Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Read the first trade of Garth Ennis' The Demon last night. Ten issues, taking me up to 94.

Really enjoyed this book. I think John McCrea brings out the best in Garth. Shame volume 2 of this isn't out until August or so.

BANNED

JSA vol. 1 #60: I enjoyed Pieter & Holt's convo about religion. This is coming from someone who isn't religious at all.

Astonishing Ant-Man #4

Ninjak #11

Legend of WW #10

Hercules #3

Total: 81

Fantastic Member

Uncanny Inhumans 3-4 (2): the arc ends here. i liked it, i loved the art (especially those silent (duh) close-ups of Black Bolt. and Medusa's hair! and Triton!), the but i could feel my interest is kinda faltering along the way. i probably should only read certain Marvel stuff when it gets collected in trades (and passes the test of time or something).

Doctor Who The Eighth Doctor #2-3 (2): i'm sticking with it to the end. the artwork is... okay except, well, the Doctor looks too young, and some of his facial expressions and poses are... weird.

Spike: After the Fall #1-4 (4): i have no idea why i read it after the main After the Fall arc. Lynch & Urru, love the combo. now i have to continue going backwards and read Asylum and Shadow Puppets.
    Spike: Into the Light (1): the art is good, the the writing not so much, the plot is meh. it's set, and i quote, near the beginning of season 7 but i can't really place it, maybe i don't remember the season so well. also, even though written by James Marsters, it just doesn't sound exactly the Spike i know, with or without soul. wouldn't really recommend it and probably shouldn't have read it myself but what the hell, it's just 72 pages. and i quite enjoyed seeing Spike whacked and chased by a broom-wielding old Chinese lady. three times. and the line "i need a witch, i need a nerd, i need a librarian"
    Spike: Asylum #1-5 (5): now, that's the Spike i know. and Lorne. spot-on voices.
    Spike: Shadow Puppets #1-4 (4): follows Asylum and is as good. so much fun.

I Hate Fairyland #4: Skottie Young and Jean-Francois Beaulieu keep delivering all the gutter-mouthed *strike that* fluffy plush fun and insanity in brilliant strokes and colors. and the blue caterpillar. i don't know how anyone can not love this.

Silver Surfer by Slott and Allred #1: i'm not familiar with the previous volume of the series and my knowledge of the character as such is limited to the few issues i read in the Infinity Gauntlet omnibus, so i apologize to the fans in advance, but this strongly reminded me of Doctor Who - an adventure-seeking alien traveling with a human companion who sort of stands in for the reader, to whom the reader can relate? Allred is Allred, i think his art fits here perfectly but it's a taste i personally never acquired. story-wise i'm rather uninterested and might drop it after the next issue.

Postal #9: Bryan Hill wrote this without Hawkins but it seems the reader is in good hands. the dark secrets of the little Midwest town of Eden still keep me on the edge of my seat this issue is more or less quiet, that is until the new kid in town goes for a walk, cheerfully singing Sarah McLachlan's "Possession". i will probably reread it all when the series is complete, because monthly reading makes it a bit hard for me to keep in mind all the plot threads.

total: 100
    Last edited by zaboraviti; 01-22-2016 at 04:21 AM.

^^^^^^
    That DW aer looks nothing like McGann. Rather a teenage Collin Baker.
    Silver surfer is basically Slott's Doctor Who, he is a massive fan, constantly making references in everything he writes. I'm just waiting for an ohc release but it would be instant buy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ^^^^^^
    That DW aer looks nothing like McGann. Rather a teenage Collin Baker.
    Silver surfer is basically Slott's Doctor Who, he is a massive fan, constantly making references in everything he writes. I'm just waiting for an ohc release but it would be instant buy.
    well, in this case, i might stick with his SS a bit longer, in solidarity and just in case

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Read the first two issues of Batman Europa and the latest three of Amazing Spider-Man digitally. Europa doesn't do it for me at all and this most recent run of Spider-Man feels like too much of a departure. I'm sure it'll read better in trade.

Also read the first trade of Bitch Planet and Batgirl of Burnside. Bitch Planet, I dunno, didn't get it at all. The Batgirl book was decent if only because it's nice to see some personality in a New 52 book.

Up to 111, now.

The Christ 3 issues
    Hellblazer 4 issues

Total: 143 issues

Fantastic Member

Ocean 3-6 - Rather Yay. Overall a cool story, but the ending falls a bit flat. (4)
    Orbiter (ca 100 pg) - Ouch. This was really BAD. The worst Ellis comic I will ever have to read, I hope. Check my youtube review for further details... (5)
    Animal Man 1-5 - Finally starting the Morrison classic. This is what the omnibus format is perfect for. (5)

And since I couldn't sleep last night...

Cloak & Dagger (1983) 1-4 - Surprisingly Yay. Those characters have a great potential and the comics are holding up very good in comparison with other stuff by the big two from that era. Leonardi's art really impressed me: very expressive and moody. Would be great to see Ed Brisson's or David Lapham's take on this!! (4)
    Uncanny X-Men 239 - Yay. If only for nostalgic reasons? i don#t know, I really enjoyed the beginning of Inferno. (1)
    X-Terminator 1 - Nay. Unreadable junk. Louise Simonson is not a very good writer. (1)
    The 'Nam - Yay. Michael Golden's art is fantastic! This is what Marvel unlimited is good for, will continue this for sure. (2)
    Star-Lord and Kitty Pride 1 - Okay (at best). Generic Marvel fare.
    Animal Man 1-5 - Finally starting the Morrison classic. This is what the omnibus format is perfect for. (5)

Total (2016): 67

From 11 January to 25 January:

All-New Hawkeye (2015, 2 of 2): 3
    All-New X-Men (2015): 3
    All-New Wolverine (2015): 4
    Extraordinary X-Men (2015): 5
    Guardians of the Galaxy (2015): 4
    Mighty Thor (2015): 3
    New Mutants (2009): 1-4
    Secret Wars (2015): 9
    Silver Surfer (2016): 1
    Star-Lord (2015): 3
    Star Wars (2015): 1-12, Annual
    Star Wars: Darth Vader (2015): 1-12, Annual
    Star Wars: Vader Down (2015): one-shot
    Uncanny Avengers (2015, 1 of 2): 1-5
    Uncanny Avengers (2015, 2 of 2): 4
    Uncanny Inhumans (2015): 4
    Uncanny X-Men (2016): 2
    X-Infernus (2009): 1-4
    X-Men (2013): 23-26
    Young X-Men (2008): 6-12

Total (this period): 63
    Total (overall): 89
    Goal: 1583

I'll be doing some traveling this week, and transatlantic flights are a good time to catch up on digital comics, so that'll give me a boost in numbers.
    Last edited by Taral-DLOS; 01-25-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Spectacular Member

Week 3

Orbital 1-2 (4)
    Judge Dredd Casefiles 15 (counting 1 issue every 4 progs: 11)
    Buck Danny Integrale 11 (3 albums plus short stories: 8)
    Next Men (IDW) 31-44 (14)

Total for the week: 37
    Total for the year: 115

Spectacular Member

I read a lot of my Valiant backlog, I'm working my way through all the books to try and catch up. I just finished the Armor Hunters event. I thought the main event was pretty great, and all of the tie-ins were at least good. I'm through about half of my new releases for the past week and I ran the Revival HC Vol. 3 in a few hours. It's a pretty amazing book and I'm looking forward to seeing how they conclude it in the next volume.

Total:239

not sure what's happening with the double posts, hopefully it gonna get fixed soon, getting annoying spending most of my time here deleting posts (including my own).

Fantastic Member

195. Added the first two issues of daredevil by soule and garney. Was anybody clamoring a rehash of the Chichester and McDaniel run? Ugh.

Count me in. Here are mine so far

Daredevil 168 - 182 This is my first time reading these and I am really enjoying Miller on Daredevil.
    Ultimate Spider-Man 1 - 10 Great story and art. The Definitive Spider-Man series for a consistently Peter.
    Elektra (2014) 1 - 6 Really loving this series, I have read very little Elektra so I can't compare this to earlier incarnations of the character but so far this has been great.

Total so far = 31
    Last edited by Lindsey; 01-25-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Incredible Member

The Maxx 1-8
    Ragnarok 1-6
    Fantastic Four 286-295
    The Last Galactus Story 55 pgs (2 issues)
    The Goon LE 450 pgs (20 issues)
    Spider-Man newspaper strips vol. 2 305 pgs (13 issues) I am jumping off this one here Romita left and the tone changed pretty much instantly.
    Complete Star Slammers 11 issues

Total:70
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?