View Poll Results: Who is your new favorite character?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Khmala Khan.

43 47.25%
  • Miles Morales.

18 19.78%
  • Sam Alexander.

8 8.79%
  • GoldBall.

4 4.40%
  • Other.

18 19.78%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Default Who is your favorite new character?

Out of all the new characters that came out these last few years. Who is your favorite new addition?
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Aracely
    But I voted Kamala.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

While I like Miles Morales well enough and will be looking forward to getting his new series in the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe, my favorite new Spiders are Silk and Spider-Gwen, if Spider-Gwen doesn't get discounted for being an alternate version of Gwen Stacy. Then there's Andi "Mania" Benton in the last issues of Flash Thompson's first Venom series, who really should come back sometime soon, and Aracely/Hummingbird from Kaine's Scarlet Spider series and New Warriors. Coming from the world of 2099, my favorite of the most recent additions to the MU is Captain America 2099, a.k.a. Roberta Mendez. I rather like how the Captain America persona is every bit as idealistic and noble-hearted as the original and current Captain Americas (Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson) and how the artist, Will Sliney, draws her with visible, prominent muscles in light of the Super-Soldier Serum having the same effect for her that it did for Steve Rogers. I'm also intrigued by her rather unique twist on the superhero's double identity, insofar as she's a conditioned split personality with her civilian alter ego Roberta completely unaware of her other self, and I'd look forward to further exploration of the ethics and repercussions of that situation.

P.S. Thank you, Highland Chicken, for reminding me of Aracely. Aracely is love, Aracely is life.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 01-06-2016 at 04:03 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    P.S. Thank you, Highland Chicken, for reminding me of Aracely. Aracely is love, Aracely is life.
    You're welcome
    But I'm fairly certain she's fear and sacrifice

Niffleheim

msk.jpg

I can't choose between Miles and Sam. They are my favorites followed by Cindy Moon, Kamala Khan, Verity Willis and Singularity.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-07-2016 at 04:15 PM.

BANNED

Goldballs simply because I liked Bendis's run on Uncanny X-men and Goldballs was funny.

Couldn't care less about Miles or Kamala as I don't read either book and have no desire to read yet another teen age coming of age superhero story. Sam Alexander though makes me want to punch something because they killed off Rich just to promote Jeph Loeb's baby and do another teenage coming of age superhero story. If you can't tell I'm extremely bored of that trope.

Kamala certainly not like to place she in an Avengers team with so little experience but it helped increase his popularity for sure.
    I wish the best for the character.

For me it really is a tie between Kamala Khan and Robbie Reyes. Kamala is a fun character who I love to read as she is so enthusiastic about being a hero while Robbie Reyes really got me into Ghost Rider and was a lot of fun to read.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Marisol Guerra aka Flourish/Creep

Am really enjoying Sam Alexander!!!
    novaactionfig.jpg
    Endeavor to persevere.

So many:
    Khan and Bruno and her family.
    Cindy Moon/Silk
    Gwen Stacy of Earth-65/Spider-Woman/Spider-Gwen (she is not 616 version plus has her own different characterization and history thus I count her as a different person and a different character overall who I love more then the 616 version and some others)
    Singularity due to the new A-Force book released today.
    Miles is growing on me fast.
    Nancy from Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.
    Dawn from Silver Surfer
    Tara from Howard the Duck

The new ladies of Marvel has been lovable for me or just plain rocking it in some form!

Plus I started my comic-book reading thanks to "Edge of the Spider-Verse #2" so many characters for me is new-ish.

I pick other but of the ones' on the list named I pick Khan.

Oh, definitely Kamala. She's a fantastic character. I love how idealistic she is. She doesn't just want to punch bad guys. She wants to help people. She actually hates hurting people, even bad guys. That's very rare in superhero comics. Plus, she's just a lot of fun.

I do love Goldballs, too. He's Goldballs! Of this list, he'd be my second vote. But I love a lot of new characters. In general, I'd rather read about new characters than the same damn characters that have existed since the '60s and '70s.

BANNED

I'll go with Reyes. Great design, a decent book and a pretty loveable character. Certainly not original, but he was a good addition to the GR mythos. Besides, as I said, the design is perfect!

Well that one's easy.

KAMALA

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Miles and Kamala: a love story in the making. Heh.