Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Default Good Wolverine Stories Where He's Not the Main Character?

I don't know why, but I got this craving for some good Wolverine stories lately. But the thing is, he's like fish to me. I can only take it in small doses, and with something else to wash it down. I re-read Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, and I think that's generally the kind of thing I'm looking for -- stories where Wolverine is a somewhat prominent character, but not the most important or most focused on. Looking through my collection, it seems I don't have much of those at all, so I'd just like to ask you all for some suggestions?

Any recommendations are appreciated, but please leave out the following (have read them):

Claremont's first X-Men run
    Whedon's Astonishing X-Men
    Uncanny X-Force
    Battle of the Atom
    New Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Messiah Complex
    Second Coming
    "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 01-03-2016 at 09:48 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I'd go read some old X-men crossovers like X-Tinction Agenda or Fatal Attractions. He was pretty badass in both of those. X-Cutioner's Song is another favorite, but Logan doesn't have much of a role in it. He and Bishop go after Cable and end up having a big fight with him, but that's about it.

I really liked him in Deadpool's 'the good, the bad, and the ugly' not only does Wolverine get to be his standard badass self they sneak in some great character moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I really liked him in Deadpool's 'the good, the bad, and the ugly' not only does Wolverine get to be his standard badass self they sneak in some great character moments.
    Oops, forgot to add that to the list. Yeah, that story was great for Logan and Steve. They both had really good moments but didn't overtake Wade
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Oops, double post

Regular pulls:

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I liked Kyle & Yost's X-Force.
    Wolvie is the team leader but I think this book did a good job of having each member of the team have their moment in the sun.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Jubilee & Wolverine vol. 1

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    I liked Kyle & Yost's X-Force.
    Wolvie is the team leader but I think this book did a good job of having each member of the team have their moment in the sun.
    I liked that at first, but then it became the X23 story.

Mighty Member

God Loves, Man Kills. I think it was a standalone, not part of Claremont's run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I liked that at first, but then it became the X23 story.
    Not sure what you're talking about. She had one arc where she was the main focus (Not Forgotten). As MM said, the series rotated through all of the characters, and pretty much everyone got an arc.

I really can't stand anything Craig Kyle writes that has X-23 in it, so I'll have to give that one a pass.

But the other stuff sounds promising. So some nineties crossovers and Jubilee & Wolverine. Thanks, everyone

Regular pulls: