Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Ewing's "Ultimates" Transform Galactus, Travel "Outside" the Known Marvel Universe

Al Ewing spoke with CBR about the cosmic shakeups in "Ultimates," from Galactus' new direction to voyages far beyond the Marvel Universe.

Full article here.

BANNED

This book has been the new F4/FF (hickman) for me. It's been my number 1 pull from Marvel and my highest interest.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

Easily the best title of the relaunch. Can't wait to see where it goes next.

Still not a fan of the changes to Galactus.

That aside, this is a fun book. Definately fills that void the FF leaves.

All-New Member

So when does issue #3 come out? Diamond (previewsworld.com) shows it coming out tomorrow, the article says it will be out next week and I can't find it at all on marvel.com.

Amazing Member

They've certainly picked up Hickman's love of punking Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaric Rivad View Post
    They've certainly picked up Hickman's love of punking Galactus.
    That didn't end up as bad as I feared it might have been.

Really the only aspect I thought that was really jobbing was the Ultimates being able to force Galactus into that chamber thing. The rest was believable enough I suppose... though maybe it's a bit weird that no one else thought of doing what they did until just now.

I still don't like the overall change in Galactus... but if it's only a temporary thing I can live with it.

I'm not initially 100% sold on the new status quo for galactus but I'm excited to see where this goes next. I wouldn't go as far as to say I think this is the best ANAD title so far but this is definitely must read. Keep up the excellent work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That didn't end up as bad as I feared it might have been.

Really the only aspect I thought that was really jobbing was the Ultimates being able to force Galactus into that chamber thing. The rest was believable enough I suppose... though maybe it's a bit weird that no one else thought of doing what they did until just now.

I still don't like the overall change in Galactus... but if it's only a temporary thing I can live with it.
    It will be aroudn long enough until someone wants to tell a "Galactus is gonna eat us" story.

I like this "beating" Galactus a lot better than some others. At least it changes some stuff, opens up some new stories to tell, likely will bite them in the ass anyway so *shrug*

The "future" stuff in arcs is always hit or miss, but in Thors Future when he becomes King Thor and such, Galactus was still eating worlds. So...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It will be aroudn long enough until someone wants to tell a "Galactus is gonna eat us" story.

I like this "beating" Galactus a lot better than some others. At least it changes some stuff, opens up some new stories to tell, likely will bite them in the ass anyway so *shrug*

The "future" stuff in arcs is always hit or miss, but in Thors Future when he becomes King Thor and such, Galactus was still eating worlds. So...
    Yeah, I enjoyed that they approached the situation more as a problem that needed to be solved rather than a threat they had to punch in the face.

That said, I hope next time around there's a bit more fighting. I still want the fighting.

Really hope this book sticks around and doesn't get editorially neutered.

BANNED

Can't wait to see what is in store for MAC and Spectrum. All the other characters are mostly "meh" to me, but if something good with them happens as well, all the better.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Such a fine series. Loving it so far and finally a title for Rocafort to stretch his wings. Al Ewing is pretty quality IMO.

Astonishing Member

Hmm...well this interview seems to dampen my hope for having Galactus actually joining the team. It seems like instead of wanting Galactus to find a way to join the team, he instead wanted to go at a unique way of attacking/approaching Galactus, which is fine, but no where near as unique as a team that is actually joined by Galactus. Still, the art and story is awesome, features some of my favorite characters, it's easily top 3 book in comics for me.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They had to do it. These days everybody and their dogs could beat Galactus. It's better to change his status the keep people like Squirrel Girl beating him.