Spectacular Member

Default Rogue Trooper vs Captain America

I've never posted in this sub-forum before, however I'm curious to know if anyone is familiar with both characters & if so, who would theoretically win if these two characters were to battle each other? Rogue Trooper is a character in a self-titled strip from 2000 AD. If you're not familiar with the character, here's a link to a comic wiki page http://www.comicvine.com/rogue-trooper/4005-41562/

It's been a while since I read Rogue Trooper but he doesn't have any speed/strength feats that stack up against Cap. His gear will make this a fight, well Helm not soo much, mainly Gunner and Bagman's variety of weapons, but I can still see Cap closing (unless Rogue can get off a mini nuke attack in which case double KO)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfo View Post
    It's been a while since I read Rogue Trooper but he doesn't have any speed/strength feats that stack up against Cap. His gear will make this a fight, well Helm not soo much, mainly Gunner and Bagman's variety of weapons, but I can still see Cap closing (unless Rogue can get off a mini nuke attack in which case double KO)
    *Thread Resurrection (I totally acknowledge this is an old thread)

I thought Rogue was Superhuman? I mean, aren't all G.I.s in the Rogue Trooper comic superhuman or are they just genetically enhanced humans who are immune to the hazardous air of Nu-Earth?

I think I'll go with Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Savant View Post
    *Thread Resurrection (I totally acknowledge this is an old thread)

I thought Rogue was Superhuman? I mean, aren't all G.I.s in the Rogue Trooper comic superhuman or are they just genetically enhanced humans who are immune to the hazardous air of Nu-Earth?
    G.I's are immune to most toxins/gasses/poisons and are stronger/faster/smarter than your normal human (I vaguely recall Rogue bending metal once) but they don't really compare to CBPH. His weapons though make this an interesting fight.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfo View Post
    G.I's are immune to most toxins/gasses/poisons and are stronger/faster/smarter than your normal human (I vaguely recall Rogue bending metal once) but they don't really compare to CBPH. His weapons though make this an interesting fight.
    To elaborate on this, since my man here is using board lingo and Savage Savant is new, the barometer for what constitutes superhuman or the peak of what a human can accomplish varies drastically from one medium to another. Cap comes from a comic book setting where a human can kill a lion or a rhino with their bare hands, casually bench 1100 pounds, and run a mile in just under a minute. This would be super human in the real world, or in a more realistic setting like Game of Thrones.

On the other hand, Master Roshi is ostensibly human, but in the Dragonball world a human can fly, blow up the moon by pointing at it, pluck machine gun fire out of the air, etc. Master Roshi will smoke Captain America, and/or plenty of super humans.

So here we look at the feats for what characters accomplish to peg their strength/speed/durability and what have you.