Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    When was that? When she had the power to kill a god?

I know she can't handle an entire army herself unless she has a lot of prep. I mean she did die while fighting an army. So took a lot with her, and gave them one hell of a fight, but that didn't stop them from decapitating her. Still; I'd say her performances easily puts her at least in the CBPH range in terms of abilities. I don't see a street leveller surviving all of the things she went up against anyway.
    it was during her time in china. the details are hazy but from what i remember, when she visited china as "the destroyer of nations" she was taken in by a woman named lao ma. she gave xena a sense of peace which allowed her to tap into some kind of chi power-up that could give her the power to destroy armies. it came up when she almost was executed by the emperor and she accessed it again, wrecking a ton of shit with kamehameha-type ki blasts. gabby asks her about it much later and wonders if she could do it again (i think it was the same ep she fought the persians in the barn). xena said she needed to be in a certain state of mind and it wasn't something she could do off-hand.

edit: ninja'd by iron fist.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I can't really think of anything in LOTR that Xena wouldn't just obliterate, Witch King would go down in minutes as would the ring wraiths (they're weak to fire, apparently, and Xena frickin' breathes fire on a dime), orcs no problem, Uruk-hai no problem.

Other than Xena getting swamped, I don't see any real opposition. The Balrog maybe but she's more than capable of taking out the watcher so they'd never have gone that deep into Moria once they discovered the bodies.

What's funnier if they could probably have taken the path watched by the crows because Xena would just chakram the sh*t out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    edit: ninja'd by iron fist.
    Ha, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I can't really think of anything in LOTR that Xena wouldn't just obliterate, Witch King would go down in minutes as would the ring wraiths (they're weak to fire, apparently, and Xena frickin' breathes fire on a dime), orcs no problem, Uruk-hai no problem.

Other than Xena getting swamped, I don't see any real opposition. The Balrog maybe but she's more than capable of taking out the watcher so they'd never have gone that deep into Moria once they discovered the bodies.

What's funnier if they could probably have taken the path watched by the crows because Xena would just chakram the sh*t out of them.

Ha, sorry!
    pretty much. xena could not only give hercules a good fight (many of their fights ended before they really see who was better), but she was probably the only mortal who could fight gods to a standstill. in fact, she's thrown down with ares many times and he was pretty much equal to herc in terms of fighting ability.

not to mention she's a great doctor since she was doing M.A.S.H.-style triage and surgery during a major battle.

Eh....movie witch king beat Gandalf , the dude who in the movies still survived the fall and the fight with the Balrog. Short of astounding PIS to let his guard down and allow a hobbit to sneak up behind him again ....the guy should just cripple her with a fear aura thing followed by going full ring wraith like they did in the Hobbit where falls off cliffs and whatnot scarcely hindered them till Galadriel went full Goddess

Also I'm not sure she could even hurt the guy . You need special blades to even do anything to the wraiths and not just...pass through

pretty much. xena could not only give hercules a good fight (many of their fights ended before they really see who was better), but she was probably the only mortal who could fight gods to a standstill. in fact, she's thrown down with ares many times and he was pretty much equal to herc in terms of fighting ability.

not to mention she's a great doctor since she was doing M.A.S.H.-style triage and surgery during a major battle.
    True, she'd probably find arrow ridden Boromir and be like "flesh wound. you big baby"

I wonder if her chakram could destroy the eye of sauron. It's mystically resistant to practically everything.

True, she'd probably find arrow ridden Boromir and be like "flesh wound. you big baby"

I wonder if her chakram could destroy the eye of sauron. It's mystically resistant to practically everything.
    i wouldn't go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Eh....movie witch king beat Gandalf , the dude who in the movies still survived the fall and the fight with the Balrog. Short of astounding PIS to let his guard down and allow a hobbit to sneak up behind him again ....the guy should just cripple her with a fear aura thing followed by going full ring wraith like they did in the Hobbit where falls off cliffs and whatnot scarcely hindered them till Galadriel went full Goddess

Also I'm not sure she could even hurt the guy . You need special blades to even do anything to the wraiths and not just...pass through
    Is this stuff from the books? Because I don't remember any of it from the movies.

i wouldn't go that far.
    Just thinking outloud.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

It's movie Sauron, he's basically a giant lighthouse. She could probably make him run for the Visine.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-06-2016 at 09:45 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Is this stuff from the books? Because I don't remember any of it from the movies.

Just thinking outloud.
    i think merry's blade was mystical but i can't really remember.

but i think xena can pick up something from riverdale or from galadriel if and when they get to her place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's movie Sauron, he's basically a giant lighthouse. She could probably make him run for the isine.
    ahhh there's that old man sharp hate for the movies.

i've missed it.

It's mostly book stuff.

The fear aura really wasn't showcased much in the movies, though.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

ahhh there's that old man sharp hate for the movies.

i've missed it.
    I'm a little meh on it now...but I can't pass up an opportunity to take a shot at them, still. ^_^
    Why are we here?

It's mostly book stuff.

The fear aura really wasn't showcased much in the movies, though.
    what does it do exactly?

I'm a little meh on it now...but I can't pass up an opportunity to take a shot at them, still. ^_^
    kekekekekekekeke.

i think merry's blade was mystical but i can't really remember.
    Books. Movies? Who knows? Aragorn handed them off to the Hobbits in Jackson's work.
    Why are we here?