Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stories You're Looking Forward To

What Spider-Man stories are you looking forward to the most? This could be something that was solicited/ announced in interviews, or seems to be clearly set up by the narrative.

I'm looking forward to Peter Parker encountering Venom now that he knows that Flash Thompson is the host. It seems like the most significant plot point Dan Slott has seeded that hasn't yet reached fruition.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

What Kaine has been up to in Loom world
    2099s current arc
    Silk finding her parents
    Also Miles's new origin in 616/8, although I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it, I don't trust Bendis.

For me, nothing is grabbing me as much as the Santerians story running in the "point" issues. Love Bianchi's art and I was really jonesing for a street-level Spidey story; the story has it's flaws for sure but I am enjoying it much more than anything else since RYV.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    What Kaine has been up to in Loom world
    2099s current arc
    Silk finding her parents
    Also Miles's new origin in 616/8, although I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it, I don't trust Bendis.
    If there's anything you can trust Bendis with, it's gritty stories and Spider-Man stories. The man gets Spider-Man.

But yeah, Miles' book is easily my most anticipated Spider-Thing coming up.

BANNED

The return of Doc oc. I dont really care if he comes back as a version of superior spider-man or in some cloned body or something as long as he comes back. Maybe jackel can make him a new improved version of his original body or something like that. It could even tie into the the fact that we have seen a lot of supposed dead characters like the rhinos wife come back.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    If there's anything you can trust Bendis with, it's gritty stories and Spider-Man stories. The man gets Spider-Man.
    But I don't think he's trustworthy with paying attention to continuity.

Incredible Member

But I don't think he's trustworthy with paying attention to continuity.
    What continuity, though? There's a 16 month gap in there to excuse anything, really. Plus, Bendis is always good about his own continuity, and since this is Ultimate Miles just moving over, that'll be well intact.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    What continuity, though? There's a 16 month gap in there to excuse anything, really. Plus, Bendis is always good about his own continuity, and since this is Ultimate Miles just moving over, that'll be well intact.
    Did you read Ultimate End?

Mighty Member

I remain eternally hopeful that Spencer and Lieber will return to "Superior Foes" at some point. I am very happy for Spencer, as he has seemingly been kicked up a notch at Marvel. He's writing the upcoming Avengers event, "Standoff", and was given "Captain America" with the relaunch. I just hope the larger profile doesn't keep him from doing a book that seems to have a ceiling, sales wise, no matter how brilliant and entertaining it may be.

Norman returning never seems to get old for me. I'm looking forward to the big comeback arc.

Peter becoming involved with the Avengers? Even as just the bankroll?

I'd like to see Schinick revisit his Hobgoblin-as-evil-motivational-speaker take from "Axis". It was a really funny mini, kind of "Superior Foes"-ish. Unique and refreshing.

Jeff Loveness wrote a trio of specials that I really enjoyed recently involving the Inhumans and Spidey, called "Inhuman Error". Spidey as a mentor to the young Inhumans, like he did recently with the X-Men and Avengers Academy, would be a story I would be into.

How about a Future Foundation-type of group, funded and supported by PI? A place for young, talented people to explore and create... We might have seen the seeds of that already, when Peter gave that kid who helped him during the goblin attack a... I forget exactly, was it a scholarship, or internship? something along those lines. That would fit really well with his science-teacher background.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I remain eternally hopeful that Spencer and Lieber will return to "Superior Foes" at some point. I am very happy for Spencer, as he has seemingly been kicked up a notch at Marvel. He's writing the upcoming Avengers event, "Standoff", and was given "Captain America" with the relaunch. I just hope the larger profile doesn't keep him from doing a book that seems to have a ceiling, sales wise, no matter how brilliant and entertaining it may be.

Norman returning never seems to get old for me. I'm looking forward to the big comeback arc.

Peter becoming involved with the Avengers? Even as just the bankroll?

I'd like to see Schinick revisit his Hobgoblin-as-evil-motivational-speaker take from "Axis". It was a really funny mini, kind of "Superior Foes"-ish. Unique and refreshing.

Jeff Loveness wrote a trio of specials that I really enjoyed recently involving the Inhumans and Spidey, called "Inhuman Error". Spidey as a mentor to the young Inhumans, like he did recently with the X-Men and Avengers Academy, would be a story I would be into.

How about a Future Foundation-type of group, funded and supported by PI? A place for young, talented people to explore and create... We might have seen the seeds of that already, when Peter gave that kid who helped him during the goblin attack a... I forget exactly, was it a scholarship, or internship? something along those lines. That would fit really well with his science-teacher background.
    It was a scholarship. Beyond that, I really like the idea of a Parker Industries-sponsored Future Foundation, perhaps Peter picking up where the Fantastic Four left off with guiding the next generation of brilliant creative minds. And yeah, if Peter's dealing with S.H.I.E.L.D. all the time already, it's only a small step to bring him back to the Avengers a major revenue source for the team/organization, even if he's not lending out his Spider-Man alter ego for Avengers missions anymore. Closer to home, since he already made a new costume for Miguel O'Hara, it would also be a small step further to using Parker Industries to support and equip other spider-related heroes in the Marvel Universe, and tying back to your mention of Hobgoblin, I could see Peter ending up as Kingsley's competition and Kingsley wanting to snuff him out by any means necessary. Plus, it'd be a good excuse to bring back Lily Hollister continuing in her new heroic role as Queen Cat, just for the awkwardness and tension that could ensue between her and Peter and Harry, given everything that's transpired between them and that she's currently dressed as a color-inverted version of Peter's ex-turned-murderous wannabe "Queenpin of Crime."
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 01-06-2016 at 04:52 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Did you read Ultimate End?
    Yes. spoilers:
    It shows Miles arriving on 616 Earth, with no explanation of how he got there. But he's very clearly surprised to see his mother, who he expects to be dead. He may not be fully aware of everything that happened, but clearly it's not just a different character with the same name. It's not 616 Miles, it's still Ultimate Miles.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It was a scholarship. Beyond that, I really like the idea of a Parker Industries-sponsored Future Foundation, perhaps Peter picking up where the Fantastic Four left off with guiding the next generation of brilliant creative minds. And yeah, if Peter's dealing with S.H.I.E.L.D. all the time already, it's only a small step to bring him back to the Avengers a major revenue source for the team/organization, even if he's not lending out his Spider-Man alter ego for Avengers missions anymore. Closer to home, since he already made a new costume for Miguel O'Hara, it would also be a small step further to using Parker Industries to support and equip other spider-related heroes in the Marvel Universe, and tying back to your mention of Hobgoblin, I could see Peter ending up as Kingsley's competition and Kingsley wanting to snuff him out by any means necessary. Plus, it'd be a good excuse to bring back Lily Hollister continuing in her new heroic role as Queen Cat, just for the awkwardness and tension that could ensue between her and Peter and Harry, given everything that's transpired between them and that she's currently dressed as a color-inverted version of Peter's ex-turned-murderous wannabe "Queenpin of Crime."
    Yeah, the FF-revisited idea just came to me, and the more I think about it, the more I like it! If it ended up being a mash-up of "Avengers Academy" and "FF" (two of my favorite books), I would be super into that. Cardiac, Curt Connors, a reconciled Morbius, even Pym (when he comes back)... So many other science-y guys could be teachers/"scared straight" style mentors. If you happen to be reading this thread, Mr. Slott, any thoughts?

Would like to see something big with Venom.
    More info on Otto/Robot.
    Harry/Norman encounter.
    Silver Sable, ever find her?
    Hoping for a fill-in arc company wide for the 8 months after SW.
    What's Kingpin been up to?

The return of Kaine.
    Miguel's ongoing adventures in 616 and how he might save 2099.
    Web Warriors future.
    Miles new start.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Would like to see Peter with a love interest that doesn't get instantlly axed. Even a Silk round 2? Felt like it had potential. Now that she has her own book I don't see that one happening though.