Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I loved the first Kanan trade. Despite Rucka Shattered Empire sucks. Drunk now, goodbye!

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I loved the first Kanan trade. Despite Rucka Shattered Empire sucks. Drunk now, goodbye!
    I agree... with this drunk person.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

So I finished the first trade of of Star Wars and Darth Vader and they are certainly both good. I must say that I found Darth Vader quite a bit better than the main book though. Is that just my affinity for Darth Vader and the dark side speaking or is there anybody else who feels that way?

Also read Shattered Empire and can agree that it wasn't that great and it certainly was not an important read for the movie. The only thing that it establishes is that the Empire is still moving on despite the death of the Emperor.
    Really liked the first issue of Obi-Wan and Anakin though.
    Planning now on reading the second trade of Darth Vader, Princess Leia and probably Kanan.

And lastly I will just leave these two pics here showing our new favorite Stormtroopers. I have a good laugh at least

"This is me being reasonable"

Marvel's Star Wars comics have been amazing so far. IMO Star Wars is the best comic being realised right now.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

The first Star Wars Annual and that Obi-Wan issue(I think it was #8 or #9) were both really great, but otherwise I'm struggling to keep any interest in the main book.

Man now I want an Old Man Luke book or something. Maybe after the next movie has established what is going on with Luke.

So I finished now all Star Wars material that has been released by Marvel so far with the exception of Chewbacca and yeah pretty much everything of it has been good.
    Darth Vader and Star Wars are obviously great and I really enjoyed the Vader Down crossover and the flashback issues with Obi-Wan specifically.
    I must say that I was really surprised and basically blown away by how good Lando was. From my first impression I thought that that would be one of the weaker books for me but damn was I wrong about that.
    Kanan is one of the weaker ones though but still decent. I can see why it's ending. It just feels like the story should be ending just by the way it's set up. I had that impression already after the first arc but of course stuff happened and we entered another arc of flashbacks.

BANNED

I find the Star Wars / Marvel history kind of fascinating.

Star Wars basically saved Marvel back in the 70's. Linewide the company was struggling and sales were going in the tank. Then they got the license to the Marvel Star Wars series which sold amazingly back then too and brought all kinds of new readers into Marvel - I was one of them as my first ever comic was Star Wars #14 back in the late 70's and like many others I then started reading other Marvel comics. Some industry experts have speculated that without Star Wars that Marvel may have folded back in the 70's.

Now today Star Wars is basically saving Marvel again. Take away the SW sales from 2015 and the outlook for Marvel looks very very bad (not DC bad but still bad). I'm not sure that the Star Wars sales now can draw in readers to other Marvel books like it did in the 70's but it it certainly seems like Star Wars may be Marvel's only hope.

Wow that cover for Darth Vader #20 is stunning