View Poll Results: Which elements would you like to see in an Earth-2? (multiple choices allowed)

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • WWII setting

26 28.89%
  • Contemporary setting

38 42.22%
  • First generation still young

31 34.44%
  • First generation already older

28 31.11%
  • Legacy characters

40 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Another way to do earth 2 is to let Supes, Bats, WW, Flash and GL start in the golden age but they are still young in current time bec maybe they are immortals or somehow became immortals. Supes and WW are probably immortal since the beginning. GL has magic so it is easy for GL to be immortal.

My ideal Earth-2 would be the same as the original concept, but extended to today in more or less real time. At this point we'd have, what, the children of the Infinitors in their superheroic primes? Perhaps some great grandchildren of the WW2 generation just starting out?

BANNED

We're getting Earth 2 the way it should be now -- as an occasional sideshow and not the setting for an ongoing.

Good job, DC.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-06-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I preferred it the way it was before Flashpoint. You had some of the older characters still around but you had a ton of interesting legacy characters. I don't need all the characters to be young.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I preferred it the way it was before Flashpoint. You had some of the older characters still around but you had a ton of interesting legacy characters. I don't need all the characters to be young.
    The real JSA is coming to this world, which is what's important.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

My pref would probably be for older G1 heroes. Actually, I want older G1 heroes in Earth Prime.

The Multiverse are nice places to visit, but you shouldn't want to live there. There should be zero Earth-2 books. Maybe a single Multiversity series that has varied content.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    My pref would probably be for older G1 heroes. Actually, I want older G1 heroes in Earth Prime.

The Multiverse are nice places to visit, but you shouldn't want to live there. There should be zero Earth-2 books. Maybe a single Multiversity series that has varied content.
    I disagree. I mean, I'm a proponent of the Golden Age characters being on the main Earth and existing before the "main" DC heroes, but Roy Thomas' work with Earth 2 that he did in Infinity Inc. and All Star Squadron was amazing, some of the best DC comics ever. I don't understand why you'd limit something like that from happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I disagree. I mean, I'm a proponent of the Golden Age characters being on the main Earth and existing before the "main" DC heroes, but Roy Thomas' work with Earth 2 that he did in Infinity Inc. and All Star Squadron was amazing, some of the best DC comics ever. I don't understand why you'd limit something like that from happening again.
    True. The beauty of an Earth 2 is that decades of experience of superheroes CAN have an effect on the planet where if these older heroes are placed on the main earth, the planet need to remain very close to what our earth is in order to maintain the multiple series going on currently.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Mostly because we're coming up on a century removed from the WWII era. Let it go, already.

But it's not that I don't want to see such stories. There should just be a single universe, with only brief forays into other universe, because the market just won't support it.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 02-07-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

I'm fine with anything that happens on Earth 2 now that the real JSA is out of there.

The return of Earth-2 and how it relates to the main Earth's continuity:

First, a basic rule that lets the original JSA and their families still be alive and somewhat active:
    Main Earth's present-day = Earth 2's 1995..

Why? I'd have Crisis happen at around 10 years ago across ALL affected Earth. Main Earth's continuity is dictated by our present, but Earth-2 doesn't follow the same rule. Crisis still happened in 1985 for them, so 10 years later, it's 1995.
    Both Earths are synced and whenever someone travels from main Earth's present to Earth-2's present, they arrive on 1995. That fixes the aging problem and makes sure that the same amount of time passes on both Earths, allowing characters to come and go between realities without aging differently.

Earth-2 was thought to be erased from existence, but their reality has either survived or been restored in a later Crisis.
    Even so, some of the characters truly believed their Earth was dead and took refuge on the main Earth until rediscovering their own Earth.
    That's the case with Power Girl. After Crisis, she spent years doubting her E2 origins and eventually found her own niche on the main Earth, having joined JLE and other teams. She still has friends on the main Earth and often travels back and forth.

Since Earth-2's heroes debuted in 1938, their society has been deeply changed and even in 1995, is more advanced than the regular DCU, which has a bigger resemblance to the real world. Take classic Earth and spice it up with some retro futurism.

PRESENT-DAY EARTH-2 (1995)

The main team is the Justice Society Infinity. A mix of the original JSA and Infinity Inc.
    Jay's generation would be around 70-80 and most of the originals would have retired, but Jay, Alan and Wildcat would be younger because of their powers.
    Bruce Wayne would still be dead and PG, Huntress and their generation would be around 30.
    Superman would be retired and Diana would be queen of the Amazons.

JUSTICE SOCIETY INFINITY
    Flash (chairman)
    Huntress (field leader)
    Power Girl
    Green Lantern
    The Wildcats (Ted and Yolanda)
    The Hawks (reincarnated)
    Black Canary II
    Fury
    Jade
    Obsidian
    Liberty Belle
    Hour Man
    Stargirl
    Dr. Fate (Khalid, mentored by Kent)
    Dr Midnight (Beth)
    Mr Terrific (Michael)
    Jakeem Thunder
    + recurring allies like Robin (Dick), Pieter Cross etc.

THE FUTURE OF EARTH-2
    - Starwoman (Courtney) leads the Justice Society of tomorrow.
    Note: there would be no direct offsprings of previous generations, letting this version of the team happen at any point in Earth-2's near future, since the cosmic staff would keep Courtney at around 30-35.

As for which books there'd be: I'd have these:
    - JSA Chronicles (stories of the original team, set in the past).
    - Justice Society/JSI: about the current team.
    - Huntress solo.
    - Power Girl solo.
    - Stargirl solo, to captalize on the show and also give glimpses of this Earth's future.

Actually I would prefer it to have the Golden Age be Earth 1 since it came first and the Trinity + Silver Age heroes/Modern DC be Earth 2

Astonishing Member

I'd like to see Earth 2 versions of the Titans/ Outsiders but that might be redundant with Infinity Inc around.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'd like to see Earth 2 versions of the Titans/ Outsiders but that might be redundant with Infinity Inc around.
    Yeah, Infinity Inc = Earth-2's Titans.
    I do think it would be fun to see a counterpart to the Outsiders.
    One thing they never really explored is Earth-2's international heroes. Maybe that could be a good concept to introduce a new team.
    I'd want to see versions of Vixen (maybe Amaya?) And maybe even Aquawoman from the New 52 version. I hated where that series went, but Aquawoman was actually an interesting addition for some world building.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, Infinity Inc = Earth-2's Titans.
    I do think it would be fun to see a counterpart to the Outsiders.
    One thing they never really explored is Earth-2's international heroes. Maybe that could be a good concept to introduce a new team.
    I'd want to see versions of Vixen (maybe Amaya?) And maybe even Aquawoman from the New 52 version. I hated where that series went, but Aquawoman was actually an interesting addition for some world building.
    My perfect earth 2 would change WW2 history by having the JSA and others fight in the War actively and the war ends more quickly, but the results are more violent as the Axis powers also have super-powered characters. There would be a new President in 1944 (probably Thomas Dewey). Soviet reaches into Eastern Europe would also happen, but the threat of using meta-humans to fight would be too great for any country as Green Lantern could easily bring a small asteroid down onto a city potentially causing an extinction level event. Other countries have their own meta-humans but in general, they stay withing their own nations. However, by 1995, I'd imagine boundaries would be drastically different.

An Earth 2 Atlantis could work. I didn't like the last minute addition of an E2 Aquaman pre-crisis, but with a total revamping, an Aquawoman works for me. However, I'd like to refrain form too many versions of main Earth characters. Any that are created and used should be different enough from their E1 counterparts so as to not be interchangable like Supergirl and Power Girl. This is, of course, my opinion.

The idea of Earth 2 is an Earth that has decades more experience with neta-humans and how that changes the planet. Without that, you might as well just do an alternate Justice League.