Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Nightwing replaces Daredevil

What would happen if Nightwing replaces Daredevil?

He does ok . He's smarter than Matt and has better resources to compensate for his physicals . Until Kingpin sends Elektra to kill him . He could try...seducing her I guess ?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if he replaces him during classic fisk's run, dick gets fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    if he replaces him during classic fisk's run, dick gets fucked up.
    No he doesn't . This is where "better gear" kicks in. KO gas FTW . This is assumimg he goes to fight him straight away , like he did Blockbuster

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    No he doesn't . This is where "better gear" kicks in. KO gas FTW . This is assumimg he goes to fight him straight away , like he did Blockbuster
    How is Nightwing going to get his gear? Bruce finances everything and while he could reasonably recreate stuff like batarangs, sonic devices and KO gas are out of Dick's price range.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    How is Nightwing going to get his gear? Bruce finances everything and while he could reasonably recreate stuff like batarangs, sonic devices and KO gas are out of Dick's price range.
    Last I checked post crisis Dick was pretty rich on his own right , the owner of Haley's circus and whatever in his original Nightwing run . He made a conscious effort to earn his own money and gear ( he drove around a battered car for a while ) when he first went to Bludhaven and even in the new 52 owned the circus , at least for a while

That aside post crisis Dick was Bruce's legal heir/son last I checked , which would automatically entail some portion of the Wayne fortune unless in every thread you assume Bruce goes to a city without the old money his parents earned ( and therefore not his own resources directly or whatever )

It seems like a pretty silly excuse to me ...does Batman not get his standard money / devices in a scenario like this ?

Are we to assume Dick goes around in a home made / cop uniform because that's financed by Bruce too ? It's his standard gear : gas pellets and all. Fail to see why he wouldn't have standard gear in a scenario like this

considering he could throw down with the likes of DD and spiderman, not sure if dick's gear would be enough to do much of anything to classic fisk.

considering he could throw down with the likes of DD and spiderman, not sure if dick's gear would be enough to do much of anything to classic fisk.
    Not sure how throwing down with high end street levellers robs him off the necessity of needing to breathe

Problem is that Fisk isn't exactly devoid of his own toys, plus that thing he likes to throw at people...

Which means nothing given Nightwing has demonstrably better speed feats than " tags fast people " and several acrobatic feats that mean throwing objects at him is meaningless , and isn't going to be tagged without PIS

http://i.imgur.com/l4bExtD.jpg

When he does things like this I don't see how throwing a table is going to really be a problem . Or the laser cane for that matter
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 01-01-2016 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Problem is that Fisk isn't exactly devoid of his own toys, plus that thing he likes to throw at people...
    you bastard!

dick has no defense against such a weapon!

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Last I checked post crisis Dick was pretty rich on his own right , the owner of Haley's circus and whatever in his original Nightwing run . He made a conscious effort to earn his own money and gear ( he drove around a battered car for a while ) when he first went to Bludhaven and even in the new 52 owned the circus , at least for a while

That aside post crisis Dick was Bruce's legal heir/son last I checked , which would automatically entail some portion of the Wayne fortune unless in every thread you assume Bruce goes to a city without the old money his parents earned ( and therefore not his own resources directly or whatever )

It seems like a pretty silly excuse to me ...does Batman not get his standard money / devices in a scenario like this ?

Are we to assume Dick goes around in a home made / cop uniform because that's financed by Bruce too ? It's his standard gear : gas pellets and all. Fail to see why he wouldn't have standard gear in a scenario like this
    No idea how rich Nightline is post crises, but there's a bit of a difference between Bruce's inheritance and Dick's money is that Bruce inheritance is now his money due to his parents being dead. It's, legally, his stuff now.

Bruce on the other hand isn't dead, is giving Dick the money and gear, so I merely questioning if Dick would actually keep said gear, as heir or not it isn't actually his stuff yet until Bruce dies.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    No idea how rich Nightline is post crises, but there's a bit of a difference between Bruce's inheritance and Dick's money is that Bruce inheritance is now his money due to his parents being dead. It's, legally, his stuff now.

Bruce on the other hand isn't dead, is giving Dick the money and gear, so I merely questioning if Dick would actually keep said gear, as heir or not it isn't actually his stuff yet until Bruce dies.
    Well I Know for a fact that by the end of post crisis era Dick Grayson was a board member of the Wayne enterprises such that he could make executive decisions on what to do with the new lab they just donated to the GCPD and was living in an expensive penthouse and all. He was also well....straight up Gotham City's Batman at this point

It just seems weird if he doesn't get access to his full gear to me . that's standard gear no even prep time .

It's like depriving Bucky of his bionic arm (which was modified with SHIELD tech ) or Sam not getting his wings because Panther supplied them . Just seems bizarre
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 01-01-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Well I Know for a fact that by the end of post crisis era Dick Grayson was a board member of the Wayne enterprises such that he could make executive decisions on what to do with the new lab they just donated to the GCPD and was living in an expensive penthouse and all.

It just seems weird if he doesn't get access to his full gear to me . that's standard gear no even prep time .

It's like depriving Bucky of his bionic arm (which was modified with SHIELD tech ) or Sam not getting his wings . Just seems bizarre
    honestly, these types of threads aren't uncommon.

honestly, these types of threads aren't uncommon.
    Well OP should state " Nightwing doesn't get standard gear" then .