View Poll Results: Which elements would you like to see in an Earth-2? (multiple choices allowed)

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • WWII setting

26 28.89%
  • Contemporary setting

38 42.22%
  • First generation still young

31 34.44%
  • First generation already older

28 31.11%
  • Legacy characters

40 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Legacy characters. Mainly to have different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    WWII setting
    Contemporary setting
    First generation still young
    First generation already older
    Legacy characters
    All of the above.

WWII setting(timeless, fantastic diesel-punk pulpy-noir not beholden to real time history*) with First generation still young characters, told as the ongoing flashbacks of the Contemporary setting and still adventuring First generation already older characters, who have been joined by their Legacy characters.
    All in the same ongoing.

*good visual example would be the look of BTAS which combined the Fleischer-pulpy-noir look with a some modern elements, giving it a timeless feel.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-07-2016 at 10:39 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, I'd like ALL of them.
    I picked them all myself.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I've got no problem with Earth 2. I just don't want a JSA ongoing set there. To say that that's not a good idea is not "trolling." But hey, if you and a few other people are determined to go to the mat for that, then do it. But if that happens, and it tanks, remember that you were told loud and clear ahead of time that it was a bad idea. Because I'll remember it.
    It still wouldn't mean you were right, though. Your way most likely would tank just as fast, if not faster, because fans only have so much money to spend on this hobby. Which title would be given up to purchase a JSA book, Earth-2 or Clutter Earth?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

My ideal Earth 2 would feature the original golden age JSA members as well as Power Girl and Kal-L
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Whatever way you take it I think a big thing is you have to have Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman out of the picture. If you don't the book just becomes another "trinity" book and not a JSA/Earth 2 book. I have always said the less straight up duplicate characters the better. By that I mean it is fine to have characters with the same codenames and powers like Flash and Green Lantern, but they are very different from their prime Earth counterparts. With the big 3 they are just to much like the prime Earth versions in my eyes. They are still Clark, Bruce, and Diana when it is all said and done. I actually didn't mind at all when they brought Batman and Superman in the Earth 2 book because they were new characters using old names which I think is what Earth 2 needs.

I know they were in the original version of the JSA way back when , but I think the more recent versions have shown the book just works better without them.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 01-05-2016 at 12:07 PM.

It's interesting that in the initial 57-issue Golden-Age run of the JSA, Superman and Batman made a total of three appearances. And while they played a more prominent role in the early JLA/JSA crossovers, each went into semi-retirement not long after the JSA regained its own title, making way for Power Girl, Robin, and Huntress to take their places. So even in terms of referring back to pre-Crisis JSA history, there's not much precedent for including them on contemporary Earth-2.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    All of the above.

WWII setting(timeless, fantastic diesel-punk pulpy-noir* not beholden to real time history) with First generation still young characters, told as the ongoing flashbacks of the Contemporary setting and still adventuring First generation already older characters, who have been joined by their Legacy characters in the same ongoing.

*good example would be the look of BTAS which combined the Fleischer-pulpy-noir look with a some modern elements, giving it a timeless feel.
    Also, this. The world of “the Incredibles” is another example of a “timeless” setting that blends 50s aesthetics with modern elements; and I wouldn't mind Earth-2 being rebooted along these lines.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    My ideal Earth 2 would feature the original golden age JSA members as well as Power Girl and Kal-L
    Bring it on!

&

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Whatever way you take it I think a big thing is you have to have Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman out of the picture. If you don't the book just becomes another "trinity" book and not a JSA/Earth 2 book.
    I'd start off the way that Robinson did, by having the trinity killed off in a major battle. Then I'd make it all about the legacy, bringing an older (but not WWII old) JSA generation out of retirement to fill the gap, and gradually introduce the next generation under their mentorship. Have some of them settle for coaching their replacements, and others discovering that they'd really retired a little too early, and wanted to be back in the fray. Because the JSA have been older statesman for most of the time I've read them, and I'm used to them that way. I'd give them the obligatory reboot de-aging and bring them down to their 40s and 50s, but probably no further.

Most of the cast would be the various JSA/Infinity Inc members, but I'd also use it as somewhere to place the middle generation heroes who'd been left out of the main Earth after the reboot. So that's also where I'd put Donna Troy, Wally West, the Garth Aqualad, train them up, and eventually form them into the Earth 2 Justice League. You might need a spinoff book for the Titans/JLA if they didn't blend in well with the JSA, but that'd be no bad thing if taken slowly. Two books could build a world better than one, and then you could have JLA/JSA crossovers.

Ultimately I think you'd end up with new Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman analogues, but they wouldn't be the same people as on the main Earth so there wouldn't be much duplication, and there'd be a home for a lot of people the main Earth didn't have room for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    It's interesting that in the initial 57-issue Golden-Age run of the JSA, Superman and Batman made a total of three appearances.
    That wasn't just "interesting", that was company policy. In the beginning, "DC" wasn't 100% unified. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics#The_Golden_Age) There was also a company rule that the JSA wasn't allowed to have full-time members who also had their own comic book (as opposed to being a feature in a comic book). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justic...ll_Star_Comics)
    Eventually, the rule about having their own comic book was relaxed, allowing Flash and Green Lantern to become full-time members again later in the initial All-Star Comics run.

First, I want Earth 2 to be a pseudo-imprint so they could have stories that only sets on Earth 2 but would have some occasional crossover with Earth 0. Earth 2 seems more mystical than Prime Earth because due to amount of heroes' source of power originate from magic.

Earth 2

- Option A (Fine the way it is)
    - Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman fought against Darksied's troops and died valiantly, the old heroes died and they gave birth to the new.
    - Just like on the Earth 2 book, Green Lantern, The Flash, Hawkgirl, Dr. Fate, The World Army and the others manages to defeat Darksied and his forces.
    - They become the Justice Society of America, the team that embodies Truth, Justice and Hope.
    - Pretty much a continuation like Earth 2 but I would also introduce a book that would focus on heroes who were never part of the JSA (see All Stars).

Option B (my redesign of Earth 2, the rest of them below connects with Option B)
    - Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman has defeated the combined forces of Ultra Humanite and The Time Stealers.
    - Superman married Lois Lane and retired with her and had children with her, Batman married Catwoman and both had a daughter (Helena) and after years of being reluctant to take the throne Diana finally becomes Queen of the Amazons also she had a child with Steve Trevor (Lyta) but they are unfortunately not living together.
    - After many years of no villainy, Solomon Grundy resurfaces and wants to destroy all life, Clark Kent who hasn't been Superman for nearly two decades was going to take care of Solomon Grundy but Bruce Wayne called him that it was already been taken care of.
    - The hero who subdue Grundy was a man who emits an ethereal green glow, a man who can run so fast that you only see a blur and a winged girl with a mace.
    - This book would show developments of the new heroes before they become the Justice Society of America.
    - Most heroes who came from the All Star series joined the remaining four heroes and they defeated The Injustice Society and save the earth from their control.

Earth 2: All Stars

- Tales featuring heroes who are not part of the main Earth 2 book. They will appear with Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl and Dr. Fate after their tales are done in All Stars, All Stars is more of an origin series for the heroes. All Stars will be a mini series featuring each heroes's backstories and/or flashbacks then it will continue with other heroes as Phase 2 and then so on with other characters.

- Phase 1: Hourman, Wildcat and Liberty Belle.
    - Phase 2: Doctor Mid-Nite, Sandman and Zatara.
    - Phase 3: Black Canary, Mister Terrific and Khufu: The Hawkman.
    - Phase 4: Dr Occult, Jakeem Thunder and Son of Vulcan.
    - Phase 5: Windrunner (Max Mercury), Crimson Avenger and Starman.

Earth 2: Infinity

- Infinity Inc, the children of the JSA are the young protectors of Earth. Time travelling story although most of it sets in the future (Infinity Inc's present).
    - Members are: Jade, Obsidian, Cyclone, The Flash (Jesse Chambers), Silver Scarab, Brainwave, Nuklon, Fury, Huntress and Power Girl.
    - After, Infinity Inc defeated Johnny Sorrow and his forces.
    - Infinity Inc notice something wrong, the world is changing and they don't know why until a man from the distant future told them that an evil and apocalyptic broke free and travels to the past so Infinity Inc needs to travel the past to warn the JSA of the past.

Earth 2: The Flash

- This series focuses on The Flash only, He finds it hard living the life of a hero and a drop out college student. He senses danger coming from his own hometown Keystone City.
    - Jay experiments his powers by rapidly increasing his brain at astonishing level, he went back to college and succeed all of his test and he is now a junior member of STAR Labs. Life was great for Jay until that danger he heard came again so he rush down and it was a man with a violin, he calls himself the Fiddler (the first villain of the Golden Age Flash).
    - Fiddler's violin emits vibrational waves at The Flash and it messed up with his powers and he can't do anything about, it is the first time he faces a super-powered villain by himself and he got away.
    - His cast includes: Joan, some members of the JSA, Marissa Dilson, Dr. Edward Clariss and a mysterious man named Max.
    - Windrunner (Max Mercury), like The Flash by Mercury, he was blessed with supernatural speed by the Aztec Wind God, Eheactl.

Earth 2: Green Lantern

- This series focuses on Green Lantern, Alan Scott feels in one with The Green yet again. He was told by the Parliament of The Green that their are other forces of the earth and there is something threatening the green so the parliament's assignment for Alan to find and discover what's causing to The Green.
    - Their are eight forces of the earth those are: Green (Flora), Red (Fauna), Grey (Decay), White (Air), Blue (Ocean), Yellow (Land), Indigo (Light) and Purple (Minerals).
    - Green Lantern found the culprit who's infecting The Green, her name is Star Sapphire, Avatar of The Indigo.
    - Rose and Thorn will debut in this series as a future villainies. She have two powers one is the green and the other by her evil persona which is connected to a dark and forgotten source known as The Dark, the source of darkness itself.

Earth 2: Hawkgirl

- There are holes of many lives of Kendra Saunders. Warrior, Immortal, Princess, Goddess, Hero, Legend.
    - Kendra Saunders needs to find herself surprisingly Dr. Fate wants to help because he knows her more than she knows herself.
    - Hawkgirl realizes that she's been stalked by someone and she didn't know if it was a crazed fan or a psycho. She captures the man who stalks her she felt like beating this man into a bloody pulp but for some reason she didn't because this man she's looking at looks very familiar, the man said "Shay-Era it's me, Khufu".
    - Khufu said to her that someone is hunting them and Hawkgirl is not sure if she believes him thinking that he is mad but Dr. Fate said that something sinister is coming for the both of them.

Idea Crossovers
    - The Flash of Two Worlds: Barry Allen and Jay Garrick story. Antagonists: Professor Zoom and The Rival or an evil Monitor. The Flashes are all about the multiverse.

- Exit Light, Enter Darkness: Nekron moves into the Earth 2 Universe and enhances Solomon Grundy's power or creates a new force on Earth, The Dark/The Black.

- The Second Coming: Darksied is coming to Earth 2 and the New Gods of New Genesis travels to Earth 2 teaming up with the heroes to prevent it.
    Last edited by Incognito; 01-07-2016 at 03:03 PM.

The original Earth-2 cast of characters.
    If I could draw in Stargirl, Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt), Jesse Quick and Sandy Hawkins I would.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

With all due respect, some of the ideas here have "been there and done that" Have they not? I love the Justice Society of America snd the stories from all the different eras, i loved the Goyer and Johns' JSA, as well as Roy Thomas's Infinity INC, All Star Squadron, and The Young All Stars, BUT...those are the same ideas that people here are "having" Not bad ideas, just not their own, as I see it.
    Please Remain Calm

BANNED

Just have Mordru put them in a state of suspended animation or something for 60 years,the war setting never stopped Captain America which is why I'm not sure why it becomes an argument against JSA.