Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    After AvX I have not been into xmen as much. I liked and followed all new x factor until i heard it was going to be cancelled. Wasn't into Bendis runs either. Im not sure where he was going and went with Cyclops and I'm glad Cyclops is not this. He needs a break. This team looks pretty cool, also I hear ark angel is Goin to be into it. Greg Land art is actually pretty good here. I like what I'm seeing and hope everything goes well.
    Archangel has a big, interesting role to play... starting from issue 1... and then in an even bigger way in the second arc!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I wouldn't mind multiple telepaths if somebody actually worked on distinguishing them based on skill and raw power. Monet's always been lackluster when it comes to pure tp so why not make hers some sort of predictive combat mind reading instead of continuing with these poor references to her lacking power.
    Monet's telepathy is pretty low-key. I don;t think she and Psylocke compare in almost any way.

But there may come a day when there ARE two POWERFUL telepaths on the team... and I'm okay with that.

Weren't Emma and Jean on the same team once or twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    Monet's telepathy is pretty low-key. I don;t think she and Psylocke compare in almost any way.

But there may come a day when there ARE two POWERFUL telepaths on the team... and I'm okay with that.

The last incarnation of X-Men had Psylocke, Rachel, and Monet on the team at the same time. There wasn't a lot of overlap with regard to how each used her psionic abilities, iirc.

This is the X-Men book I've most been excited for... actually, probably the only title, haha. Bunn is one of my favorite Marvel writers right now.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

the best X title!! Super excited!! Psylocke <3
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

They were! Along with Xavier and not to mention like 7 other background telepaths and there was hardly overlap at all. Characters aren't powers after all. Glad that doesn't stop your choices.

BUT THANK YOU FOR TOYING WITH MY HOPEFUL EMMA FAN HEART.

My weak heart can't take this toying. If this is an Emma hint I'm going to be distraught for the entire day.

Fantastic Member

My weak heart can't take this toying. If this is an Emma hint I'm going to be distraught for the entire day.
    I would not take it as an Emma hint.

Your heart can rest.

Like I said, I plan for the long haul.

Betsy and Emma on the same team could be gold. They would be so snarky to each other..... Remember when Psylocke first came back and saw Emma. Delicious....
    Last edited by Psy; 01-04-2016 at 10:59 AM.

And no one force Mystique down my throat. She was my choice.
    Writers never get credit (Fantomex!) for picking their own characters, do they?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Writers never get credit (Fantomex!) for picking their own characters, do they?
    Eh... it happens. Sometimes characters are the suggestion of editorial. In this case, it's all on me.

OMG i thought Emma and Betsy at first

But he dashed my dreams away

That would have been awesome to see

BUT now I remember him liking Rachel and Nate. And either liking one or both a lot. Meh hopefully Rachel.

I'm not sure that Cable is currently a telepath anymore. Since coming back in Uncanny Avengers with his cybernetics and powers intact, he's thus far only shown his telekinesis. Furthermore in interviews Gerry Duggan has only referenced his TK and precognition abilities when talking about Nathan's powers. He hasn't said anything about telepathy. My guess is that he doesn't have it because if he did, Synapse would be even more useless than she already is on that team.

So, in addition to it being unlikely for Cable to be doing double duty between the Uncanny Avengers and Uncanny X-men, I also think he's probably not the other telepath that Mr. Bunn was hinting at because I don't think he's currently a telepath. I could be wrong, though. It's happened once or twice...

Regardless, I hope there's some follow up to the previous X-Force run. Where Fantomex went insane and became a villain, and Psylocke was shagging Cable's clones on the reg. Would be fun to have Nathan guest-star for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm not sure that Cable is currently a telepath anymore. Since coming back in Uncanny Avengers with his cybernetics and powers intact, he's thus far only shown his telekinesis. Furthermore in interviews Gerry Duggan has only referenced his TK and precognition abilities when talking about Nathan's powers. He hasn't said anything about telepathy. My guess is that he doesn't have it because if he did, Synapse would be even more useless than she already is on that team.

So, in addition to it being unlikely for Cable to be doing double duty between the Uncanny Avengers and Uncanny X-men, I also think he's probably not the other telepath that Mr. Bunn was hinting at because I don't think he's currently a telepath. I could be wrong, though. It's happened once or twice...
    Yeah and considering the last time we saw Nate he was practically depowered, I'd lean more towards Rachel joining the team reluctantly. Imagine them asking her to take up her hound role to track down a mutant.