Thread: Aang vs Goku

All-New Member

Default Aang vs Goku

Aang in Avatar mode at the end of the series vs Goku from Dragon Ball.

Who wins?

Round 1 - Goku during his fight with Master Roshi

Round 2 - Goku during his fight King Piccolo

Round 3 - Goku during his fight with Piccolo JR

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Even the first Goku is still pretty crazy amounts faster and more agile than Aang.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Is Goku allowed Nimbus? Without it Aang has a flight advantage.

Goku's way stronger than him even in the first scenario, but Aang's more versatile than him in the first two scenarios. That said it might not matter Goku is faster than Aang if he can land a few blows before Aang can take flight that might be all she wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Is Goku allowed Nimbus? Without it Aang has a flight advantage.

Goku's way stronger than him even in the first scenario, but Aang's more versatile than him in the first two scenarios. That said it might not matter Goku is faster than Aang if he can land a few blows before Aang can take flight that might be all she wrote.
    He really just needs one. They were knocking huge guys like 30 feet with a light hit.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Goku speedblitzes Aang before he can think in all three fights. Even without blitzing, I'm not sure Aang is actually capable of anything that would hurt 21st Budokai era Goku. Hell, even Pilaf-arc Goku might be a stretch.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Well if we spotted him every kind of bending he ever saw in the series, Goku MIGHT be vulnerable to Blood-bending, and if they were actually at the TB, Goku might (or might not depending on how much he cared) actually let Aang go through with it.

That's several levels removed from the actual fight thread though, so it's not exactly useful.

Well if we spotted him every kind of bending he ever saw in the series
    I don't think he can do any of them; Even in Korra, we saw that adult Aang was still using the standard types of bending. I think his "esoteric" bending-type is the spirit bending.

Blood bending's capacity to work on Goku... I dunno. It would probably work if someone could actually freeze the blood in his veins, but we've never really seen blood bending do anything more than control someone's body (albeit in the extreme), and even beginning of series Goku is way stronger than anyone it ever worked on.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Goku speedblitzes Aang before he can think in all three fights. Even without blitzing, I'm not sure Aang is actually capable of anything that would hurt 21st Budokai era Goku. Hell, even Pilaf-arc Goku might be a stretch.
    Well, even post-21st Budokai Goku was still vulnerable to extreme cold and even non-Avatar State Aang was capable of flash-freezing a volcano. Pity that he's essentially a statue made of marshmallows compared to Goku.

even non-Avatar State Aang was capable of flash-freezing a volcano
    What? When did THAT happen? That doesn't even make sense; avatar state Roku couldn't even control a volcano himself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Well, even post-21st Budokai Goku was still vulnerable to extreme cold and even non-Avatar State Aang was capable of flash-freezing a volcano. Pity that he's essentially a statue made of marshmallows compared to Goku.
    Flash Freezing a Volcano? I remember them suffocating the fire with big blocks of mud, but I don't remember him flash-freezing one...

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Can't say if that was consistent or not, but I don't remember Roku being in Avatar state when he failed to control the volcano. IIRC, he was killed by Fire Lord Sozin while making his attempt and if he had been in Avatar State when he died, then the entire Avatar system would have been ended right there.

Besides, Aang is a lot more focused on air and water than the Fire Nation born Roku probably was, and still did stuff like freezing people solid with a simple exhalation, which should be enough to really annoy Goku from the 21st Budokai era.

Wow, yeah I'm not sure I buy that as being consistent with Aang's other non-avatar state feats. Maybe the amount shown onscreen, but not the entire eruption. Maybe he just diverted it?

Besides, Aang is a lot more focused on air and water than the Fire Nation born Roku probably was
    Eeeh, Roku had a lifetime of experience as the avatar behind him at that point.