Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default TV Green Arrow vs Movie Hawkeye

TV Green Arrow vs Movie Hawkeye

Stephen Amell vs Jeremy Renner

H2H should go to Amell. With arrows, they both have enough trick arrows to make this either a quickdraw or mutual death.

BANNED

Been done before. Arrow has the edge in h2h

I'll join the consensus on this one. Arrow hth but too close to call with bows and arrows.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I might give it to Hawkeye with standard equipment, as his explosive arrows seem more plentiful and like they pack a bigger boom. Hawkeye probably also wins a sharp shooting competition. But I think at 100 feet with normal arrows, Ollie's superior stats are going to come more into play because neither should be missing at that distance barring dodging.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I might give it to Hawkeye with standard equipment, as his explosive arrows seem more plentiful and like they pack a bigger boom. Hawkeye probably also wins a sharp shooting competition. But I think at 100 feet with normal arrows, Ollie's superior stats are going to come more into play because neither should be missing at that distance barring dodging.
    No doubt that Barton is the better marksmen. However, Ollie's stats aren't that much better that he would get a shot off and kill Clint before Clint can shoot. As for the explosive arrows, it doesn't really matter if Clint's are better as both are good enough to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    No doubt that Barton is the better marksmen. However, Ollie's stats aren't that much better that he would get a shot off and kill Clint before Clint can shoot. As for the explosive arrows, it doesn't really matter if Clint's are better as both are good enough to do the trick.
    Well, Ollie explicitly has feats for dodging arrows mid flight and deflecting them. Assuming Clint is also quick enough to do that, then you need to start factoring in the margin of error the two have for a miss to still kill. Hence, bigger boom = better odds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well, Ollie explicitly has feats for dodging arrows mid flight and deflecting them. Assuming Clint is also quick enough to do that, then you need to start factoring in the margin of error the two have for a miss to still kill. Hence, bigger boom = better odds.
    Why would we assume Clint can do stuff he hasn't got any feats for? That's not how this works, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why would we assume Clint can do stuff he hasn't got any feats for? That's not how this works, I believe.
    Yeah, Clint has no arrow catching feats in any of the movies.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I was being generous since I couldn't remember if he had any notable speed feats, like aim dodging during the big battles or anything. I don't see it especially mattering with standard equipment-- I'm pretty sure he was firing fast enough in the movies to loose an arrow before Ollie tags him, and his explosive arrows were so potent he only needs one. But with normal Arrows, as I said, Ollie's speed and other stats net him the win.

Nice profile pic, BTW.

Incredible Member

Personally I think they'd be about equally matched, just as they were in the comic "JLA/Avengers." So to the death, I see it as a real head-scratcher that could go either way. One advantage Clint might have is that his quiver holds far more arrows than Ollie's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Personally I think they'd be about equally matched, just as they were in the comic "JLA/Avengers." So to the death, I see it as a real head-scratcher that could go either way. One advantage Clint might have is that his quiver holds far more arrows than Ollie's.
    If they both run out though Ollie has better H2H feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    H2H should go to Amell.
    With Olivers superhuman level durability and vastly superior training? Before he took that break between seasons? I'd say he beats Hawkeye in H2H like a red headed step child actually.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Olli has superior speed. Perfect example of this is with Cupid, who casually caught an arrow fired from Red Arrow at close range. She shot an arrow at him, and he caught it. As she was about to fire her second arrow, Olli reached for his arrow and let it loose before she finished pulling the string of her bow back. She had already been aiming and drawing her arrow back, but Olli flat out blitz's her and draws and shoots before she could release her already drawn arrow. Which is pretty damn impressive. The second is actually a more recent speed feat is when diet Gambit tossed a card at Olli at relatively close range, and while it was flying through the air towards Olli, Olli just casually draws and fires his arrow and nails the card like it was nothing. Which isn't only an impressive speed feat, but also an accuracy feat as well considering the fact that the card is small, being sent at him at a fast speed, and is on a flat angle. And Oliver didn't even need to aim at it, he just drew and shot it casually. Arguably the best accuracy feat this Green Arrow has thus far actually.

The fact that Oli blitzed a street leveller(Cupid, as I mentioned before, casually caught an arrow fired at close range, so her reactions are above anything a real life human can do, yet below than of a typical CBPH) shows he is pretty high up there in reactions. He doesn't have enough of those feats to put him on CBPH, but enough to put him either in between or high end street leveller as far as reactions go. Then there is his striking feats, who are capable of casually breaking wood, putting holes through walls, and dents in metal(fight with Merlyn in Merlyns office is one of the several examples of this) and can at least take a little more damage than a Ringer, due to him taking hits from a blood lusted Mirakuru hyped Slade, Mirakuru hyped soldiers, and Mirakuru hyped Roy(who casually punches through steel), as well as him barely getting that badly hurt from being impaled and kicked off a high mountain with the only thing breaking his fall being.....the ground.

So..yea. Hawkeye is going to have a bad time.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Olli has superior speed. Perfect example of this is with Cupid, who casually caught an arrow fired from Red Arrow at close range. She shot an arrow at him, and he caught it. As she was about to fire her second arrow, Olli reached for his arrow and let it loose before she finished pulling the string of her bow back. She had already been aiming and drawing her arrow back, but Olli flat out blitz's her and draws and shoots before she could release her already drawn arrow. Which is pretty damn impressive. The second is actually a more recent speed feat is when diet Gambit tossed a card at Olli at relatively close range, and while it was flying through the air towards Olli, Olli just casually draws and fires his arrow and nails the card like it was nothing. Which isn't only an impressive speed feat, but also an accuracy feat as well considering the fact that the card is small, being sent at him at a fast speed, and is on a flat angle. And Oliver didn't even need to aim at it, he just drew and shot it casually. Arguably the best accuracy feat this Green Arrow has thus far actually.

The fact that Oli blitzed a street leveller(Cupid, as I mentioned before, casually caught an arrow fired at close range, so her reactions are above anything a real life human can do, yet below than of a typical CBPH) shows he is pretty high up there in reactions. He doesn't have enough of those feats to put him on CBPH, but enough to put him either in between or high end street leveller as far as reactions go. Then there is his striking feats, who are capable of casually breaking wood, putting holes through walls, and dents in metal(fight with Merlyn in Merlyns office is one of the several examples of this) and can at least take a little more damage than a Ringer, due to him taking hits from a blood lusted Mirakuru hyped Slade, Mirakuru hyped soldiers, and Mirakuru hyped Roy(who casually punches through steel), as well as him barely getting that badly hurt from being impaled and kicked off a high mountain with the only thing breaking his fall being.....the ground.

So..yea. Hawkeye is going to have a bad time.
    Agreed with almost everything, except that Cupid never caught an arrow, I just verified. Maybe you were confusing her with the Huntress, which I can't blame you for, given that both are crazy female vigilantes with a thing for Ollie.