Spectacular Member

Default looking for a Publisher for my comic idea and Artist as well

Hi I'm a Writer and Idea person looking for a Comic Publisher and Artist for my comic, which is the British Batman Lord Protector.

Like Top Cow but they don't have a forum anymore,

LW

All-New Member

Look mate, I'm not sure how good this is...at first, you should give more info about your comic (number of pages etc.). At second of all, don't except anyone to accept your invitation for Publishing your comic, you need first to finish your project 100% and then you should look yourself to find someone who can publish your book. The point is that you need to persistence and find you publisher, not contrary...

Spectacular Member

That cost Money I don't have I'm poor person, Artist cost cash a fully finished Comic cost even more.

LW

No publisher is gonna give you a contract for a publishing deal based on an idea alone. You have to put the graft in and create a pitch document. That involves complete scripts of at least the first few issues, plus plot outline for the entirety. A few finished pages from an artist etc...
    Theres no shortage of info from established creators on the internet about how to pitch a project. You gotta do youre research if youre serious about this.

And for the love of god, dont dive into the deep end straight of the bat with plans for some mega epic ongoing saga. Cos that aint gonna happen. Short stories and one-shots should be your aim. Maaaaybe a short mini.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

As someone who recently got a mini-series picked up by a publisher, these guys are right. Unfortunately not a lot of publishers (I can only think of one) will even read a script without some art attached, and a fully finished first issue is usually really helpful. A lot of work goes into a pitch, Dark is right with that (oh boy is he right haha). Some publishers even want a write up on the market, and who the comic is for, realistically.

Finding an artist is hard work, and may cost some money too. I was lucky enough to find an artist like ours. Just keep looking, you may get lucky, but even an artist wants a good pitch. Go to your local cons, meet some artist there, that's how I met ours.

I may suggest doing a short story for an anthology, a 5 page story is cheaper to find an artist for, then a fully ongoing series or miniseries. I also find that a miniseries or oneshot is way easier to pitch to a publisher then ongoing, as miniseries have an ending.

Maybe find an artist and pay them bit by bit when you can, it may take longer to get an issue done, but having a first issue goes along way. You can start pitching it, or set up a kick starter for the other issues.

Do some research, and most importantly, never give up! I almost gave up a few times, and now I'm getting my own miniseries out, as well as a short in an anthology.

I wish you the best of luck, always follow a dream.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-08-2016 at 04:08 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Spectacular Member

all right were do do the research beacuse I think My British Batman like character Lord Protector should has his own series, and mini series to start off is good.

Were do I find these sites to help me?,

LW

2000 AD has a nice little write up on what they except from writers and artist, some of it will not apply to what you are doing, but overall it is a good guideline.

http://www.2000adonline.com/submissions/

Also the British Batman is the Knight.

Spectacular Member

I know that about the Knight I don't like him he is C level Hero, So I still can create a British Batman. The first mini series to introduce him is him dealing with Saucy Jack a modern day Jack the Ripper,

LW