View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bitch Planet #6

1 3.70%
  • Black Science #19

1 3.70%
  • Dark Corridor #6

0 0%
  • Elephantmen #68

0 0%
  • The Fade Out #12

15 55.56%
  • Four Eyes: Hearts of Fire #1 (of 4)

1 3.70%
  • Mythic #6

0 0%
  • Nailbiter #19

1 3.70%
  • Paper Girls #4

8 29.63%
  • Saints #4

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #11

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've liked this arc of Black Science, but I don't think it's been my favorite. I like knowing who these characters are, especially Grant, and I think it's handled well, but I want more dimension hopping madness than introspection and parental issues. I'm not sure how interested I am in learning about Grant's college years, either, but I'm probably sticking with the book for the long run at this point.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

And so, with no hesitation, I adds m'vote t' The Fade Out. Wellllll, could've been Paper Girls, but I haven't read it yet. And Stray Bullets most often gets my vote any week it appears; this time, though, I'm in agreement with Ragdoll: "Stray Bullets: Am I jaded if I don't like Amy Racecar issues as much any more? ... next issue... Preferably not another prequel, but picking up where the bigger stories were taking place." No, Rags, much as I really, really like it, and still like early Amy issues, I gotta agree, y'aint alone on this'n.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Bitch Planet was fantastic. The comparisons with OITNB are inevitable and sometimes superficial, but I have to say I love how they both switch between the brewing troubles within the present day ensemble and the individual stories of the characters that make the cast.

Paper Girls was okay. BKV hasn't been hitting it out of the park recently for me and he is almost always a must-buy. Barrier may take time to take off, but Paper Girls and the recently-concluded We Stand On Guard have been pretty underwhelming IMO.

I'll get to Nailbiter, Saints, Mythic, and The Fade Out someday. Heh.

Paper Girls for me.