Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Batman and Robin Eternal #14 Preview / Discussion

Batman and Robin Eternal #14

Source: CraveOnline

http://www.craveonline.com/art/93975...bin-eternal-14

Summary: Mother has trapped Grayson, Cassandra and Harper in her Nursery. Will they escape her clutches or be vaporized in a nuclear blast?
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Oh, cool. More flash back of puppy dog Dick not measuring up. Well at least the art looks half decent.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-05-2016 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Oh, cool. More flash back of puppy dog Dick not measuring up. Well at least the art looks half decent.
    With a little luck he will be vaporized in a nuclear blast

BANNED

I feel dirty reading about Dick not measuring up.

Lol this is beyond obsessive. Thank God I don't write comics.

It has been 13 issues and there has been nothing really that celebrates Batman or Robin. The Cass + Harper etc. is not to blame cause I honestly feel you could have accomplished both tasks, but they have focused on mistrust instead of Detective work and lack of confidence instead of fighting against crime and corruption with an undying oath to justice. Did Tynion or anyone involved not read a Golden Age Batman and Robin story to ensure they actually celebrate 75 years of history?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    It has been 13 issues and there has been nothing really that celebrates Batman or Robin. The Cass + Harper etc. is not to blame cause I honestly feel you could have accomplished both tasks, but they have focused on mistrust instead of Detective work and lack of confidence instead of fighting against crime and corruption with an undying oath to justice. Did Tynion or anyone involved not read a Golden Age Batman and Robin story to ensure they actually celebrate 75 years of history?
    Who cares? DC just wants our money

Incredible Member

Seriously? the hate comments keep coming, even though they all always come from the same soure, and its about the supposed "mis-treatment" of a character that has had the main focous of this story on him since issue 1.
    * whatever * ...
    About this preview, Once again the flashcbacks focus on past Batamn and Dick Grayson (that didn't toke long...)...Cass had the flasbacks focused on her for...2 issues...
    Anyway, its nice to see that scarecrow is going to show up again.

Rookie Dick not measuring up *rimshot*
    I'm sure there are worst fates
    although the flashbacks are getting tedious

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Yup
    Also, people sometimes want their favourite characters to contribute more to a story than what they actually can give.

Of course it could be worse, but why does have to be this bad in the first place?

If they didn't keep hammering the same crap over and ove maybe it wouldn't be this tedious for you or irritating for me.

The relationship between Batman and the various Robins is one of the best in DC comics. Why they would publish a miniseries that's supposed to celebrate that, and instead essentially make it about Harper and Cass, is beyond me. Deceptive advertising practices. If they have a Harper and Cass sotry to tell, fine. There's probably a better place to do it than a comic called "Batman and Robin Eternal."

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Of course it could be worse, but why does have to be this bad in the first place?

If they didn't keep hammering the same crap over and ove maybe it wouldn't be this tedious for you or irritating for me.
    It could always get worse
    I'd be worse if they made rookie Dick who never needed help while quipping
    This is more along the lines of how I'd see Dick or any Robin functioning
    I suppose you have a point about the hammering it home over and over. Just eliminate the flashbacks 13 issues left

It could always get worse
    I'd be worse if they made rookie Dick who never needed help while quipping
    This is more along the lines of how I'd see Dick or any Robin functioning
    I suppose you have a point about the hammering it home over and over. Just eliminate the flashbacks 13 issues left
    Oh you mean like they have been writing Harper and Cassandra.

The problem is not that he is insecure is that it has been the same thing for 14 issues, without learning and progress or well nothing that makes it wort it. And sure, eliminate the part that actually has Batman and Robin from Batman and Robin: eternal, it is not like the story can get more hypocritical anyway.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 01-05-2016 at 06:21 PM.

BANNED

DC can't seem to come up with new angles for the new characters they're trying to ship--they just cannibalize the REAL fan-favorites.