Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default CBR's Top 100 Comics of 2015: The Master List

From "A Silent Voice" to "Zodiac Starforce," here's the full list of the wide range of comics and graphic novels that made 2015's CBR's Top 100!

Full article here.

I'm amazed no Valiant Comics made this list.

BANNED

No Storm? the last half of her series was better than the first half.

I also think Squirrel Girl's ranking should be higher.

Spectacular Member

The new Sabrina comic is my favorite of the past year. Surprised she didn't make the list.

This seems more a list of hip books rather than best.
    Saga has really stalled and relies on its established ticks too much. Paper girls has only... maybe 2 issues out, so how can you judge that? same for James Bond and Goddamned (its meant to be about best series not fav writers). Pretty deadly has only a couple of issues out in 2015 so it kinda riding the wave from last year rather than judged on this years quality (not saying its bad, but same problem as PaperGirls)

And as stated above : no Valiant books?!? How?
    Divinity was a great series, book of death cleaned up, Imperium is one of the best plotted titles on the rack and Ivar was one of the smartest (and best time travel story in a while). And Ninjak is Ninjak! They may not be as stylish as the Image-auteur stuff, but they are solid and are delivering what their readership wants which is more than Marvel and DC are doing.

But my personal peeve is the absence of East of West. It is epic in scope where saga is padded and stretched. Dragotta is drawing the hell out of it. and its easily some of the best coloring out there! Wtf?

Wow, Jem and the Holograms beat all comics I read, Deadly Class, Black Science, Low, Thor, Batman, Southern Bastards, Chew, and some more.

nevermind...
    Last edited by Detox; 01-02-2016 at 08:59 AM.

All-New Member

Divinity, Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, and Imperium from Valiant all deserve to be on the list

These comics I like should be on the list instead of/ahead of those comics I don't like!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    These comics I like should be on the list instead of/ahead of those comics I don't like!
    Exactly! Let all posts henceforth be only in praise of the perfection of the list!!

Amazing Member

As many Valiant books as you review highly and not a single Valiant title made your top 100?!?!?!?! What the heck is going on with your staff when they put this list together? It simply defies logic when one goes back and looks at your prior reviews for this company. I'll just have to chock this up to "too much holiday partying" by your staff which came up with these results.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Exactly! Let all posts henceforth be only in praise of the perfection of the list!!
    Or constructive examples of books that were excluded, but are still worth checking out for anyone who hasn't already done so?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Or constructive examples of books that were excluded, but are still worth checking out for anyone who hasn't already done so?
    Yea, I was just giving you a hard time. The Valiant snub does seem a little ridiculous considering how the staff just raves about the books, but I can see the point you're trying to make.

It could be that the a lot of folks on the CBR staff haven't read much Valiant. I believe that they each submit their top 10, so it's easy to see how some books get left out.

I wish Velvet released more than four issues this year because I think it is one of the best books out there.

I was surprised by the lack of Valiant as well. Bloodshot Reborn was great this year as well as Imperium and X-O Manowar.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)