Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    According to an episode of the tv show Cobra Kai, Daniel's victory that involved kicking Johnny's face with the crane kick is a legal victory that was used so persons would quit debating that the climax with how Daniel won by kicking Johnny's face is a plot hole.

Why did the writer seriously expect the audience to understand the referee saying the saying no hits to the face to mean no punches to the face in The Karate Kid?
    Punching the face is illegal as shown because Johnny was awarded no points when he punched Daniel's face, and kicking the face is legal because Johnny wins the Tournament with kicking the bastard Johnny's face.
    Why did he seriously not just have the referee say No punches to the face that wouldn't confuse the audience?

Blumhouse didn't want persons to mistake (2018) Halloween as a remake of (1978) Halloween.
    Then why did they not give this direct sequel to (1978) Halloween a different name instead of reusing the exact same 1 word name?

(2018) Halloween is the only movie sequel whether direct or stand alone that reuses the same freakin name as the first movie which is one of the worst awful feats to have.
    The writers of Robocop 2 , John Wick Chapter 2, Under Siege 2 Dark Territory, Guyver Dark Hero, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, and other movie sequels didn't reuse the same name of the first movie because they knew it would be an extremely dumb idea including unoriginal for a movie sequel to have the same name as the first movie, and would be wanting to have their cake and it to for the audience to accept a movie is a sequel with reusing the same name as the first movie.
    I think part of the reason was one of those legal Party A no longer owns the rights to the official name so Party B is going to use it.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You, Heretic, Must Burn In Hell!!

Of course, whatever it is that those people in Chicago do in the deep dish is damned delicious.
    I am not a heretic that should burn in hell for saying Chicago Deep Dish Pizza is pizza because the damn fact is Chicago Deep Dish pizza is pizza.

I am not a heretic that should burn in hell for saying Chicago Deep Dish Pizza is pizza because the damn fact is Chicago Deep Dish pizza is pizza.
    Deep Dish Pizza is pizza the way Boston Cream Pie is pie. I am fine with calling it "Deep Dish Pizza", as long as the "Deep Dish" is always included.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Pizza or no, it's infinitely better than the soggy crust abomination New York calls pizza.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Pizza or no, it's infinitely better than the soggy crust abomination New York calls pizza.
    I will meet you behind the stables at dawn with pistols sir!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Whatever happened to Scalped? The show based on Aaron's Vertigo book? Abandoned or development hell?

Blumhouse has never stated some reason to justify why they used the unoriginal very dumb name Halloween for a direct sequel to the original Halloween movie.
    They have never stated anything that indicates that they couldn't have renamed the movie with no legal issues to 2018 Halloween, Halloween 40 Years Later, H40, etc or any other sensible name that has more than 1 word.

That would have been the smart decision because they read information that persons mistakenly thought the 2018 Halloween movie was a reboot instead of a sequel to the 1978 Halloween movie that has the same name.

I would bet Jon Stewart 50 bucks that more persons go to Chicago to eat the unique great Chicago Deep Dish Pizza than travel to New York City or some other city in New York to eat New York style pizza. Chicago Deep Dish fill's you up fast with 3 or 4 slices that I know from experience because I've ate at UNO Chicago Pizza and Grill more than 8 times since I usually to Chicago for a Summer vacation to see the Cubs play a home game.
    Couldn't see the Red Sox Cubs game this year because of the coronavirus.

Also the entity Death spared Chicago in the tv show Supernatural because he loves the chicago deep dish pizza. That's a saying a damn lot that a city would get spared for that not a dime a dozen reason in a Horror Drama Tv Show since the Winchester Brothers live in the depressing world where what can go wrong does happen a high amount including Azazel killing Dean and Sam's mother.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

TBH, I find Chicago style has more trouble with soggy crust than New York.

But pizza is pizza, regardless of how deep it is.

And I don't really care how "unpopular" this opinion is, but truly bad pizza is almost an impossibility. People have to really go out of their way by miles to screw up a pizza (Canadians did by adding pineapple :P ).

I would bet Jon Stewart 50 bucks that more persons go to Chicago to eat the unique great Chicago Deep Dish Pizza than travel to New York City or some other city in New York to eat New York style pizza. Chicago Deep Dish fill's you up fast with 3 or 4 slices that I know from experience because I've ate at UNO Chicago Pizza and Grill more than 8 times since I usually to Chicago for a Summer vacation to see the Cubs play a home game.

Also the entity Death spared Chicago in the tv show Supernatural because he loves the chicago deep dish pizza. That's a saying a damn lot that a city would get spared for that not a dime a dozen reason in a Horror Drama Tv Show since the Winchester Brothers live in the depressing world where what can go wrong does happen a high amount including Azazel killing Dean and Sam's mother.
    Yeah, but that's only because Chicago doesn't have anything else.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 08-02-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

New York pizza takes Chicago pizza to the woodshed and leaves it crying and running home to momma!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

You don't even have to say New York Pizza, because it's pizza. But you always have to say "Chicago Style Pizza".

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You don't even have to say New York Pizza, because it's pizza. But you always have to say "Chicago Style Pizza".
    While I have stated here previously that I enjoy all different types of pizza, I completely agree that when you're talking about the original, it has to be from New York.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

And I have never said Chicago Style Pan Pizza is bad. It can be a great dish. I would say it's a variation on real pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    TBH, I find Chicago style has more trouble with soggy crust than New York.

But pizza is pizza, regardless of how deep it is.

And I don't really care how "unpopular" this opinion is, but truly bad pizza is almost an impossibility. People have to really go out of their way by miles to screw up a pizza (Canadians did by adding pineapple :P ).

Yeah, but that's only because Chicago doesn't have anything else.
    Have you ever tried Hawaiian pizza? I thought it would be absolutely gross but a friend of mine kept bugging me to try it so I did just to shut him up. It was delicious. You need a pizza with a robust sauce though. The tartness of the pineapple mixes with the acidity of the sauce and the saltiness of the bacon really sets it off.

But I can understand how it wouldn't be for everyone.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 08-05-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Have you ever tried Hawaiian pizza? I thought it would be absolutely gross but a friend of mine kept bugging me to try it so I did just to shut him up. It was delicious. You need a pizza with a robust sauce though. The tartness of the pineapple mixes with the acidity of the sauce and the saltiness of the bacon really sets it off.

But I can understand how it wouldn't be for everyone.
    I finally had it for the first time last year maybe.

Not one of my favorites, but yeah better than I expected.