View Poll Results: Which elements would you like to see in an Earth-2? (multiple choices allowed)

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • WWII setting

26 28.89%
  • Contemporary setting

38 42.22%
  • First generation still young

31 34.44%
  • First generation already older

28 31.11%
  • Legacy characters

40 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    The original Earth-2 cast of characters.
    If I could draw in Stargirl, Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt), Jesse Quick and Sandy Hawkins I would.

That picture of the Justice Society is so bad ass! Veterans you wouldn't mess with!

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Just have Mordru put them in a state of suspended animation or something for 60 years,the war setting never stopped Captain America which is why I'm not sure why it becomes an argument against JSA.
    Or banish a city to another dimension which would allow the JSA and the majority of their supporting cast (including) children be brought back 60 years later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by finfan View Post
    Or banish a city to another dimension which would allow the JSA and the majority of their supporting cast (including) children be brought back 60 years later.
    I did consider that first but it felt too out there, having Mordru put them in to a magic induced coma out of spite is cleaner and easier to swallow.

Incredible Member

Since ALL of our suggestions will not be accepted by DC, let's just go into Morrison mode.

There are an infinite number of Earths, including the nested kind (as hinted at the end of "Convergence".

For me, ideally, Earth-0 would be where all the elements from the different Earths can come into play. On this Earth, there is a JSA, a Marvel Family, a roster of Charleston AND Wildstorm heroes. This would be the ultimate sandbox that the DC people can have, in which they would be in charge of meshing together as they see fit. Thus, on this world, the JSA started out in WW2, and then had moved on from there based upon their interaction with the other comic book elements (including have legacy heroes running around).

Earth-1 will strictly be the classic silver age stuff, so no JSA.

Earth-2 would be strictly JSA, so definitely no JLA. And this is where it gets weird. Just like there are an inifinite number of Earths, there are an infinite number of the SAME Earth (a nested Earth?). Thus, there is an Earth-2A, and Earth-2B and so forth. This would be keeping with Didio wanted to have previous stories still remain valid, but, at the same time, these additional Earths won't necessarily have to be referred to, unless some editor or writer wants to. Same rule applies to the other Earths, in which, for example, there is an Earth-Fawcett type of world, an Earth-S type of world and an Earth-5 type of world (but renamed as Earth-5A, Earth-5B and Earth-5C respectively. Having this arrangement would allow future writers to mine for new stories without the need to declare them "imaginary".

Anyway, in my dream project, I would be focusing on just two Earths-2: A, B and C. Earth-2A would be what Robinson was trying to do: a Earth coming out of a global war ten years later. I would even have the New God elements in it, but only as part of the set-up for this new world. The Trinity is dead, but their legacies live on, allied with a new group of superheroes known as the Justice League (i.e. young versions of Alan Scott, Jay Garrick and Ted Grant, who may or may not have saw action during the war, but are only five years older than when they first become superheroes in their own right). And Wonder Woman, not Superman, become the first hero (or "Wonder") that comes out in public (she does so in order to prepare Earth for the coming war). Earth-2B would be classic JSA, including the World War II elements, Infinity, Inc. and so forth. However, the focus would be on the Legacy of the JSA, as new team emerges. Alan, Jay, Ted and others, from the previous JSA, would barely show up, if at all, being retired or deceased. That way, you can have multiple JSA books without the retread. Finally, Earth-2C. The JSA disappears at the tell end of WWII, thanks to some foe (by Thule magic or Nazi science), and get stuck in a cycle of Ragnorak for many years...until TODAY. It would be classic fish-out-of-water, has this legendary team adjust to a new world (clash of cultures? cultural insensitivity?).

Anyway, those are my thoughts. This was fun, but sad since DC isn't going to take ANY ideas from us...

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Just have Mordru put them in a state of suspended animation or something for 60 years,the war setting never stopped Captain America which is why I'm not sure why it becomes an argument against JSA.
    No need to even go that far. There's already a way that could be adopted with some minor changes.

As I've said before in other threads,

The post-CoIE attempt to remove the JSA by having them fight an eternally repeating Ragnarök could be tweaked to include Infinity Inc. characters from +/-1986. Then they could be finally brought back from that to some nebulous "today" point in time without having aged those 30+ years since then.

Or else recycle the suspended animation story from when DC brought back "The Original Captain Marvel" in the early 1970s.

http://diversionsofthegroovykind.blo...-shazam-1.html

BANNED

Easy
    Superman debuts in 1938
    Original JSA characterst start springing up after that
    Years go by,many years,and over time heroes retire or die
    Present day-
    Superman is still around
    Original JSA heroes who have some form of age retardation like jay,alan,or ted (could easily)
    New heroes take older heroes names,new heroes show u,and descendents join

I would buy this book without a doubt

Oh and Damage better be Inn this book,because he is the ultimate legacy hero

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No need to even go that far. There's already a way that could be adopted with some minor changes.

As I've said before in other threads,

The post-CoIE attempt to remove the JSA by having them fight an eternally repeating Ragnarök could be tweaked to include Infinity Inc. characters from +/-1986. Then they could be finally brought back from that to some nebulous "today" point in time without having aged those 30+ years since then.
    May I suggest Earth 2: Society issue 21 featuring a play on this cover with the current E2 heroes in the place of the JLA. The original JSA circa 1985 has been dimension hopping since COIE and has made their way to the current new earth 2. the teams of heroes strive to send the older lost heroes home.

In my fantasy world, the demand for these issues is so great, DC has no choice but to continue the JSA (and Infinity, Inc.) adventures.

Starting right after America v. JSA with all the time travel/dimension hopping would be a good jumping on point as the case covered the history of the JSA and the life and death of Batman. As someone born after it came out I found it to be very well done and easy to Launch a new #1 after.
    Last edited by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy; 01-08-2016 at 12:39 PM.

To make earth 2 different from prime earth, I would draw from the 1938 Superman who was an illegal vigilante who threatened criminals with death. The 1939 Batman would gun down criminals. The bronze age JSA Adventure Comics story by Paul Levitz had the government outlawing the JSA. So I would follow the Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns stories where the American Empire ruled by Lex outlaws all superheroes as terrorists so superheroes are being hunted down and killed. The former villains will become government employees and help hunt down and kill the illegal superheroes. In retaliation, the superheroes like Supes, Bats, WW, Flash and GL will be willing to kill if necessary for survival.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 01-08-2016 at 09:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    To make earth 2 different from prime earth, I would draw from the 1938 Superman who was an illegal vigilante who threatened criminals with death. The 1939 Batman would gun down criminals. The bronze age JSA Adventure Comics story by Paul Levitz had the government outlawing the JSA. So I would follow the Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns stories where the American Empire ruled by Lex outlaws all superheroes as terrorists so superheroes are being hunted down and killed. The former villains will become government employees and help hunt down and kill the illegal superheroes. In retaliation, the superheroes like Supes, Bats, WW, Flash and GL will be willing to kill if necessary for survival.
    Um That sounds really heroic

Maybe try that idea,but with heroes being heroes,and less killing everything.

Another way to make earth 2 different from prime earth is to follow the pre-coie earth x. So in earth 2, the nazi empire rules the planet and they have the axis amerika plus the villains have all joined the nazi empire. Jonathan and Martha Kent can be jewish americans.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 01-08-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    With all due respect, some of the ideas here have "been there and done that" Have they not? I love the Justice Society of America snd the stories from all the different eras, i loved the Goyer and Johns' JSA, as well as Roy Thomas's Infinity INC, All Star Squadron, and The Young All Stars, BUT...those are the same ideas that people here are "having" Not bad ideas, just not their own, as I see it.
    But why recreate the wheel. If you are looking for a new idea use Earth 2016 or something. If you are looking to make an "Earth 2" then it should have some ties to the former versions of that idea, else why use the name?

It's interesting to note that at the time of the Justice Society's founding, what we know today as DC Comics hadn't yet taken form. Instead, there were two comics companies: All-American Comics (featuring heroes like the Atom, Black Canary, Dr. Mid-Nite, the Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman and Hawkgirl, Johnny Thunder, Mr. Terrific, Red Tornado, Wildcat, and Wonder Woman) and National Comics (featuring heroes like Superman, Batman, Robin, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Speedy, Crimson Avenger, Vigilante, Shining Knight, Star-Spangled Kid, Stripsey, Starman, Dr. Fate, Hourman, Johnny Quick, Liberty Belle, Manhunter, Mister America, Sandman, the Spectre, and Zatara). The two companies were on friendly terms, which was why some of National Comics' heroes appeared in the Justice Society; and not long after, the two companies merged.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    With all due respect, some of the ideas here have "been there and done that" Have they not? I love the Justice Society of America snd the stories from all the different eras, i loved the Goyer and Johns' JSA, as well as Roy Thomas's Infinity INC, All Star Squadron, and The Young All Stars, BUT...those are the same ideas that people here are "having" Not bad ideas, just not their own, as I see it.
    i'm sorry, but if i wanted to create something new and different i wouldn't call it earth 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    . . . All-American Comics (featuring heroes like the Atom, Black Canary, . . .
    You do realize Black Canary didn't appear until 1947?
    (Post-World War II)

http://blackcanaryfan.blogspot.com/2...comics-86.html