Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657 LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If a former U.S. president is put in prison, does the Secret Service stay in prison with him or her? Asking for a friend.
    I doubt that even if your friend is convicted, he'll do prison time...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If a former U.S. president is put in prison, does the Secret Service stay in prison with him or her? Asking for a friend.
    I really, really hope we find out.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Characters that become invisible can still see in movies including Hollow Man, any of The Invisible Man movies, etc.
    A human being invisible has a flaw because a human can't absorb light to see so how exactly did the Hollow Man, the Invisible Man, and any other invisible characters still have the ability to see instead of becoming blind?
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Characters that become invisible can still see in movies including Hollow Man, any of The Invisible Man movies, etc.
    A human being invisible has a flaw because a human can't absorb light to see so how exactly did the Hollow Man, the Invisible Man, and any other invisible characters still have the ability to see instead of becoming blind?
    Warren Ellis sorta addressed this in an issue of Planetary. A character who was basically an evil version of the Invisible Woman wore special glasses in order to see.

Boisterously Confused

Beyond Pizza and BBQ (that latter will get you cut up in down in Dixie, BTW) is there another food so hotly debated as to whose region has the best?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Beyond Pizza and BBQ (that latter will get you cut up in down in Dixie, BTW) is there another food so hotly debated as to whose region has the best?
    Chili comes to mind. Texas claims any variation with more than just meat isn’t really chili.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Hummus throughout the Middle East.

Hummus and The Hummus Wars: A Delicious Story of Controversy

Kipapi

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Chili comes to mind. Texas claims any variation with more than just meat isn’t really chili.
    Yeah, but it's not like Arizona, New York and Georgia have jihad quality disputes with Texas and each other over chili the way BBQ regionophiles do.

Borscht has several variants, the most well-known originating from Ukraine. As expected, there are some tensions over the origin between Ukraine and Terrorrussia.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I’ve always wondered how heavy Asgardian (non magical) weapons are.

As a kid I read in the Marvel Handbook…

…that average Asgardians are in the 25-30 ton range strength wise.

Even exceptionally strong humans don’t use swords weighing more than 5lbs (and that’s considered way heavy). I can’t see Asgardians using 5lb swords.

Invincible Member

So, looking up old Atlas/Seaboard titles from the70's...comics with Neal Adams and Howard Chaykin art, etc are very reasonable priced. However "Vicki" which in fact are reprints/reworkings of "Tippy Teen" from the 60's are somehow going for like $80...?

Boisterously Confused

Why do some of us still suffer miserably from allergies? If Darwin was right, shouldn't evolution eliminated us back in the hunter-gatherer stage?

Does free will really exist?
    We’re all subject to emotional reactions to outside events. Those emotions and how we act regarding them are determined through learned behavior based on feedback from similar experiences and genetic predilections inherited from our parents. On some occasions we have the presence of mind to halt those emotional knee-jerk behaviors and act with planning and forethought but I’d argue that even those instances are subject to a degree of emotional interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Does free will really exist?
    We’re all subject to emotional reactions to outside events. Those emotions and how we act regarding them are determined through learned behavior based on feedback from similar experiences and genetic predilections inherited from our parents. On some occasions we have the presence of mind to halt those emotional knee-jerk behaviors and act with planning and forethought but I’d argue that even those instances are subject to a degree of emotional interference.
    Not in the biblical sense that all our actions are determined by our decisions. We have a certain amount of autonomy, but Free Will, in caps, doesn't exist.
    Using it as an excuse of why God allows evil is stupid and heartless.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!