Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Here is something that bothered me.

In the early issues of Tales to Astonish Giant man was seen several times with out his mask on while he was at his home/lab surrounded by his fan club. He was called Hank by Jan at the time. Jan had no mask. Jan and Hank are seen out of costume several times in public and were a known couple.. There was a scene when Hank first become Giant Man and is experimenting with his growth formula where he grow so large he crashes our of his house. The police who know this is Hank Pym's house investigate.

Yet no one knew Giant Man and Hank Pym were one in the same. Even Captain America seemed surprised by this even though Giant man had called Wasp Jan more then once in front of the Avengers.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The whole quote is "I'm not saying it was ancient aliens, but it was aliens!"
    My Question is what Kind of Aliens? Conspiracy ones or xenomorphy ones or predatory ones?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    My Question is what Kind of Aliens? Conspiracy ones or xenomorphy ones or predatory ones?
    Humoring the tangent?

It's totally buddy from Prometheus.

(You Know The One...)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Humoring the tangent?

It's totally buddy from Prometheus.

(You Know The One...)
    What a coincidence: Buddy from Elf is my favorite character. Just kidding. It makes sense that those guys built stuff.
    (also your Avatar is freaking me out)

The Chariot of the Gods aliens pre-date the predatory aliens or the xenomorph aliens.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I agree. No aliens or levitation needed.
    Of course, those things are a must when discussing the process in fiction.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Here is something that bothered me.

In the early issues of Tales to Astonish Giant man was seen several times with out his mask on while he was at his home/lab surrounded by his fan club. He was called Hank by Jan at the time. Jan had no mask. Jan and Hank are seen out of costume several times in public and were a known couple.. There was a scene when Hank first become Giant Man and is experimenting with his growth formula where he grow so large he crashes our of his house. The police who know this is Hank Pym's house investigate.

Yet no one knew Giant Man and Hank Pym were one in the same. Even Captain America seemed surprised by this even though Giant man had called Wasp Jan more then once in front of the Avengers.
    I think we can chalk this up Stan Lee and his bad memory/inconsistent approach to characters in the early days. In the first issue of X-Men Beast talks like a regular guy from New Yawk, but a few issue later he becomes a intellectual. Hulk's real name is Robert Bruce Banner because Stan literally forgot and started calling Bruce Banner "Bob" for a few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What a coincidence: Buddy from Elf is my favorite character. Just kidding. It makes sense that those guys built stuff.
    (also your Avatar is freaking me out)
    No need to be freaked out by Dr. Gori. He was looking out for you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Seemed shocking a old man could sound so intimidating.
    See Deathstroke.