Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Have taken anatamoy classes, most of the comic book versions of that pose are still impossible.
    Well, the boob/butt shot is evidently not. Also, *anatomy.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Bah, on my phone, bad typing on phone... I did say 'most' , it is possible to do the boobs and butt shot but most of the time comic artist rotate the the hips and/or shoulders way to far.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Bah, on my phone, bad typing on phone... I did say 'most' , it is possible to do the boobs and butt shot but most of the time comic artist rotate the the hips and/or shoulders way to far.
    Not all artists are freaking Michelangelo. No one said everything had to photo-realistic.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Yeah, people get way to overdetermined about what they think the body can and cannot do. The above picture of some random cosplayer, just for starters. But more to the point, the human body is extremely flexible when worked in that direction, and I would put forth that most heroes are closer to the contortionist side of what is possible with their bodies than the 45-yo with a desk job who hasn't stretched in half a decade... On top of that, exaggerating poses, torques and whatnot, implies bodies in motion, and the snap around that comes right before or after the image -- a driving staple of creating the illusion of motion in a static medium.

But whatever...

Here's a one-side-at-a-time pose of AZ Powergirl as Domino.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    But more to the point, the human body is extremely flexible when worked in that direction, and I would put forth that most heroes are closer to the contortionist side of what is possible with their bodies than the 45-yo with a desk job who hasn't stretched in half a decade...[/IMG]
    Never mind the fact that highly flexible individuals like contortionists tend to have very different builds than the average superhero...

^ And different power sets and home planets and dimensions...

Look, I'll tell you that I don't even have a problem with "the internet" calling out the hero comics industry for objectifying women. I agree. It's not good. And it could be much better. But 15 minutes at Escher Girls made me think this is the wrong specific to hang that argument on, as it devolves quickly into factually wrong cheap shots instead of actually digging into the problem.

Classic. X-Mansion Swimming Pool.

Margie Cox, Little Wren, Alys Snuggiemouse, and Michael Cox. Photo by AMP Cosplay. Good stuff. http://ampcosplay.tumblr.com/

Found a very cool Deviant Art page with all kinds of Phoenix and Rogue cosplay. Here's a sample:

Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

^ That's a great shot.

Meanwhile, I don't have words for the level of epic achievement involved in this:

Magik: Pixiequinncosplay.

Meanwhile, I don't have words for the level of epic achievement involved in this:

Co-signed! So freaking epic! Hats off to Maya!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Classic. X-Mansion Swimming Pool.

Margie Cox, Little Wren, Alys Snuggiemouse, and Michael Cox. Photo by AMP Cosplay. Good stuff. http://ampcosplay.tumblr.com/

Love this! Miss the time where the X-Men hang out by the pool or at the beach and they had those outraging 90's swimsuits

In dog days, all we need is Frost.

BANNED

Magik: Pixiequinncosplay.

Love this.