Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    I don't doubt they can dunk a basketball but a kid dunking a basketball on a hoop that is likely as high as the nba hoops is why I find it unrealistic.

It was done for a good cause in a desperate situation. I imagine desperate times calls for desperate measures is why its not made a big deal of.
    It's a movie about little kids beating up adults, we're clearly dealing in a fantasy universe where children can be very strong. If a child is strong enough to beat up an adult he can probably jump very high. Higher than an equally strong adult because of a higher muscle-mass-to-weight ratio.

BANNED

Does fast food mustard cost ten times as much as ketchup? At the drivethru they pack in handfuls of ketchup without asking but you practically have to beg to get two mustard packets. And if you ask for more they act like you're a maniac asking them to give you 10 free burgers. Hey, I like mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    I was watching Jaws the other day,

Why wouldn't the mayor of amity island shut down the beaches?! even after the little kid died?!
    It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember him being pretty clear about his reasons.

- End of Evil Dead II: Ash has a very obvious streak of grey on his left temple.

- Beginning of Army Of Darkness: Ash has a full head of black hair.

Invincible Member

It was done for a good cause in a desperate situation. I imagine desperate times calls for desperate measures is why its not made a big deal of.
    Thing is, when you look at it, it wasn't for a good cause. Most of what he did was for self serving reasons. Had he not broke broke his parents rules and then broke the law trying to cover for it, he wouldn't have had any problems...yet people like to live vicariously thru him. I believe it's cuz he starts the film as a good looking rich kid and when he does break the rules he not only gets away with it, he actually profits. It's the sort fantasy many folks like to indulge in

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    I was watching Jaws the other day,

Why wouldn't the mayor of amity island shut down the beaches?! even after the little kid died?!

And he wouldn't listen to Richard Dreyfuss!
    Because they depend on the beaches to make most of their money in the summers.
    Why the hell did they have Chief Brody wear his badge on the wrong side?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Thing is, when you look at it, it wasn't for a good cause. Most of what he did was for self serving reasons. Had he not broke broke his parents rules and then broke the law trying to cover for it, he wouldn't have had any problems...yet people like to live vicariously thru him. I believe it's cuz he starts the film as a good looking rich kid and when he does break the rules he not only gets away with it, he actually profits. It's the sort fantasy many folks like to indulge in
    It typically backfires for Zack Morris for his selfish plans but for him it worked out breaking the rules and profiting from it. So I guess he's mostly a wish fulfillment.

BANNED

It typically backfires for Zack Morris for his selfish plans but for him it worked out breaking the rules and profiting from it. So I guess he's mostly a wish fulfillment.
    That's not really true. Zack Morris is a terrible person and generally gets away with it with only the occasional mild rebuke.

Anyway, the real answer for Risky Business is that the 80s were a morally bankrupt decade and we wanted morally bankrupt heroes.

BANNED

Are Predators simply collectors of skulls? I never really understood why they choke and inspect skulls.
    I thought taking the skull and spine is simply for souvenir purposes of the hunt, and not the skull to be collected per se.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    That's not really true. Zack Morris is a terrible person and generally gets away with it with only the occasional mild rebuke.

Anyway, the real answer for Risky Business is that the 80s were a morally bankrupt decade and we wanted morally bankrupt heroes.
    Risky Business is almost sort of a precursor to Gordon Geeko, except Gordon was supposed to be the bad guy, although some folks in the audience admire him anyway

Ok then he's the wish fulfillment of breaking the rules, and using a illegal activity to get out of the mess he created without any negative problems. The kind of unforgettable story that would trump anything if it ever got brought up whats the craziest things you did of breaking the rules while in High School.
    It's the kind if stuff that makes having a house party look like child's play

Movie: Doubt
    Was Father Flynn guilty of having a inappropriate with a student?

BANNED

Ok then he's the wish fulfillment of breaking the rules, and using a illegal activity to get out of the mess he created without any negative problems. The kind of unforgettable story that would trump anything if it ever got brought up whats the craziest things you did of breaking the rules while in High School.
    It's the kind if stuff that makes having a house party look like child's play

Movie: Doubt
    Was Father Flynn guilty of having a inappropriate with a student?
    You know how the title of the movie is "Doubt?" The point is that it's unclear, and what people do in such a harrowing situation when you can't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie View Post
    Are Predators simply collectors of skulls? I never really understood why they choke and inspect skulls.
    I thought taking the skull and spine is simply for souvenir purposes of the hunt, and not the skull to be collected per se.

Maybe they believe the whole the eyes are the windows to the soul to see if they have 1.
    The skulls are trophies, along with records so they visibly see what they've hunted.

You know how the title of the movie is "Doubt?" The point is that it's unclear, and what people do in such a harrowing situation when you can't know for sure.
    You're telling me what I already know that its a movie that intentionally made it ambiguous and unknown.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    - End of Evil Dead II: Ash has a very obvious streak of grey on his left temple.

- Beginning of Army Of Darkness: Ash has a full head of black hair.

It's L'Oreal.