Default Is the new season of American Crime cossing the line

In the ripped from the headlines story it is telling. I mean we all know the story it is telling. At least with law and order svu they don't drag it out over the course of a season. As if we aren't under a barrage of vile news stories the way it is. Just looking to the right of my facebook page leaves me angry and hoping for a post apocalyptic world in my near future.

BANNED

No I dont think they are crossing the line.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I'm not sure which headlines they're ripping, but it's called American Crime. If they're not dealing with crime in America, they're doing something wrong.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

I don't really see a "line" here. This isn't the first time that rape--male or teen--has been addressed in a crime show.

Incredible Member

I don't see a problem with it. I watched the premiere when it got an early release on iTunes, and was absolutely fascinated by it. John Ridley won an Oscar for 12 Years a Slave, and the first season of American Crime received critical acclaim. I'm trusting that he will handle the subject matter carefully. I think it's dealing with something that isn't often acknowledged. It happens in life, and is being dealt with. There are supposed to be multiple themes this season, including socioeconomic inequality, sexual orientation, and male sexual assault, all of which are modern day topics. I'd say it's far too early to say it's crossing a line, and we should see how the season plays out before making a claim like that. I for one am onboard to see what happens.

Worse things happen in the real world on a daily basis. This is a tv show, hardly something worth getting upset about.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

It's only crossing the line if they tell the story poorly. Being a season long isn't bad, that's how long it actually takes (or much longer) for these cases to be investigated, go to trial and result in either conviction or acquittal. They're rarely cut and dry.

However it's not my idea of how I want to spend my time so I won't be watching it.
    PS you can "x" out ads and trending topics on Facebook you don't like and either pick it doesn't interest you or even it offends you.