Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Amazing Spider-Man, #6

• One of Spider-Man's most terrifying villains, MISTER NEGATIVE, has followed him to Shanghai.
    • In Mister Negative's service are two beloved Marvel heroes. Wait, TWO HEROES?!
    • What is Mister Negative's plan and how did he convince two fan-favorite heroes to join him? Pick up this issue to find out!

Full article here.

Mighty Member

I just read the issue. Seems that one of Peter's employees, Dr Wu, has a bit of a problem with foreigners and resents working for Peter because of it. Still, he seems more human than Sajani. Peter is still dating Lian Tang. Scott seems to be slow walking it unlike what he did with Carlie Cooper.
    Last edited by rward777; 01-02-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Pretty enjoyable setup issue. The new artist did a nice job. Hadn't heard of him before. Can someone fill me in on when Cloak & Dagger switched powers? There was one line from Pete to the policeman that made me go hmmm. It sounded almost like Otto talking, but then he catches himself and says the pc thing. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Wu could be another Sajani. We shall see!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Pretty enjoyable setup issue. The new artist did a nice job. Hadn't heard of him before. Can someone fill me in on when Cloak & Dagger switched powers? There was one line from Pete to the policeman that made me go hmmm. It sounded almost like Otto talking, but then he catches himself and says the pc thing. (It could be Peter getting tired from the extra responsibility like Johnny said last issue)Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Wu could be another Sajani. We shall see!
    Wu seems like a toned down version of Sajani. He seems to be more of a nationalist instead of a greedy career hog like Sajani.

Pretty enjoyable setup issue. The new artist did a nice job. Hadn't heard of him before. Can someone fill me in on when Cloak & Dagger switched powers? There was one line from Pete to the policeman that made me go hmmm. It sounded almost like Otto talking, but then he catches himself and says the pc thing. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Wu could be another Sajani. We shall see!
    I caught the line. I thought it just showed that the pressure's getting to Peter.

I thought Cloak and Dagger switched powers in the Spider Island tie-in.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

. Only if Wu tries to cut a secret deal with Mr negative.
    Last edited by rward777; 01-01-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I caught the line. I thought it just showed that the pressure's getting to Peter.

What do you think of Peter dating Lian Tang so far? At least Slott is not overdoing it like he did with Carlie Cooper or Silk.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Wu seems like a toned down version of Sajani. He seems to be more of a nationalist instead of a greedy career hog like Sajani.
    Could be. In his defense, the green energy thing does seem pretty important and he is about to get his breakthrough.

Mighty Member

Could be. In his defense, the green energy thing does seem pretty important and he is about to get his breakthrough.
    Wu's reason for calling the local police seems to hint his resentment towards foreigners and having to work for one.

That's right!

Astonishing Member

Your are right, Cloak and Dagger switched powers at the end of Spider-Island, but we didn't see them again until now. I don't get why they stayed loyal to Mr Negative, because they didn't have a reason in the first place.

I don't blame Peter for what he said to the policeman. I don't see Otto in it, just a regular guy who has always had a "simple" life who suddenly has a lot of complications in his life.

By the way, I don't know why Mr Negative is after Peter, but now he's going to be in a very tricky situation. You should not fear because of Peter being inverted, because it's possible that it won't work. Back in a previous battle against Mr Negative, Spidey was victim of his "inverting touch"; but after his evil self almost chokes Betty Brant, he surpassed it and return to normal. Then, in their next encounter, Spidey said that he suspected that Megative "Turning-people-bad-touch" worked "only one ride for client"; because otherwise, Mr Negative would have tried again. Mr Negative then recognized that Spider-Man was right. So, if that rule is still on, that means Mr Negative won't be able to corrupt Peter again; but if Peter shows that Mr Negative's touch doesn't affect him, it could give him a clue about Peter's secret identity. So, I believe Peter will have to follow Mr Negative's orders for the time being, hoping to fool him long enough to avoid his secret being discovered. In the meantime, Peter will surely find a way to negate Mr Negative's touch and drug, possibly to explain Mr Negative how Peter surpassed it and to restore Cloak and Dagger back to normal.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Your are right, Cloak and Dagger switched powers at the end of Spider-Island, but we didn't see them again until now. I don't get why they stayed loyal to Mr Negative, because they didn't have a reason in the first place.

I don't blame Peter for what he said to the policeman. I don't see Otto in it, just a regular guy who has always had a "simple" life who suddenly has a lot of complications in his life.

By the way, I don't know why Mr Negative is after Peter, but now he's going to be in a very tricky situation. You should not fear because of Peter being inverted, because it's possible that it won't work. Back in a previous battle against Mr Negative, Spidey was victim of his "inverting touch"; but after his evil self almost chokes Betty Brant, he surpassed it and return to normal. Then, in their next encounter, Spidey said that he suspected that Megative "Turning-people-bad-touch" worked "only one ride for client"; because otherwise, Mr Negative would have tried again. Mr Negative then recognized that Spider-Man was right. So, if that rule is still on, that means Mr Negative won't be able to corrupt Peter again; but if Peter shows that Mr Negative's touch doesn't affect him, it could give him a clue about Peter's secret identity. So, I believe Peter will have to follow Mr Negative's orders for the time being, hoping to fool him long enough to avoid his secret being discovered. In the meantime, Peter will surely find a way to negate Mr Negative's touch and drug, possibly to explain Mr Negative how Peter surpassed it and to restore Cloak and Dagger back to normal.
    Who knows what the destruction and recreation of the marvel universe changed?

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    What do you think of Peter dating Lian Tang so far? At least Slott is not overdoing it like he did with Carlie Cooper or Silk.
    I don't mind it. It's really low-key as far as this is usually depicted in the comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

Good call on Mr Negative. I would also like to see C&D switched back. The dark daggers don't seem as ominous as the big dark cloak.

Mighty Member

I don't mind it. It's really low-key as far as this is usually depicted in the comics.
    does Mr negative's inversion touch only work one time or has the destruction and recreation of the marvel universe changed that?