Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    It sounds like you didn't read the previous post. Centipede was afraid of discussing the art issue because the artist is Asian. I pointed out that there is no logic in saying Asian artist doesn't draw (what your westerners call racist) caricature. So based on this new info, I concluded my feeling stems from the fact caricature is used on "bad guys", and it feels uncomfortable to see the Hulk sporting those features prominently.
    Yeah that makes more sense. Like I said, I didn't think you meant it sound like Asians were negative.

That being said, I don't think it's too bad. He looks like a kid with some Asian features. The only person to really gauge the severity of his characteristics would be his sister because she's the only other Asian character in the book.

Also, with the exception of a few pages of iron man, almost every characters who's face you see is female, and Frank Cho likes to draw "pretty lady's" which explains the whole cute thing.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

It sounds like you didn't read the previous post. Centipede was afraid of discussing the art issue because the artist is Asian. I pointed out that there is no logic in saying Asian artist doesn't draw (what your westerners call racist) caricature. So based on this new info, I concluded my feeling stems from the fact caricature is used on "bad guys", and it feels uncomfortable to see the Hulk sporting those features prominently.
    Hulks appearance isn't a caricature though. Outside of his distinct eyes, I'm not seeing anything. That would be like saying Sam Wilson is a caricature of black people people because he doesn't have long flowing hair.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Yeah that makes more sense. Like I said, I didn't think you meant it sound like Asians were negative.

That being said, I don't think it's too bad. He looks like a kid with some Asian features. The only person to really gauge the severity of his characteristics would be his sister because she's the only other Asian character in the book.

Also, with the exception of a few pages of iron man, almost every characters who's face you see is female, and Frank Cho likes to draw "pretty lady's" which explains the whole cute thing.
    That's a good point! I checked back and Miles didn't show his face so all others in present time are females. Also the former AIM supreme leader also looks very cute. Just saying. I'm not sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Hulks appearance isn't a caricature though. Outside of his distinct eyes, I'm not seeing anything. That would be like saying Sam Wilson is a caricature of black people people because he doesn't have long flowing hair.
    Of course not a total caricature because he's the (monster) hero, but just compare the #1 cover art with interior art. They definitely revised the design to add more "Asian" features, eyes, eyelashes, jaws etc. It's not even an art style thing. It's some intentional choice made.

Mighty Member

That's a good point! I checked back and Miles didn't show his face so all others in present time are females. Also the former AIM supreme leader also looks very cute. Just saying. I'm not sexist.
    That's not you, that's cho. He enjoys his sexy volumptious lady drawings. Seriously, go look at his website...unless that kind of thing offends. then don't, lol.

I am loving this series. Though can someone please tell me the comic where Amadeus Cho was reunited with his sister? The last time I saw Amadeus in a comic was the Chaos War. I am assuming I somehow missed a big Amadeus Cho plot somewhere.

Check out Fear Itself: The Home Front, Savage Wolverine and Avengers/New Avengers Time Runs Out. I think that concludes all his appearances after Hercules. I think what you are looking for hasn't existed yet.

Extraordinary Member

This and The new Ultimates with Rocafort and Ewing are my favorites right now. This how comics is supposed to be.

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Really enjoyed this issue!