Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Conor McGregor vs The Mountain (Game of Thrones)

Inspire by

So who wins?

Seem I wasn't clear, it's the actor Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson vs Conor McGregor in unarmed combat.
    Last edited by HFMM; 01-05-2016 at 06:00 PM.

Well, the Mountain has a sword as standard equipment so that might be a problem for Conor...

That video kinda says it all, there's just a point where a size advantage against two people in excellent physical shape gets insurmountable(one guy's having to punch up, the others punching down), there was a couple moments in that video where if it was remotely serious Hafthór would have just ended Conor.

Yeah, I love that video. But, in character for Rumbles, the Mountain gets a sword and some sort of armor. Poor Conor.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 01-05-2016 at 05:48 PM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Yea, it's fairly obvious the big guy isn't even trying.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 01-05-2016 at 05:52 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

He's a gentle giant.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    He's a gentle giant.
    That can carry half a ton on his back.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Yeah Hafthór's INSANELY strong, he's finished 6th, 3rd, 3rd, and 2nd in four worlds strongest man competitions and has deadlifted 990lbs

Gentle bears are still gentle
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    That video kinda says it all, there's just a point where a size advantage against two people in excellent physical shape gets insurmountable(one guy's having to punch up, the others punching down), there was a couple moments in that video where if it was remotely serious Hafthór would have just ended Conor.
    To be fair; if it was an honest to god real fight then there is no reason for Conor to not go after the guys knees. He has pretty easy access to them due to the size and speed difference.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    go after the guys knees. He has pretty easy access to them due to the size and speed difference.
    The speed difference isn't much, and while Hafthor is not a UFC fighter, he know enough about fighting to defend his knees. "Go for the knees" is only something that works against people with no fight training at all.

This is two real-life people, not comic book characters. Conor is dead, dead, dead. There's a reason that they have weight classes in the UFC (and in any respectable fight league period)

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    The speed difference isn't much, and while Hafthor is not a UFC fighter, he know enough about fighting to defend his knees. "Go for the knees" is only something that works against people with no fight training at all.

This is two real-life people, not comic book characters. Conor is dead, dead, dead. There's a reason that they have weight classes in the UFC (and in any respectable fight league period)
    Hell, if Hafthor FELL on top of him during the pin, Conor would be fucked.

Arx Inosaan

The knees comment reminds me of Kingpin from the Daredevil movie
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    The knees comment reminds me of Kingpin from the Daredevil movie
    Too soon, man.

I still miss Michael Clarke Duncan.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    To be fair; if it was an honest to god real fight then there is no reason for Conor to not go after the guys knees. He has pretty easy access to them due to the size and speed difference.
    there is actually, and it's that Hafthór's knees are roughly as high as Conor's upper thigh, and any fighter will tell you higher kicks are inherently more risky, they put you more off balance, more susceptible to being knocked even further off balance and are easier to counter in general, and it's not like knees are made of balsa wood or something, Hafthór's knees are built to support a 420 lb body builder, they're probably pretty dang tough. And finally, getting close enough to delive a kick with any power puts him WELL inside Hafthór's reach.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-08-2016 at 02:00 PM.