Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Terrible writing because it is a plot hole, this would be like John delaying for more than 60 minutes to use the fire alarm also call the Cops after Hans and his crew took over Nakatomi Building.

Also, he could have told his neighbor that he saw at the Church which does help him in the movie in the climax so that is another no excuse for him to delay using the obvious solution before he leaves the Church.
    No arguments here but HOME ALONE is basically a live action cartoon and it's got a solid emotional core, so I can easily overlook stuff like this. But it's fun to talk about the discrepancies!

I mean, you also have the issue that the police don't look into who Kevin's staying with after the Wet Bandits are caught.

Oh well, I still love it and watch every Christmas season

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    His movies weren't bad. Most had interesting characters and good moments, it's just that they don't quite hold together.

Agreed including because in the movie Sixteen Candles the underdog likable nerd becomes one undeniable monster because without regret he rapes an unconscious woman to lose his virginity, and worse because that is used for comedy because it was the 80s.
    Home Alone
    Harry can't understand Kevin is running when it's damn obvious because he and Marv are following him, no stated reason to explain why exactly Kevin delays more than 2 hours to call the Cops when he knows when exactly the Wet Bandits are going to break and enter because it is a plot hole, a Cop that seriously concluded no person is home which is nonsensical because it's common sense that a person or persons most likely are in a house since lights are on, Kevin should not be able to get out of the basement because he literally is in a corner except he does without having to remove his shoes because that is a plot hole, the inane statement by Buzz that they live in a boring neighborhood which contradicts his statement that a misunderstood neighbor is a serial killer, very damn unbelievably convenient that the Wet Bandits are in the exact right house when Harry hears information that the Mccalisters are on a vacation in Paris France, Kevin isn't worried at all when he sees his family isn't in the house, he doesn't lock the door when leaving for Church, the Cops do nothing to help and 1 cop ringing a doorbell before he left isn't helping, how very damn convenient that after a mess the father throws Kevin's passport and plane ticket in the trash, a neighbor that was conveniently in the right place at the right time so the family would be fooled that Kevin isn't being left behind with the boy's face not visible to the family when the head count is happening, etc.

How exactly did Doctor Loomis survive the explosion in Halloween 2?
    Michael Myers surviving that explosion and his eyes regrowing isn't unbelievable because (1978) Halloween showed conclusively he is a supernatural character. Very unbelievable that Doctor Loomis a human character survived the explosion since he returned in 3 direct sequels including Halloween 4.

Also why exactly did it take Michael Myers 20 years to find Laurie?

How exactly did Doctor Loomis survive the explosion in Halloween 2?
    Michael Myers surviving that explosion and his eyes regrowing isn't unbelievable because (1978) Halloween showed conclusively he is a supernatural character. Very unbelievable that Doctor Loomis a human character survived the explosion since he returned in 3 direct sequels including Halloween 4.

Also why exactly did it take Michael Myers 20 years to find Laurie?
    https://screenrant.com/halloween-4-m...deleted-scene/

Halloween 4's Original Opening Showed How Loomis Survived The Second Movie

Who's faster, Josh Randall or Lucas McCain?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Who's faster, Josh Randall or Lucas McCain?
    Paladin.

If we're talking just rifles and shotguns, then we have to add Shotgun Slade. Of the three, I'd probably take Lucas boy.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Paladin.

If we're talking just rifles and shotguns, then we have to add Shotgun Slade. Of the three, I'd probably take Lucas boy.
    Of course Paladin is faster. But both Randall and McCain have rifles, and both are known to be fast.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

With a Riffle McCain no question. Not only was he fast but he was accurate as all get out.

I remember when I was a kid and I read this old book my dad had with McCain's son Mark as an adult. he was not great with a riffle in the book was he was great with a pistol.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    With a Riffle McCain no question. Not only was he fast but he was accurate as all get out.

I remember when I was a kid and I read this old book my dad had with McCain's son Mark as an adult. he was not great with a riffle in the book was he was great with a pistol.
    They actually had one final go around decades later in that Kenny Rodgers thing The Gambler 2 or somesuch title, which also had David Carradine as Caine, and a Maverick among others. I never saw it, but it obviously featured adult Mark as well as Connors of course.

The British Explorer Percy Fawcett claimed he saw and shot a 62-foot Anaconda in 1907 while he was on an expedition in the Amazon.
    Did he really see a 62-foot-long Anaconda?

We'll never know conclusively because the existence of a 62-foot long Anaconda hasn't been proven to exist which could possibly be because animals ate the 62-foot-long Anaconda.
    Another possibility is that a giant anaconda remains hidden in the Amazon River which is why it is extremely challenging to find because the exact area of the Amazon River is 2,700,000 square miles.
    Or he did see and shoot an Anaconda except not a 62 foot long Anaconda.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I see that gives an explanation for how Doctor Loomis survived the explosion in Halloween 2.

Charmed
    Why did Piper buy a Night Club instead of a restaurant?
    This doesn't make sense since she wanted to run her own restaurant.

Halloween H20
    I'm told it took 20 years for Michael Myers to find Laurie's file in Doctor Loomis's home for how he found Laurie.
    Also, I'm told terrible writing for why it took 20 years for Michael Myers to find Loomis's home which is true except that just tells me why the issue exists.
    No explanation in the movie for why exactly it took Michael Myers 20 years to find Loomis's home since Michael wanted to find Laurie's file which he did so he could where exactly Laurie moved to.

Movies (2020) The Invisible Man, Hollow Man, etc
    A character that is Invisible wouldn't be able to absorb light to see the same way visible humans can see because they are not exposed to light since they are invisible.
    So how exactly does Hollow Man, the Invisible Man, the Invisible Woman, and other Invisible characters able to see when they are invisible?

An invisible person might simply not bouncing back any light, hence nothing for anyone to see. Light might reach their eyes like everyone else. But invisibility like in the movies is probably a physical impossibility. If no light is absorbed, it would be white, but you still wouldn't see what is behind. If all light were absorbed, it would be black. Then there is the idea that light is bent around the object, which could only be done with extreme gravitational fields. And then there is the person being invisible, but their clothes aren't, that is not possible either. There is not biological or physical way a person's body alone could be invisible When it is done with tech that projects what ever is behind the person or object, that seems more plausible.

Charmed
    Why did Piper buy a Night Club instead of a restaurant?
    This doesn't make sense since she wanted to run her own restaurant.

Halloween H20
    I'm told it took 20 years for Michael Myers to find Laurie's file in Doctor Loomis's home for how he found Laurie.
    Also, I'm told terrible writing for why it took 20 years for Michael Myers to find Loomis's home which is true except that just tells me why the issue exists.
    No explanation in the movie for why exactly it took Michael Myers 20 years to find Loomis's home since Michael wanted to find Laurie's file which he did so he could where exactly Laurie moved to.
    Sure it did...

This one was addressed during the series.

Came down to "Basics 101..." Piper believed that a bar/night club was more likely to make the initial investment back than a restaurant.