and then at a dramatic last minute, M breaks both their legs & minds while Psylocke looks on nonchalantly, saying something terribly trenchant in posh English.

That's the thing though. The Wolverines knew who and what Mystique was capable off. Yet in the final issue written as a collective bunch of idiots for Mystique to easily defeat. So until we see a issue where Mystique is easily defeated. Or at the very least her eventual ambush is causal and easily countered by the rest of the group. I'm once again expecting everyone else to be portrayed as idiots. At this point there no way for Mystique to really pull off another beleviable plot let alone ambush imo. I hope I'm wrong but I remain cynical. I still think Mystique was thrown in as a character because of the upcoming movie. I don't think Bunn will come up with a realistic let alone beleivable reason for Mystique joining the team. Someone higher placed than Bunn said "put her in the comic because of the movie even if it makes no sense". To capitalize on the movie and Mystique appearence in it.

No one is asking for redemption for Mystique. Just more than a insane nutjob with a anti-X-men obsession. At the very least make the character a darker anti-hero possibly. Redemption as much as I enjoyed Mystique in her solo series where she tried to get redemption. That ship has not only sailed. It sailed into space at warp speed.

I was subscribed to this book as soon as Bunn was announced as writer. His Magneto book was great and his writing made it excellent. Now the preview has pretty much confirmed that this'll be a big hit!
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

After AvX I have not been into xmen as much. I liked and followed all new x factor until i heard it was going to be cancelled. Wasn't into Bendis runs either. Im not sure where he was going and went with Cyclops and I'm glad Cyclops is not this. He needs a break. This team looks pretty cool, also I hear ark angel is Goin to be into it. Greg Land art is actually pretty good here. I like what I'm seeing and hope everything goes well.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 01-03-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jip View Post
    LOL yeah Raven was completely Gone Girl for years.
    She cruelly toyed with Logan whilst attempting to murder him, drugged Dazzler & impersonated her as a SHIELD agent, all the while controlling a whole criminal empire in Madripoor.
    Woman can multitask but no redemption there please.

This new Uncanny team is badass though.
    The only 'real' X-Men on the team are two bitchy telepaths who have no qualms opening up cans of whoop. M & Psylocke must be totally on their guards on this team of (do they count as serial?) killers. I doubt they'll put any real "trust" in Mystique (or Mags or Sabretooth, or Fantomex for the matter). I don't think Mystique could blindside the ladies, even with her mercurial mind & evil genius intellect. And I wish Psylocke remembers that Sabretooth had once gutted her & left her for dead before.

I just hope Monet & Bets aren't written as stupid girls.
    In fact, I want to see Mystique & Sabretooth think they're playing everyone, and then at a dramatic last minute, M breaks both their legs & minds while Psylocke looks on nonchalantly, saying something terribly trenchant in posh English.
    So why does this team need two telepaths?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I don't know if they changed it but Monet was a mediocre telepath but a pretty powerful brick

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wouldn't mind multiple telepaths if somebody actually worked on distinguishing them based on skill and raw power. Monet's always been lackluster when it comes to pure tp so why not make hers some sort of predictive combat mind reading instead of continuing with these poor references to her lacking power.

Good point about the telepaths. I do like Proto suggestion though. If one members tp is less stronger than another. Do something different imo. It amkes lttle sense for Monet to keep using her tp if she is not good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    Love the first appearance of the villains' issues and dates in the line up art.
    I was wondering if they had any signifigance. I didn't even think of their first appearences. I was thinking future appearences for the initialism. Good job!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    That's the thing though. The Wolverines knew who and what Mystique was capable off. Yet in the final issue written as a collective bunch of idiots for Mystique to easily defeat. So until we see a issue where Mystique is easily defeated. Or at the very least her eventual ambush is causal and easily countered by the rest of the group. I'm once again expecting everyone else to be portrayed as idiots. At this point there no way for Mystique to really pull off another beleviable plot let alone ambush imo. I hope I'm wrong but I remain cynical. I still think Mystique was thrown in as a character because of the upcoming movie. I don't think Bunn will come up with a realistic let alone beleivable reason for Mystique joining the team. Someone higher placed than Bunn said "put her in the comic because of the movie even if it makes no sense". To capitalize on the movie and Mystique appearence in it.

No one is asking for redemption for Mystique. Just more than a insane nutjob with a anti-X-men obsession. At the very least make the character a darker anti-hero possibly. Redemption as much as I enjoyed Mystique in her solo series where she tried to get redemption. That ship has not only sailed. It sailed into space at warp speed.
    I may not come up with a believable reason for Mystique to join the team. You're right. I might, though. We'll see. Regardless, taking her from where she is to where she could be will not be an easy (or instantaneously traveled) road.

And no one force Mystique down my throat. She was my choice.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post
    I was subscribed to this book as soon as Bunn was announced as writer. His Magneto book was great and his writing made it excellent. Now the preview has pretty much confirmed that this'll be a big hit!
    I hope you're right!