Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Here is something that bothered me.

In the early issues of Tales to Astonish Giant man was seen several times with out his mask on while he was at his home/lab surrounded by his fan club. He was called Hank by Jan at the time. Jan had no mask. Jan and Hank are seen out of costume several times in public and were a known couple.. There was a scene when Hank first become Giant Man and is experimenting with his growth formula where he grow so large he crashes our of his house. The police who know this is Hank Pym's house investigate.

Yet no one knew Giant Man and Hank Pym were one in the same. Even Captain America seemed surprised by this even though Giant man had called Wasp Jan more then once in front of the Avengers.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The whole quote is "I'm not saying it was ancient aliens, but it was aliens!"
    My Question is what Kind of Aliens? Conspiracy ones or xenomorphy ones or predatory ones?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    My Question is what Kind of Aliens? Conspiracy ones or xenomorphy ones or predatory ones?
    Humoring the tangent?

It's totally buddy from Prometheus.

(You Know The One...)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Humoring the tangent?

It's totally buddy from Prometheus.

(You Know The One...)
    What a coincidence: Buddy from Elf is my favorite character. Just kidding. It makes sense that those guys built stuff.
    (also your Avatar is freaking me out)

The Chariot of the Gods aliens pre-date the predatory aliens or the xenomorph aliens.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I agree. No aliens or levitation needed.
    Of course, those things are a must when discussing the process in fiction.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Here is something that bothered me.

In the early issues of Tales to Astonish Giant man was seen several times with out his mask on while he was at his home/lab surrounded by his fan club. He was called Hank by Jan at the time. Jan had no mask. Jan and Hank are seen out of costume several times in public and were a known couple.. There was a scene when Hank first become Giant Man and is experimenting with his growth formula where he grow so large he crashes our of his house. The police who know this is Hank Pym's house investigate.

Yet no one knew Giant Man and Hank Pym were one in the same. Even Captain America seemed surprised by this even though Giant man had called Wasp Jan more then once in front of the Avengers.
    I think we can chalk this up Stan Lee and his bad memory/inconsistent approach to characters in the early days. In the first issue of X-Men Beast talks like a regular guy from New Yawk, but a few issue later he becomes a intellectual. Hulk's real name is Robert Bruce Banner because Stan literally forgot and started calling Bruce Banner "Bob" for a few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What a coincidence: Buddy from Elf is my favorite character. Just kidding. It makes sense that those guys built stuff.
    (also your Avatar is freaking me out)
    No need to be freaked out by Dr. Gori. He was looking out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Seemed shocking a old man could sound so intimidating.
    See Deathstroke.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Is Tahooe Tessie really a sea monster?

The name Centipede means 100 and foot.
    Why did a human choose the misleading name centipede for creatures?

The creatures have a varying number of legs from under 20 to over 300.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think we can chalk this up Stan Lee and his bad memory/inconsistent approach to characters in the early days. In the first issue of X-Men Beast talks like a regular guy from New Yawk, but a few issue later he becomes a intellectual. Hulk's real name is Robert Bruce Banner because Stan literally forgot and started calling Bruce Banner "Bob" for a few issues.
    Stan did explain the change with the beast. After a couple issues he wasnt happy that he basically sounded and acted like a mutant version of The Thing. So it was changed up to make him stand out and be different.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Dave McRae criticized the sequel name (2018) Halloween is a dumb name for a direct sequel to (1978) Halloween. Also Mike of WeWatchedAMovie also criticized the name (2018) Halloween as a dumb name for a sequel. I wouldn’t doubt vast other persons have the same criticism about the dumb direct sequel name.
    Universal choose to be unoriginal also utterly lazy reusing the same name for a direct sequel to the movie (1978) Halloween.

Nothing was stopping Universal from using the name 2018 Halloween or a other sensible name that would differentiate the direct sequel name from the original Halloween movie.
    They gave the sequels original names that are Halloween Kills, and Halloween Ends. So they can’t truthfully claim they couldn’t have given the direct sequel to Halloween a original name.

How did Mary Golightly know so much about Yin and Yang?

Retired

People always say you should live in the moment, but how is that possible? Our brains are constantly going through a process of remembering and predicting to construct our perception of time. Whatever moment we perceive is something that already past and our brain has processed it and anticipated the next moment after. That's how we see things happening--it's why movies seem to move even though they're still images. We're constructing an idea of the moment in our brain. So we can't really live in the moment because it never actually exists--it's a construct.

I feel like the self-help gurus are gas-lighting us when they say live in the moment. We get so tangled up in our heads about what moment we're living in that it distracts us from the reality that the gurus are filching money from our pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    People always say you should live in the moment, but how is that possible? Our brains are constantly going through a process of remembering and predicting to construct our perception of time. Whatever moment we perceive is something that already past and our brain has processed it and anticipated the next moment after. That's how we see things happening--it's why movies seem to move even though they're still images. We're constructing an idea of the moment in our brain. So we can't really live in the moment because it never actually exists--it's a construct.

I feel like the self-help gurus are gas-lighting us when they say live in the moment. We get so tangled up in our heads about what moment we're living in that it distracts us from the reality that the gurus are filching money from our pockets.
    If you are walking on the edge of a winding gorge, you feel the need to live in the moment, you don’t think about the past nor the future…

However, people who learned how to meditate say it’s a training, you train your mind to focus. You don’t need to give a lot of money to learn how to meditate, there are books…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe