Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    What should be the end goal for humanity?
    Peace and love, to quote esteemed percussionist Richard Starkey.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    What should be the end goal for humanity?
    Utterly destroying the evil Xenons before they get us.

Boisterously Confused

How long will the necktie be a thing in men's fashion?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    How long will the necktie be a thing in men's fashion?
    I don't know, but I'm going to keep wearing one when appropriate until I croak. BTW, when I see politicians without it, it just seems weird to me.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Warren Ellis sorta addressed this in an issue of Planetary. A character who was basically an evil version of the Invisible Woman wore special glasses in order to see.
    Ok, except that's pretty ridiculous if that's just supposed to apply to all Invisible Characters instead of (2020) The Invisible Man, Hollow Man, and other movies failing to providing stated rules for why it's not an issue.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

What exact man is responsible for the Hijacking done by the fearless D.B. Cooper?

It is unlikely D.B Cooper survived the jump based on this explanation.

Perhaps Cooper didn’t survive his jump from the plane. After all, the parachute he used couldn’t be steered, his clothing and footwear were unsuitable for a rough landing, and he had jumped into a wooded area at night—a dangerous proposition for a seasoned pro, which evidence suggests Cooper was not. This theory was given an added boost in 1980 when a young boy found a rotting package full of twenty-dollar bills ($5,800 in all) that matched the ransom money serial numbers.

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-c...oper-hijacking
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Ok, except that's pretty ridiculous if that's just supposed to apply to all Invisible Characters instead of (2020) The Invisible Man, Hollow Man, and other movies failing to providing stated rules for why it's not an issue.
    Just pointing out that someone thought about that particular issue and came up with an answer for it.

Can somebody, anybody please explain the appeal of gaucamole? I've tried it a couple of times and couldn't stand the stuff. Why is it so popular?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    What exact man is responsible for the Hijacking done by the fearless D.B. Cooper?
    The series Leverage had an episode positing that the flight attendant was complicit in the crime and "Cooper" was never found b/c the authorities were working off a false description.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Can somebody, anybody please explain the appeal of gaucamole? I've tried it a couple of times and couldn't stand the stuff. Why is it so popular?
    Ditto. Don't hate it, but it doesn't excite me.

Because it's awesome? I could literally eat a huge bowl of it and nothing else (not that I have done this or will in the future, mind you).

Astonishing Member

I suspect it's popular because it's supposed to be healthful. (I don't know whether it really is or not.) If you do eat it, make sure it's really fresh. (Toss it out after one day.) Also, use it as an alternative to salsa as a dip for chips or as a supplement to mayonnaise as a condiment for turkey sandwiches. Those seem to be the two main foods that it goes well with.

Because some people think it tastes really good. There are probably foods you like I couldn't stand. Things I don't like, almost any creamy salad dressing, cool whip, blue cheese, fish like herring and mackerel, oysters, and so on. Different strokes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Because some people think it tastes really good. There are probably foods you like I couldn't stand. Things I don't like, almost any creamy salad dressing, cool whip, blue cheese, fish like herring and mackerel, oysters, and so on. Different strokes.
    Creamy salad dressing? Just ranch
    Cool Whip? Nope
    Fish like herring and mackerel? Nope
    Oysters? Hell nope

Creamy salad dressing? Just ranch
    Cool Whip? Nope
    Fish like herring and mackerel? Nope
    Oysters? Hell nope
    While I love all of that myself.

Never tried… Maybe I would like it…

All you really need to make guacamole is ripe avocados and salt. After that, a little lime or lemon juice—a splash of acidity—will help balance the richness of the avocado. If you want, add chopped cilantro, chilis, onion, and/or tomato.
    The trick to making perfect guacamole is using avocados that are just the right amount of ripeness. Not ripe enough and the avocado will be hard and flavorless. Too ripe and the taste will be off.
    The Best Guacamole Recipe
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe