Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I finally got my copy! Unfortunately, I've got a busy weekend ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Just curious. Thanks for the reply anyways, Clown Prince of Crime
    Of course. I'd just imagine it's a better set up to sell a prose novel (even with pictures) through a book publisher than a comics publisher.

Well, listings have been updated and it looks like stores do have it, so I'll pick it up this afternoon.

It's showing is stock at my local Barnes & Noble now as well. I've read the first 12 chapters so far, it's good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    None of Mignola's (non Hellboy) illustrated novels are from DH. One would assume he has a publishing deal with St. Martins Press.

Looking, I see double listings for the Hellboy novels. Pocket Star Books, and Dark Horse Books. I can't answer what the deal is there.
    Wikipedia describes St. Martin's Press as one of the largest English Language publishers. Pocket Star is described to being Simon & Shuster's mass market publishing line having become E-book exclusively as of 2012. Apparently Dark Horse Press (a prose imprint) is also a thing, but Wikipedia remains vague from what I found.

It appears to me all of these brands or imprints adhere to (the) leading 'mainstream' publishing concerns or should I say to (the) leading 'mass market' distribution channels.

Then again a title such as this might not likely hit bookstores their inventories with quite the same impact or swiftness as the most anticipated titles, or how the latest mainstream comics would hit comics stores.
    It's kind of like someone standing in a Barnes & Noble (affiliated) store calling a book like this a charming "niche" title, where technically mass market isn't ever "niche", but instead as widely made available as can be.

Not that I'm an expert at all here (hence I frequent Wikipedia), but I do find publishing or visiting bookstores (big or little) mainly amazing, if not pretty mindboggling even.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

I finished the book today, it was so good! Does anyone else think this is going to become a comic book series?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I finished the book today, it was so good! Does anyone else think this is going to become a comic book series?
    I just finished this myself and I had the same thought, this seems like the perfect character for a comic.

The Claw of Justice!

I really enjoyed this. Great story and illustrations. It reminded me of Sandman Mystery Theatre. I liked the ink wash drawings, they really contributed to the weird, murky atmosphere. I'd definitely read a follow-up comic or another novel.

spoilers:
    The illustration of Dr. Romulus facing Death was really striking.
    end of spoilers

And with that I think I'm caught up on all the Mignola books I missed. Cool.
    Last edited by LobsterJohnson; 04-28-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram