Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Generally I'm adverse in killing characters, but I'll be happy if she dies.
    She's unnecessary and I can't connect to her, there's no room left in the batfamily
    I am all in favour of cutting some of the older branches of that family tree to make room for some new growth...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    I hope they all make a pretty book in birds of prey, but they leave Cass out of it, because according to Batgirl #50 solictation, the new Birds Of Prey book will have the awful art of Batgirl which is a no-no for me.
    I don't care where Cass shows up, as long as they writte her accordingly. (i might be wrong, but i think she will start showing up on the Batman main title, she's back and all, and theres nothing holding her back, Scott likes her even.
    Cass would at least add some thing different to the team. If you look how many tech guys they allready have in the Batgirl title (Babs, Frankie, Luke, Quadir), i don't really see the point of adding Harper.

I some how doubt that she will show up much in the Batman title, even Scotts pet chars (Harper and Duke) hardly appear.

Incredible Member

Harper would've been a much better characther if she'd never met the Batfamily or become a hero. The idea in Court Of Owls of Harper just being like a citizen and a fan was quite neat... I like it when Gotham is populated by citizens with no Bat connection, it makes for good alternative perspectives... like the old army guy in No Man's Land who wouldn't move house or be intimidated. He didn't suddenly have to become the new Nightwing. Harper and Cullum and the criminal Dad would've been a good reccuring snapshot of the gotham public.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    Harper would've been a much better characther if she'd never met the Batfamily or become a hero. The idea in Court Of Owls of Harper just being like a citizen and a fan was quite neat... I like it when Gotham is populated by citizens with no Bat connection, it makes for good alternative perspectives... like the old army guy in No Man's Land who wouldn't move house or be intimidated. He didn't suddenly have to become the new Nightwing. Harper and Cullum and the criminal Dad would've been a good reccuring snapshot of the gotham public.
    Pretty much and remember that Ellie girl from the Morrison era? that's another good example. Harper would have been better off as a Nightwing fan showing up in the Nightwing series and helping Dick with the tech stuff. Not every character has to become part of Bruce's inner circle.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Pretty much and remember that Ellie girl from the Morrison era? that's another good example. Harper would have been better off as a Nightwing fan showing up in the Nightwing series and helping Dick with the tech stuff. Not every character has to become part of Bruce's inner circle.
    Yep. More Gothamites with personality and without intentions to become a sidekick/hero. Give me a Diner scene like the Nighthawks painting anytime
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 01-09-2016 at 11:12 AM.

I would like more of these characters to work within the fabric of Gotham so they can find a place in the Batworld. Putting on a costume in Gotham is not an immediate path to success and really need careful treatment by its creator. Would Damian be the character he is today if he did not have Morrision steering the ship? I know some people did not like him until Tomasi but the groundwork had been laid down carefully prior to then and a close bond with the Bruce and Dick made things easy. Every Azrael has eventually ended up in obscurity just like the one who was recently introduced in B&R:E will eventually become. Batwing no longer has his costume and is in his civvies in Batgirl. More organizations should be introduced in Gotham so you can place all these people in areas they can help but not operate on the same level.
    Gotham City Mystery Analyst could be an organization a lot of these characters could find a home as a team with clear structure.

BANNED

I like Harper a lot--it seems like she just hasn't had a really good story or arc yet outside of her supporting appearances.

Yeah I like Harper too
    She was great in the early Batman issues
    Its kinda sad that a lot of people in the batman fandom have this complex about liking new characters.

It's kind of a bit douchey to hope a character dies just because you're not a fan of them.
    Like Stephanie and Michael Lane and Onyx and Howard the mechanic, Harper will stick around as long as writers have stories they want to write for her.

Personally, I hope someone has a long term plan for her. I really liked her early appearances, but since she's become Bluebird she's been a little abrasive. But then, that makes for a good contrast with the other women of the Batfamily. Barbara is studious and serious, Steph is happy-go-lucky, Cass is Cass, and Harper is the aggressive confrontational one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Cass would at least add some thing different to the team. If you look how many tech guys they allready have in the Batgirl title (Babs, Frankie, Luke, Quadir), i don't really see the point of adding Harper.

I some how doubt that she will show up much in the Batman title, even Scotts pet chars (Harper and Duke) hardly appear.
    Babs has been more "in the field" now than ever...and it seems that Black Canary will be appart of that team...also Cass doesn't appear on that promotional cover (thank god, hope she isn't included in that, if i ever read a comic with Cass on it with Batgirls title current art i think that i would have a heart-attack)

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    . . . if i ever read a comic with Cass on it with Batgirls title current art i think that i would have a heart-attack
    Maybe you should consult with a physician?

BANNED

I think Harper must be a "fan-favorite" only if you count Scott Snyder as a fan.

Astonishing Member

Although this is a Harper thread I keep on thinking Alfred's daughter will die instead. She knows who Batman is and it would make such a dramatic scene for Alfred to be distraught after her death. I don't want anyone to die but it just seems that's the only way to correct Julia knowing his identity.

BANNED

I'm undoubtedly going to be in the minority here, but there's not really anyone in the Bat-cast I don't like at the moment, come to think of it.

I've read all of Snyder's run up to the start of "Superheavy", and I'm about halfway through "Batman Eternal" right now. Julia, Harper, Steph, Tim, Jason, Babs, Duke--they're all pretty great characters with their own role seemingly to play. I think that speaks a lot to the strength of the Bat-titles right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Yeah I like Harper too
    She was great in the early Batman issues
    Its kinda sad that a lot of people in the batman fandom have this complex about liking new characters.
    Nope,she has no story she just tags along for no reason other than someone high up likes her and in the process she steals elements from other characters to stay relevant. When she stops wearing the Nightwing costume and stops stealing Steph's relationship with Cass and stops being another techie then maybe I'll like her. Those early issues with her were just filler, Snyder never could find the time to place in her in his actual epics. If her own creator cant give her an arc then the character is a dud.