Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Jon Stewart the comedian-actor seriously said New York Pizza is pizza, and Chicago Deep Dish pizza is not pizza.
    THat's very hypocritical and an asinine conclusion because Chicago Deep Dish pizza same as New York pizza and other pizzas is made with marinara sauce, cheese, and dough.
    Would he list reasons to defend his asinine hypocritical conclusion, or would he do the smart thing admitting he's wrong about his statement that Chicago Deep Dish pizza isn't pizza?

Also why do any persons seriously foolishly argue that Chicago Deep Dish pizza isn't pizza if they know Chicago Deep Dish Pizzas are made with the same 3 ingredients as other pizzas?

He also stated the factual error that Chicago Deep Dish pizza is a casserole.
    Persons don't eat casseroles with their hands which is why seriously saying Chicago Deep Dish pizza is casserole is asinine.
    So how did he seriously arrive at that asinine conclusion that a Chicago Deep Dish pizza is a casserole?
    If I got a cup of milk and sprinkled tealeaves on it and added a pinch of hot water to it, would it be a cup of tea or a cup of milk with some **** in it? I mean, it has the exact same ingredients as a cup of tea, so it must be a cup of tea, right?

No.

A Chicago deep dish pizza is a pizza because it is called a pizza. The concrete ingredients of something doesn't determine what it is named. We have linguistic concepts, how they are tracked isn't determined by their correspondence to real concrete material in the world. We don't call human lungs bodies of water because they are 83% water.

John Stewart might not literally have a part of the male reproductive anatomy where his head should be, but it is still perfectly understandable and correct for me to call him a dickhead.

Did the writer of the sequel Friday The 13th Part 2, and writers of all the other Friday the 13th sequels not see the glaring logical issue of never explaining why the kid Jason Voorhees didn't drown in Crystal Lake?

Highly illogical that he didn't die according to Friday the 13th Part 2 because the kid Jason Voorhees can't swim, and it's never explained how that same kid that can't swim didn't drown in Crystal Lake.
    Maybe that inspired the awful lazy writing for A Nightmare on Elm Street Dream Warriors because that movie retcons Nancy died in the 1st movie, and never bothers to explain why she isn't dead in the 3rd movie.
    Where you are going wrong is you assumed the filmmakers cared.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I'm joking too. Now Dominos, that ain't real pizza.
    I eat it now and then, but it isn't the best. At any rate, it beats the pizza they serve at Chuck E. Cheese by a mile. Only a kid would think that was great.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I eat it now and then, but it isn't the best. At any rate, it beats the pizza they serve at Chuck E. Cheese by a mile. Only a kid would think that was great.
    I am fortunate to live in NY, so I don't have to subject myself to chain pizza restaurants.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post

John Stewart might not literally have a part of the male reproductive anatomy where his head should be, but it is still perfectly understandable and correct for me to call him a dickhead.
    Here is were you make your mistake in attributing malice to Stewart.
    Jon Stewart the comedian
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

I'm joking too. Now Dominos, that ain't real pizza.
    Not only is Dominos not real pizza, it is an abomination, violating The Laws Of God And Man. :P

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Cause I don't call that big round loaf of bread a crust. I also don't think Stoufers bread pizza is pizza.
    That doesn't change Chicago Deep Dish Pizza is pizza.

Boisterously Confused

That doesn't change Chicago Deep Dish Pizza is pizza.
    You, Heretic, Must Burn In Hell!!

Of course, whatever it is that those people in Chicago do in the deep dish is damned delicious.

And Boston Cream Pie is actually cake!

Retired

I liked Jon Stewart but not every joke he made was a work of perfection. He made a joke about the winter olympics (so this must have been in 2014) where he said that they were just for all white countries like Canada. I still am mad about that--Canada is not all white--the United States and Canada have about the same percentage of white people--72% caucasian in the U.S. and 72.9% in Canada. There's people of colour in Canada--the demographics just tend to be different. For example, the U.S. has .8% indigenous people while Canada has 4% (according to sources I checked online). I felt like Stewart was making Canada appear to be much more racist than the United States, for a cheap laugh.

I don't think he meant to say more racist, just white. But yes, it was a cheap joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I liked Jon Stewart but not every joke he made was a work of perfection. He made a joke about the winter olympics (so this must have been in 2014) where he said that they were just for all white countries like Canada. I still am mad about that--Canada is not all white--the United States and Canada have about the same percentage of white people--72% caucasian in the U.S. and 72.9% in Canada. There's people of colour in Canada--the demographics just tend to be different. For example, the U.S. has .8% indigenous people while Canada has 4% (according to sources I checked online). I felt like Stewart was making Canada appear to be much more racist than the United States, for a cheap laugh.
    That's not even funny.

When there is a "Deep Dish..." version of the Totino's Party Pizza?

That's when we can start to discuss if a "Deep Dish" pizza is actually a pizza.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

According to an episode of the tv show Cobra Kai, Daniel's victory that involved kicking Johnny's face with the crane kick is a legal victory that was used so persons would quit debating that the climax with how Daniel won by kicking Johnny's face is a plot hole.

Why did the writer seriously expect the audience to understand the referee saying the saying no hits to the face to mean no punches to the face in The Karate Kid?
    Punching the face is illegal as shown because Johnny was awarded no points when he punched Daniel's face, and kicking the face is legal because Johnny wins the Tournament with kicking the bastard Johnny's face.
    Why did he seriously not just have the referee say No punches to the face that wouldn't confuse the audience?

Blumhouse didn't want persons to mistake (2018) Halloween as a remake of (1978) Halloween.
    Then why did they not give this direct sequel to (1978) Halloween a different name instead of reusing the exact same 1 word name?

(2018) Halloween is the only movie sequel whether direct or stand alone that reuses the same freakin name as the first movie which is one of the worst awful feats to have.
    The writers of Robocop 2 , John Wick Chapter 2, Under Siege 2 Dark Territory, Guyver Dark Hero, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, and other movie sequels didn't reuse the same name of the first movie because they knew it would be an extremely dumb idea including unoriginal for a movie sequel to have the same name as the first movie, and would be wanting to have their cake and it to for the audience to accept a movie is a sequel with reusing the same name as the first movie.