View Poll Results: Who should Squadron Supreme go after next?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scarlet Witch

15 24.19%
  • Beast

16 25.81%
  • Iron Man

14 22.58%
  • Blackbolt

15 24.19%
  • Doctor Strange

6 9.68%
  • Magneto

10 16.13%
  • Inhumans

8 12.90%
  • Mutants

2 3.23%
  • Cyclops

3 4.84%
  • Jean Grey

2 3.23%
  • Doctor Doom

13 20.97%
  • Reed Richards

4 6.45%
  • Legion

1 1.61%
  • Franklin Richards

3 4.84%
  • Other (Write In)

11 17.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Honestly, if you're going to go after serious bad guys or threats the list would be:

Hulk
    Magneto
    Apocalypse
    Dr. Doom
    Black Bolt
    Ultron
    Kang
    Thanos
    Red Skull
    Tony Stark (he's done enough to be on this list)

and then move on to lower level problems like:
    Frank Castle
    Carnage
    Dracula

Namor was first because not only has he done bad things from a planetary perspective (flooding NYC and invading the surface twice), but there was a personal connection to Dr. Spectrum's loss. Everyone else on the list is or has done very bad things and either did so deliberately or is a real threat. There's no comparing Hulk with say Franklin Richards. Franklin has the power to be a threat but not only is he a child, hes always either in control, or the threat is hidden. Hulk is right out there causing loss of property and life when he loses it. Franklin isn't. Others that have been mentioned only caused problems because of outside influence. Its why Cyclops isn't on this list.
    I fully agree except for Castle think SS has no reason to go after him or you have some reason? They are similar in some things.

I've voted "Other." They should go after themselves. Their acts are endangering their new earth more than anybody else on that list.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    How is it merciful to allow two entire universes to die, instead of one world, which was going to die anyway?

I don't think anyone is passing the buck. They are just sharing the buck.
    They didnt volunteer to kill off their world. Every time they pulled the trigger on another world instead of theirs, they sacrificed others for themselves. Its why the heroes of the storu couldnt do it. Its completely against their nature of self sacrifice. Sometimes mercy is not continuing the cycle of violence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    This is why you're my favorite CBS poster...

BANNED

How is it merciful to allow two entire universes to die, instead of one world, which was going to die anyway?

I don't think anyone is passing the buck. They are just sharing the buck.
    I just feel Hickman royally screwed Namor.

End of. :smh:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Pretty obvious given the names on this list: truly dangerous people are scarcely represented (Thanos ? Nope. Apocalypse ? Nope. Reed Richards is there...but the Maker isn't (!!!). Magneto is there...but not his squad of super-killers? Hmm, not phoney at all)...
    Beast is there, over Archangel, Iceman or Bishop somehow...Teen Jean is there, over the Hulk...okkkkkk...
    Whatever.
    It's presented as who the Squadron Supreme should "logically" go after...but the "logically" should have been dropped before putting out this list, doesn't fit at all.
    Quoted for accuracy.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    They didnt volunteer to kill off their world. Every time they pulled the trigger on another world instead of theirs, they sacrificed others for themselves. Its why the heroes of the storu couldnt do it. Its completely against their nature of self sacrifice. Sometimes mercy is not continuing the cycle of violence.
    Wow. Some Shuri supporters should take that bolded to heart. Sorry sidebar.

Yeah, that's why heroes like T'challa and Reed built a life raft and THEY and their families were on it, instead of sacrificing themselves so others could live.

But again. They didn't kill off any world, and thus sacrificed BOTH worlds AND two universes. They sacrificed two universes, for their own selfish moral feels. AFTER they took on the responsibility of saving the world, instead of sharing that responsibility with the rest of the planet. Their action was entirely selfish.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I just feel Hickman royally screwed Namor.

End of. :smh:
    In a lot of ways, I feel the same. He did make Namor the scapegoat of his story. He deconstructed him, and then did nothing (cause I really doubt he's going to 'fix' this in the last issue of SW) to reconstruct him.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Wow. Some Shuri supporters should take that bolded to heart. Sorry sidebar.

Yeah, that's why heroes like T'challa and Reed built a life raft and THEY and their families were on it, instead of sacrificing themselves so others could live.

But again. They didn't kill off any world, and thus sacrificed BOTH worlds AND two universes. They sacrificed two universes, for their own selfish moral feels. night's AFTER they took on the responsibility of saving the world, instead of sharing that responsibility with the rest of the planet. Their action was entirely selfish.
    Which member of T'Challa's family was on the life raft?

Hickman couldn't even be bothered to show us Shuri being skewered on the end of Proxima Midnight's spear whilst the rest of the Cabal laid waste to Wakanda and her people.

I'm afraid the Crying king of the Dead was the only Wakandan on that life raft.

BANNED

In a lot of ways, I feel the same. He did make Namor the scapegoat of his story. He deconstructed him, and then did nothing (cause I really doubt he's going to 'fix' this in the last issue of SW) to reconstruct him.
    I should let you know that I'm currently overdosing on Namor back issues dating back to 1968 so it goewith issapointed at what Hickman did wid s without saying, that I'm even more dissapointed with how Namor was misused pre Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Which member of T'Challa's family was on the life raft?

Hickman couldn't even be bothered to show us Shuri being skewered on the end of Proxima Midnight's spear whilst the rest of the Cabal laid waste to Wakanda and her people.

I'm afraid the Crying king of the Dead was the only Wakandan on that life raft.
    Yes, he was the only Wakandan, but he was on it. And Reed's entire family was on the raft. It's understandable, but it certainly doesn't fit HUTHAIFA claim of their self sacrifice getting in the way.

BANNED

Yes, he was the only Wakandan, but he was on it. And Reed's entire family was on the raft. It's understandable, but it certainly doesn't fit HUTHAIFA claim of their self sacrifice getting in the way.
    Ah I see where you're coming from now.

My opinion is that Namor gets TOO MUCH of the blame for destroying the planet. Tony, T'Challa, Reed, Beast, Strange etc. All have blood on their hands. They built those bombs Namor detonated. With out them Namor would of had anything to use to destroy that planet. ALL OF THE ILLUMINATI HANDS ARE COVERED IN BLOOD AND YOU DON"T WASH THAT OFF. That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-04-2016 at 05:41 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    My opinion is that Namor gets TOO MUCH of the blame for destroying the planet. Tony, T'Challa, Reed, Beast, Strange etc. All have blood on their hands. They built those bombs Namor detonated. With out them Namor would of had anything to use to destroy that planet. ALL OF THE ILLUMINATI HANDS AR$E COVERED IN BLOOD AND YOU DON"T WASH THAT OFF. That's my 2 cents.
    Namor literally was the scape goat.

I think even in a meta sense, he was used so that other characters like Reed and Iron Man wouldn't have this on their resume.

It's a bit unfair, but it also sort of makes sense.

For me personally that actually made Namor more sympathetic because of the impossible tough position he was forced into... though understandably a lot of opinions on Namor went the opposite direction.

BANNED

Why is Frank Castle being suggested? He shoots up criminals honestly I dont think Squadron Supreme cares...Nighthawk can probably appreciate some of the Castle Style.