Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Every episode of Shield etc where the heroine always gets her gun knocked out of her hands so there has to be a drawn out hollywood kung-fu fist fight. What, female agents aren't allowed to shoot someone? Should read about the WWII female agents and what they had to go through.
    Brilliant, it all makes perfect nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I totally agree.

If you like it, that's cool. I'm certainly not saying no one should like it, I'm saying I don't.

I tend to disagree here. Ronan is literally at the end of his mission, all he has to do is slam his hammer down, I don't think he'd care that some guy was acting like an idiot. Basically this...

https://youtu.be/d0K436vUM4w?t=126

Sure, he /could/. But it's important to realize why he didn't. Ronan wanted to rub it in first. If all he wanted to do was destroy XAndar immediately, he wouldn't have started off with the grand speech about them renouncing their paltry Gods and what not.

All-New Member

I have to say in the new Mad Max when they find out the green zone doesn't extist. They decide to go back to Immortan Joe's city. And 5 minutes later they are back. Where did they get the gas? How did they get through the swamp? How did they get past the super storm? Why didn't they pass anyone on the way back? Lots of questions on that one.

This is more of a TV thing, but whenever the fire looks really, really fake I get upset. Normally, CGI can trick me, and even when it doesn't I don't mind, but a fake fire? Yikes.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

Not a specific scene or trope, but I'm finding the near extinction of opening credits in movies to be very annoying.

Since the prequels have already been mentioned...

Obi-Wan: Palpatine is evil!

Anakin: From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!

Yes, George Lucas is a visionary. Very few can build mythology like him. He's one of the legendary directors of our time. But any single one of us in this thread could have written that exchange better thanks to a second draft, or not writing like a 4th grader.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    It's even dumber that they beat Ronan with the power of friendship. The part of that film that gave me second-hand embarrassment was the close up on Quill's face after he joins hands with the rest of his team. Gawd, so stupid.
    Yeah that part was kind of lame too, but not as bad as the dancing scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Sure, he /could/. But it's important to realize why he didn't. Ronan wanted to rub it in first. If all he wanted to do was destroy XAndar immediately, he wouldn't have started off with the grand speech about them renouncing their paltry Gods and what not.
    It's not like he was interrupted midway in his speech or anything though. He was done with his speech and literally started to bring his hammer down, honestly, in that moment he shouldn't have even noticed Starlord's dancing and even if he did he already sent his message. The only reason why that scene is in there is because the Director/Writer thought it would be "cute" and "funny" and sure, people did find it cute and funny, heck I'm willing to concede that most people found it cute and funny. But I found it dumb and cringe-worthy. Otherwise I thought, and still do think, it is a great movie.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Since the prequels have already been mentioned...

Obi-Wan: Palpatine is evil!

Anakin: From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!

Yes, George Lucas is a visionary. Very few can build mythology like him. He's one of the legendary directors of our time. But any single one of us in this thread could have written that exchange better thanks to a second draft, or not writing like a 4th grader.
    "George, you can write this ****, but you can't say it!" - attributed to Harrison Ford on the set of the original Star Wars.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    "George, you can write this ****, but you can't say it!" - attributed to Harrison Ford on the set of the original Star Wars.
    In this example you can't even write it. No one, in a heated debate, would bother saying "From my point of view". This scene could have been great but it's really brought down by bad delivery by Anakin, and horrible lines by George. I actually love the prequels but this scene really bothers me.