Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    My guess is they were trying to avoid anyone who would be earmarked for a movie.
    I wonder if then Nightwing and Batgirl/Oracle got picked up by the Batman movies? Dick and Babs were to be in this, supposedly.

I don't get why people think this increases chance of DCEU Titans. The network weren't told they couldn't use the property/characters, they chose not to go forward because they didn't like the pilot script etc.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

well this sucks but its TNT so i don't really trust networks unless its the CW if only they were developing it instead then it would have been coming this fall. If its networks like FOX, CBS, or NBC either they cancel a DC show after one season or make a DC Show suck like Supergirl and Gotham they even announced a full season order on Supergirl even though it will cancel if Ratings will not improve because its CBS they suck

Good. Make a show when DC will actually use the same characters both on tv and on the big screen.

Fantastic Member

Thank god cause I rather have a L.E.G.I.O.N tv series

I wonder if Hawk and Dove appearing in Titans Hunt was to tie in with this show before it got canned.
    I'm not a long time Titans reader, but I didn't think the two of them were that big a part of the team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baba3231 View Post
    Good. Now we just need official word that the Cyborg film will be expanded into a Titans film instead.
    I'm probably wrong here...but aren't they planning on going with the current Cyborg that is a member of the Justice League and was not member of the Titans?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I wonder if Hawk and Dove appearing in Titans Hunt was to tie in with this show before it got canned.
    I'm not a long time Titans reader, but I didn't think the two of them were that big a part of the team.
    Not officially, but both were frequent guest stars. (They did join Titans West for a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    I'm probably wrong here...but aren't they planning on going with the current Cyborg that is a member of the Justice League and was not member of the Titans?
    They are, but one doesn't necessarily preclude the other. Do a Justice League film where he helps found that team, and then a few years later, a Titans spin-off where he meets a bunch of young heroes and teams up with them.

All-New Member

DC Entertainment has created a bit of a mess with Cyborg.

Teen Titans is their other, viable superhero franchise after the Justice League. Cyborg is a pretty key part of the Titans dynamic along with Dick Grayson, Starfire, Beast Boy and Raven. They all kind of fit together as a group and have a long history across lots of media together.

Like the Titans, the JLA has five characters that are deeply associated with the brand: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern. However, Green Lantern and (to a lesser extent) The Flash could be any one of several different versions. DC Entertainment is weirdly committed to Hal Jordan as THE GL for some reason. This is despite him failing to successfully branch out into film, or animation. Using Hal over John Stewart makes the core of the JLA super white.

So, DC Entertainment has attempted diversify the line-up by race bending Aquaman (which rarely works) and strip-mining their second best franchise (which NEVER works). It is sad.

This Kevin Reilly at TNT is obviously a fool. He canceled Rizzoli and Isles also. Remember the idiots name. In case you get to tell him off someday. TNT is going way downhill.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I don't get why people think this increases chance of DCEU Titans. The network weren't told they couldn't use the property/characters, they chose not to go forward because they didn't like the pilot script etc.
    That's only what they said though. For all we know, DC may have changed their tune on the idea of a Titans series. The Titans series pilot was announced prior to DC announcing their film slate, and with recent rumors that DC was looking into changing their Cyborg film to a Teen Titans film, it could be that DC decided they'd rather not use the idea on television when they could be using it for the films. It seems like their film slate got figured out on the later side, otherwise we likely wouldn't have The Flash currently on television. Especially since TNT was planning to change the name from Titans to Blackbirds, it seems very likely DC wasn't fully in on the idea of doing a Titans series anymore.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm not at all surprised by this. It sounded like it was going to be a mess anyway.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    well this sucks but its TNT so i don't really trust networks unless its the CW if only they were developing it instead then it would have been coming this fall. If its networks like FOX, CBS, or NBC either they cancel a DC show after one season or make a DC Show suck like Supergirl and Gotham they even announced a full season order on Supergirl even though it will cancel if Ratings will not improve because its CBS they suck
    The latest episode of Supergirl had a 23% ratings increase from the last episode in the 18-49 demographics to a 1.9 and a 20% increase in total viewers to 8.75 million viewers. I'd say that's an improvement in ratings.

He could still very easily be in a Cinematic version of the Titans as the leader+link to the JL.