Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb Namor remembrance thread in wake of death and argument threads.

I am send this from my IPhone so I am limit, my apologies. I realize that my thread was put into the appreciation thread recently. I understand but I would like permission to re-create the thread, it was created in the light of allot of harsh feelings and even harsher talks between posters that a positive thread for fans have some time and ability to show Why they like Namor and bring a sense of balance to the negative discussion threads.

I ask this with all respect towards the MODs I have and respect of the rules. This is to create a sense of balance and celebrate a hero for fans during a time of morning and heated discussion threads, to bring a sense of joy and respect to those fans going thru this hard time.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

WARNING: MARVEL COMICS SPOILERS ENSUE

I understand your passion and where you are coming from respectfully CJS, but that is what the Appreciation Threads are for. A vigil for fallen heroes may be a good idea since it seems more and more are being killed off in recent years, but I believe the celebration idea and posting panels, etc. is basically what the Appreciation thread is already there for, making the celebration one a bit redundant, despite the timing.

As far as the character in question and some negativity surrounding him, that being Namor, he has been involved in controversial storylines and characterizations over the past couple of years and hence that tends to boil over on comic book message boards and probably brick and mortar store round tables. Marvel brewed up a pick this side or that one scenario and that's how it goes. Everyone should try their best to keep it civil and respectful even when discussing with fans of opposing viewpoints. Namor's ultimate SPOILER ALERT....demise just seems to be the latest hot button controversial decision. Feel free to discuss the event in the issue thread(s) and celebrate the Sub-Mariner on his Appreesh Thread. Thanks - GH