Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The double shipping has me really worried.
    If it really does happen, I think the quality on the titles double shipping will dip even more and the fringe books will end up getting cancelled because readers will start dropping less popular titles to accommodate the popular ones double shipping in their pull-lists.
    It will be a real shame as the fringe books are much better quality than the titles most likely to double ship (JL and the Batbooks).
    Yeah, that worries me as well. At the very least I feel like artistic quality is going to suffer on some titles unless they manage to find decent enough 2nd artists for the titles that are to be double shipped. Also, I would really rather they tried double shipping the better quality fringe titles myself instead of things like JL or Batman not that I expect that DC will take such a risky move as that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Good for Luke, I guess. I don't read Batgirl, nor do I like Barbara Gordon. (Cassie Cain for life!) At least, someone is making use of him. Does he suit up at least?
    Not yet . . . he's busy running his own tech company.

BANNED

Hoping like hell the Green Lantern Corps returns to a 12 issue a year subscription title. The mini-series are cool, but I want the title back. To be honest I'm super glad it's Sciver back on art for Edge of Oblivion, the "Lost" guy (Saíz) just didn't make it for me. So, looking forward to "Edge", Superman regaining his powers, my recent (and relatively recent) interest in Martian Manhunter being explored, plus of course the Justice League, which like Invincible Iron Man seems currently, uh, invincible. All my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That might be nice, but DC has offered this already.

Problem was, not enough people bought those other books . . . not even a Bat-book like Batwing.

So, to amend your statement,
    Actually he is right.

While some books can be defended like Cyborg, Robin SOB, Gotham Academy and even the ultra slow Dr. Fate, you can't make excuses for the messes known as Blue Beetle & Static & Doomed. Or the constant screwing around of John Stewart.

People can accept low selling if the book is good and you can at least make a case for those but if the book is bad-it's bad and you can't blame fans.

And yes it would seem like the white guy club when you look at the competition. They are just more obvious since some movie (something called Force Awakens) shares the same owners as they do.

What direction would you like DC to take?
    To accept the beating from Marvel for the next few months.

Take some risks even if it means a few 6 issues series.

Don't give up on Prez or Omega Men.

PLEASE DO NOT GO NUTS IF Cyborg book struggles behind the returning Miles & Black Panther. Stay on the path and remember you are building up Cyborg's resume with trades. This is all about getting as many Cyborg solo stories out as you can. You want Walker to do to Cyborg when Priest (and later Hudlin) did with Black Panther.

Figure out what you are going to do with John Stewart. Kill him or use him but stop the playing. But end the drama with him.

Spend the year building up the teens & POC-I'm not talking solos but USE them. Understand to defeat Miles, his girlfriend Ms Marvel & Nova-it means using guys you don't care for. Yes Jaime Reyes, Static, Ms Martian and wherever the REAL Tim Drake & Teen Titans are hiding. I don't know what that is claiming to be Teen Titans now.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

New creative teams for Green Lantern (Tom King!), Batman (Tim Seeley!), and Wonder Woman (ANYBODY).

More experimental books like Omega Men, Grayson and Prez.

Extraordinary Member

I hope/expect that Green Lantern will be getting a new creative team as soon as the current arc with Hal as a rogue operative comes to a close. I nominate Tom King and Jesus Saiz or Evan Shaner for the role

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I hope/expect that Green Lantern will be getting a new creative team as soon as the current arc with Hal as a rogue operative comes to a close. I nominate Tom King and Jesus Saiz or Evan Shaner for the role
    Sciver for me (though I'd love if Jim Lee took a turn). This might sound strange, but I would love a dark horse like Jim Starlin trying out GL. He did a great Capt. Marvel and owned Warlock. Old school I know.

Sciver of course will be busy with the Corps (and I'm quite happy with that).

Amazing Member

I would like to see a Mister Miracle book, that's all

maroonman

Don't think Doomed was a disaster.Was a fun little book. Had a small audience that liked it and had it's haters. That's fine. People have different tastes.

Fantastic Member

What I expect and what I want are separate.

What I'd like is for DC to figure out what version of a character they want and to stick with it. I'd like to do away with universal resets every other year. And I'd like to do away with character development based around fads and social media.

What I expect are more crossovers and events. I expect DC to fully embrace the Marvel method of tweaking their sales through constant renumbering (seriously,of the top 100 only two books were above issue 50 in Nov.), the most likely candidates for this will be Catwoman, Batgirl, and Teen Titans. I expect most of the DC You line to be cancelled, although not all as DC wants to avoid complete embarrassment (Starfire and Cyborg will probably survive a bit longer). And finally I expect DC to hunker down and try and emphasize their most popular characters in order to try and stabilize their overall sales numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    What I expect and what I want are separate.

What I'd like is for DC to figure out what version of a character they want and to stick with it. I'd like to do away with universal resets every other year. And I'd like to do away with character development based around fads and social media.

What I expect are more crossovers and events. I expect DC to fully embrace the Marvel method of tweaking their sales through constant renumbering (seriously,of the top 100 only two books were above issue 50 in Nov.), the most likely candidates for this will be Catwoman, Batgirl, and Teen Titans. I expect most of the DC You line to be cancelled, although not all as DC wants to avoid complete embarrassment (Starfire and Cyborg will probably survive a bit longer). And finally I expect DC to hunker down and try and emphasize their most popular characters in order to try and stabilize their overall sales numbers.
    I think some titles, like Midnighter, might make it a while longer too because of the critical acclaim they've received.

The big one for me is Seven Seas. We know it's coming, but with the history this project has, I'll believe it when it lands.

I'm also anticipating a new Titans team, unless a permenent one was announced when I wasn't paying attention. I'm one of the few who actually liked what Phiffer was doing, but it just didn't seem sustainable long term.

2016 ? it's not time for a Crisis ?

Incredible Member

Nothing crazy.

This will year will see them adapt to what worked and what didn't with DCYou, and there'll be some excitement surrounding certain characters returning to normal (perhaps accompanied by some new number 1's and some shakeups in the creative teams).

New creative team for Wonder Woman
    A return to greatness for Superman
    Brett Booth off of Aquaman
    Azz on either an Orion or New Gods book.